Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Ali - I'm jealous you live so close to Target! We order everything from Amazon and it's just not the same. I used to love pushing my cart up and down the aisles finding all sorts of things I never knew I needed ;)

I know, I'm blessed to live in suburbia! :haha: I have almost every store I might need within a 5 mile radius. Plus several malls to choose from, shopping in S. Fl is never a problem! I haven't made it to target yet.. oops I took a nap!
I'll head over there shortly.

Ooh naps are the best. I'm feeling a little better from my cold today so I went out for a little while and then took the best nap when I got home :)

Hi ladies! Em, thanks for the invite, this thread is a great idea. Sorry to hear you have a cold -- I have one as well. Yuk. I thought it was strep at first, but now it feels like run of the mill sore throat, which is certainly better.

Lauren, good luck today! Can't wait to hear about your anatomy scan!

xx

Hey Everyone!
So I had the first sono today.. she said I am 5w1day, although I'm not sure how she came to that calculation...she said they consider all blasts, whether 5 or 6 days as 5 day transfer... anyway, she said the gestational sac looks exactly as it should.. waiting on the beta blood number from today since I never got a second one since last week... hoping for a high number! I didn't see a yolk sac or fetal pole or anything, but she said with their sono's she wouldn't see it at 5 weeks one day yet...but next week she's hoping to see a heartbeat... should she have seen a fetal pole now? I'm paranoid of course because of the miscarriage, even though she told me everything looks great.

Hey Everyone!
So I had the first sono today.. she said I am 5w1day, although I'm not sure how she came to that calculation...she said they consider all blasts, whether 5 or 6 days as 5 day transfer... anyway, she said the gestational sac looks exactly as it should.. waiting on the beta blood number from today since I never got a second one since last week... hoping for a high number! I didn't see a yolk sac or fetal pole or anything, but she said with their sono's she wouldn't see it at 5 weeks one day yet...but next week she's hoping to see a heartbeat... should she have seen a fetal pole now? I'm paranoid of course because of the miscarriage, even though she told me everything looks great.

Nope.. at 5 weeks it is normal to just see the gestational sac. They can tell how far along you are by the size of the gestational sac. The fetal pole should be noticeable in a few more days. According to this site, the fetal pole shouldn't be visible until 6 weeks: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/elpaso/som/o...nd/1st_trimester_ultrasound_scannin.htm#Fetal Heart Beat

By 6w 5d it would be 5mm long. Apparently each day past 6 weeks the fetal pole grows 1mm. Next week the fetal pole should be measurable and the HB should be as well (after 6w4d)! :thumbup:

Thanks so much Ali! She said she's hoping to see the HB next week at 6w2d... hope so too.. so nervous to see it. When did anyone see all these??

Thanks so much Ali! She said she's hoping to see the HB next week at 6w2d... hope so too.. so nervous to see it. When did anyone see all these??

My FS refuses to do an ultrasound until 6.5 weeks, so I will see mine on Wednesday! Hopefully everything will be as it should be. I haven't had a beta or anything since 5/30 I'm going a little crazy here :wacko: It was like a 2 week wait all over again!

My FS refuses to do an ultrasound until 6.5 weeks, so I will see mine on Wednesday! Hopefully everything will be as it should be. I haven't had a beta or anything since 5/30 I'm going a little crazy here :wacko: It was like a 2 week wait all over again!

OMG Ali.. I dont' know how you're dealing.. I thought waiting a week was horrible.. I'm excited for you to see a heartbeat too then this week!! Almost there!

OMG Ali.. I dont' know how you're dealing.. I thought waiting a week was horrible.. I'm excited for you to see a heartbeat too then this week!! Almost there!

I know.. I have been going a little stir crazy, but the daily MS reminder has helped keep me sane. Knowing I have MS means that my bean is probably just fine. I hope! :wacko: It is 43 hours.. but who's counting :haha:

Hi everyone! Thanks for the invite Em ;)

Baby - My FS told me that once your beta hits over 1000 is when they can see more; usually the fetal pole and yolk sac! I understand your nervous; I have been there! But I remember I was in my 6th week before seeing them. And end of week 6 we saw the hb.

BabyD: 5w1d is so early for an u/s. I would imagine the main purpose is for placement, to make sure the gestational sac is on the uterus (I.e., it's not an ectopic). We saw a heartbeat at 6w3d. It was a tiny flicker and the dr said the baby was the size of a grain of rice.

AFM, so fatigue hit me like a bus today! I've had to take 1-2 hour naps the past two days, but today, I was awake for only 4 hours and had to nap for 2 hours. It's a good thing I'm on vacation, but not sure what happens when I go back to work on Weds. I had to cancel sightseeing and hope to at least make it to the hotel pool today. Anyone else experience this?

BabyD: 5w1d is so early for an u/s. I would imagine the main purpose is for placement, to make sure the gestational sac is on the uterus (I.e., it's not an ectopic). We saw a heartbeat at 6w3d. It was a tiny flicker and the dr said the baby was the size of a grain of rice.

AFM, so fatigue hit me like a bus today! I've had to take 1-2 hour naps the past two days, but today, I was awake for only 4 hours and had to nap for 2 hours. It's a good thing I'm on vacation, but not sure what happens when I go back to work on Weds. I had to cancel sightseeing and hope to at least make it to the hotel pool today. Anyone else experience this?

You are a few days maybe a week ahead of me, but I've had some pretty bad fatigue, where I just want to sleep :sleep: all day. In fact I did nap most of yesterday! I have been laying down at lunch when I work from home and that is helping. I also rest my eyes at the end of the day. If only for 15 mins it seems to help. Otherwise I've been going to bed a lot earlier, like 1-2 hours earlier than normal.

Ladies I too have been soooooooo tired!!! Having a nap really helped me today so I'm going to try fit a nap in when I can fx'd!!! But yes the fatigue is a killer isnt it! I could literally fall asleep anywhere :dohh:

Hey all... so my hcg level isn't doubling anymore.. my first was at 12dp5dt and was 777, my second was today at 17dp5dt was 3706... I know it's still going up, but at 5w1d.. shouldn't it be going up a lot higher before slowing down?

Hey all... so my hcg level isn't doubling anymore.. my first was at 12dp5dt and was 777, my second was today at 17dp5dt was 3706... I know it's still going up, but at 5w1d.. shouldn't it be going up a lot higher before slowing down?

It's still doubling within the normal limits, which is every 48-72 hours. It does slow down, and the more important part now if that your US was fine! I wouldn't worry about the beta at all. Just relax and wait for your next US!

Sept - glad you made it over! Sorry you're sick too :(. I still have a cough today and every time I cough hard I worry I'm shaking the baby loose :haha: jk, kind of ;)

BabyD - I'll echo what everyone said about the betas slowing down. I think you're in good shape. Sorry this waiting is so hard.

First- the fatigue has finally hit me too. I've had the worst insomnia and been wired but I think that is over now. This afternoon I was sooo tired and really wanted to nap. We're expending a lot of energy growing these babies!

AFM - ultrasound tomorrow morning at 7am so 10 hrs to go :happydance: I was hoping to see the heartbeat but it sounds more like I'll probably just see the gestational sac. As long as it's in the uterus I am happy!!

Em: I've been having giant sneezes (allergies). Everytime, I hold my belly and then apologize to my little bean.

First, omg the fatigue in the beginning was awful!! I could barely make it through the day and took a nap every day when I got home. Told hubby most days that he needed to cook or pick up take out. Thankfully it's gotten better.

Em, ultrasound tomorrow morning!!! Yay!

Ali your ultrasound Wed!! Glad the MS has helped your peace of mind. Though sorry you are sick.

BabyD, I have already said my piece to you on the other thread. I'm sure you're going to see a beautiful heartbeat next week! :hugs: Hopefully you can keep busy for the next week and think good thoughts!!

Em I can't wait to hear all about your ultrasound :) it's the most amazing feeling ever :hug:

babyD your numbers are still doubling Hun :hugs: try to relax (I know much easier said than done) but your numbers are doubling and that's all they're looking for :hugs:

L4hope cannot believe you're half way already :happydance:

:hi: to everyone else :)

We saw the heartbeat :yipee: One little bean due Feb 6th :). I still can't believe this is happening!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->