Arrgghh RESTLESS LEGS.... HELP!

lovesexy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I really am hoping one of you have the cure to this awful infliction...

In all my pregnancies I have suffered badly with restless legs at night, to the point were I get absolutely no sleep at all..

I have tried tonic water and a homeopathic remedy all not helping.
I only get this when I am pregnant.

I am finding it even harder this time because I have a toddler and I am kept busy all day with little or no rest during the day and no sleep at night its really getting me down, I am just exhausted..:cry::cry::cry:

Can anyone offer any advice?
thanks x

Oh I get restless feet, but since being pregnant they are quite bad!! My doctor suggested putting my feet in the air to let the blood flow away from the feet.. but to be honest I don't find it to helpful... I get really fidgety!! Do you find going to bed helps at all.. I find if I get in to bed when restless, then the coolness of the sheets eases them!! Not much help I know.. but I can empathise with you.. maybe a cool leg bath before bed might help?? Just a thought xx

i get restless feet too the only thing that helps a little bit is a bowl of cool water, feet in for 10mins before bed which is a chore but my dh gets mine on request. But tbh its hard work getting my feet in the water as it is soo cold anyway but once they are in its not too bad.

I get this as well only not just when pregnant... however i tend to suffer more when am tired so i simply find going to bed and curling up with a book helps...

It always starts in the evening when I am tired, once I am asleep it's ok. A firm leg massage from H really helps. I got one of those massage bars from Lush the other day so now my legs smell lovely too!

I too have always suffered from this and not just whilst pregnant. I find I get it when i'm tired in the evening so i either stretch about, have a walk about or just got to bed so i'm lay down. If i get it in bed i just move my legs about....would love to hear any other suggestions too!
i remember on holiday to florida they sold tablets for restless leg syndrome!! I never got them but how does that work then???

I got this so badly in the hairdressers waiting for my son's haircut the other day that I had to jump up and walk around the room - this was after I'd also fallen asleep in there because I was so exhausted from not sleeping. It is a very chic and sophisticated hairdresser too (he is 15 and has impossible wavy hair and cries over it so that I have to take him somewhere where they can cut it well...) - I've rarely felt so embarrassed but it was just unbearable, I couldn't keep still. My friend has serious version of restless legs that stopped her sleeping for years - literally every night - but she is now on medication for it which has completely stopped it. I know it's unlikely to be ok in pregnancy but you could ask your doctor about it just in case on the off chance, if it's really bad...?

Thanks Ladies,

Sadly there is nothing that can be taken in pregnancy for it, the medication is called Quinine but not safe in pregnancy.
It only starts when I am sitting at night and especially when I am in bed..

Hiya i put a reply to a thread about this else where but i can understand how you feel i get restless legs when im pregnant too i got it really bad with my son and i used cooling gel which helped but i was told to massage my legs before bed and ideally half an hour before bed to walk bare foot on a cold hard floor like wooden flooring or kitchen/bathroom tiles.

this time i was moaning about this to Oh's uncle who is a dr but also practices yoga and well being and all that he recommended a magnesium oil which you can get from health shops. sprayed on before bed and massaged in worked wonders for me!! im usually skeptical when it comes to anything like this but it actually worked. its supposed to help you sleep too and that seemed to help as well you cant really smell anything else but i did find my self more relaxed slept better.

i tried a few days without using the oil and the first day i was fine but then slowly the restless legs returned over the next few days so went back to using the oil and im back to being happy again!!

the name of the oil is magnesium oil by a company called better you and it says goodnight spray on it too. ive just googled it and you can get it on amazon for about £9.00 for 100ml which is like 800 sprays. i have the one with the purple on it. their website is www.betteryou.uk.com.

when you first use it you may get some tingling but that is normal until the musle nd skin get used to it.

give it ago lets us know how you got on.

hth.xxx

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I am going to go and get this tomorrow.. and if not then Amazon.
I'll keep you posted!
xxx

i too have terrible restless legs at night. the only thing that helps me is to take Tylenol pm about an hour before bed, followed by a bath. it seems to ease the ache enough so i can fall asleep. good luck!

oh good, i get this too, its awful! cool sheets usually help! but i like the sound of that oil

Well last night was the first night I used the Magnesium oil spray.. Apart from being disturbed by the high winds and the noisy neighbour downstairs.. I would say it was very successful!!!!!

Normally if I am being woke from my sleep it would start almost straight away but last night I was fidgety free!!! lol

Thanks for the tip, I hope it continues to work for me.
xxxx

wow I am going to try that! I must admit I was thinking, naahh, how's that going to help, but sounds pretty convincing if you've both had the same experience...

Weirdly, pregnancy has cured my restless legs. Its actually cured all of my night troubles, I used to sleep walk/talk, just out of bed, have night terrors, constantly jiggle around and toss and turn and now.....nothing! I sleep!
I was told that the restless leg could come from an iron deficiency, so I am presuming because I am super careful about maintaining a really good diet and also taking my prenatal supplements that I have cured it by upping my iron!

Ugh, I've been getting this too, it's so annoying! Sometimes my other joints will get restless too, so I sit there fidgeting away like a right lunatic!

Lucky for me I don't seem to get it once I'm in bed, just the rest of the day!

xx

I was getting this too, & had it with my other 2 pregnancies as well. But it has pretty much stopped the last few weeks!!! YAAAYYY!! I had gained 2 extra pounds & was feeling rather unhealthy so I went back to my normal eating habits of 6 fruits & veggies a day, lots of proteins & calcium, and only whole grains. I quit eating sugar and junk basically. My weight is now back on track & the restless legs have ceased!!!! I do believe I read that it can be caused by mineral deficiencies, so maybe all the spinach, baked potatoes, and iron enriched oatmeal I'm eating is helping??:shrug:

I'm sticking to the recommended 2000 calories a day for my height & weight while pregnant & I eat up the extra calories I burn from workouts, but am sticking to the best odds diet from the "What To Expect When You're Expecting " book. I figure it's worth it to feel good again & miraculously I do!!!! Try it out girls, it can't hurt!!:):thumbup:

you're welcome lovesexy. im glad it worked for you!!

maybethisit - thats exactly what i thought ''ergh its another oil oh sod it lets try and see what happens'' lmao - im generally sceptical about this kind of thing but i was so fed up and so desperate for some help i tried it and im glad i did in the end.

i need to find something for the day now as that one is the night oil! i'll let you guys know if i come across anything!!

just found it actually. its the same spray except not the goodnight one just the original one which you can get on amazon too and its the white and baby blue packaging!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->