As 40 wks nears, I am starting to worry about gd

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Originally I thought a hb would be fine as I would be monitored for any gd problems. But I have not been monitored at all. Ok my sugars gave been good with the occasional high. But I have had no scans nothing. Should I have not had one growth scan at least? And should baby not have ctg's weekly?

She doesn't move much any more - not in the last two weeks. She used to be crazy active but suddenly stopped. I get my ten kicks a day, just but they are mostly wiggles in spurts about twice a day.

Should I worry? I didn't ask to ignore the fact I was diagnosed with gd - just that it be treated realistically.

Hi - didn't want to read and run. Can you ask your midwife about your GD monitoring? I know that growth scans are notoriously inaccurate anyway, so that probably wouldn't help too much. :shrug:

My LO has also slowed down in terms of movement in the last wee while - I figure it's just to do with having less space :flower:

Your fit healthy and well right#? .. I think I know you are just havig a wobble and I'm sure you will look back on this and have a bit of a giggle! You have been trying to aviod them interfering with you and treating you like you are sick.

You have very well controlled sugars.
An estimated fetal weight by scan is inaccurate, but the abdominal cir measurements are very accurate, this is the only significance to you, if you can/can't deliver vaginally with GD, and by this stage you already know that you can - They don't ballon in the last week of pregnancy if you keep your sugars still under control. . and you are not indicated to have a CTG.. it will only give you a window on the babies HR for 10-20min.. what has that got to do with your GD? Plus the only proven outcome links of CGT is that it increases c-section rates, with no benifical effect on increasing good outcomes for mother or baby.

I know you know all this - so are you just having wobbles? because you need to concentrate on your wellbeing, not looking for reassurance to problems that are not there.

Sorry if I sound hard - but you know that I have been there! ;-) Chin up! Don't let the buggers get you down!
XxX

:hugs: Em I totally think the difference between this pregnancy and Tom's is hitting you a bit. He was monitored loads, but this baby doesn't really need it. There's no real need for growth scans with a baby with GD when your sugars are well monitored, as yours are, and as long as you're not measuring overly big, try not to worry!

I know it was "normal" for ME to have weekly scans/CTG's/be poked and prodded when I was pregnant with Tegan (and it probably was with Tom too) but it's NOT normal in a healthy pregnancy. An ideal pregnancy has two scans, no CTG's and a straight forward delivery with minimal intervention.

Thank you everyone. It is just a wobble. Just getting fed up with false starts and bad night's and I get echos in my head of the stupid things the gd team said like "diabetics have stillbirths at term" yada yada. And I am measuring a week ahead now.

I was just being silly and needed to hear all the things you guys said. I have always be nervy and things never work out right for me.

Everybody has a wobble (or two!) :hugs: and it WILL work out right for you and your LO :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->