Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

I'm back.. baby is measuring about 5w6d not quite 6 weeks, we didn't get to see a baby or fetal pole. Just the gestational sac and the yolk sac (we think).
I go back in a week for another ultrasound. They want me back in sooner than later for another IVIg. I guess the NK cells are slowing my babies progress? The FS was pleased and not concerned. He ordered a P4, E2 and BETA to see where we were at, but I won't get them until tomorrow around 2pm.
-- sorry if this is a repeat post, figured it would be easier to just type it out 1 time--

Attachments

• gest_sac.jpg
    gest_sac.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 6
  • yolk_sac.jpg
    yolk_sac.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 4
Alicatt- are they sure they didn't see the fetal pole? looks like it to me.. but I'm no Dr! One day behind isn't bad! Are you happy? It is still early so hopefully by your next sono you'll see the baby!

Alicatt- are they sure they didn't see the fetal pole? looks like it to me.. but I'm no Dr! One day behind isn't bad! Are you happy? It is still early so hopefully by your next sono you'll see the baby!

Well it was hard to see, nothing was very well defined. I kept seeing these blobs that were not well formed, then he measured something and said it was the yolk sac. Maybe it was the fetal pole? It was not round like most yolk sacs. So we just wait for another week to see what is going on next. :coffee:

I'm back.. baby is measuring about 5w6d not quite 6 weeks, we didn't get to see a baby or fetal pole. Just the gestational sac and the yolk sac (we think).
I go back in a week for another ultrasound. They want me back in sooner than later for another IVIg. I guess the NK cells are slowing my babies progress? The FS was pleased and not concerned. He ordered a P4, E2 and BETA to see where we were at, but I won't get them until tomorrow around 2pm.
-- sorry if this is a repeat post, figured it would be easier to just type it out 1 time--

Hmm, that's a confusing report. Seeing the yolk sac is good. And my RE said its hard to measure when they are this small. So, being off by a day or two could be human error. So, I don't think that part should bother you. I guess we'll just have to wait til next week. What day are you going back?

Looks good to me Ali ;) I was always measuring a day or even more behind and they told me that was normal. It is amazing how much more you will see in just 1 week, so the fact they saw what they think is a yolk sac; that is great!

First - Symptoms come and go; hard not to worry, but as much as everyone wishes for MS or something, be glad if you don't have it ;)

Em - How was your dinner? Beautiful picture too; glad to put a face to you, well sort of, it is small, but for some reason I imagined you as a blonde ;)

Wanna - Good for you for waiting to find out ;) I tried that, actually had the tech write the sex down in a sealed envelope and we did a reveal with all our family together at Easter. But as the week went on I could have just waited till my due date too. Sometimes the hb can give you a clue as well ;)

Wanna - so good to see you over here! I've been sickly with a cold too and it really stinks. Hope you're feeling better. I'm so impressed you're waiting to find out! I have zero patience hehe.

L4 - thanks! Dinner was wonderful. We tried out a new restaurant near our apt and I had the biggest bowl of spaghetti bolognese yummm. DH can't believe how much food I can pack away these days haha!

BabyD - thank you! I went with one of the first dresses I tried on. My Mom had a lace dress so I always pictured myself in one. It made finding a dress easier. Ooh I love seeing wedding pics you should post one :)

First - my symptoms come and go too it's so weird but I think it's pretty common. Wish I knew more too. I'm already dying to see my little bean again.

Ali - oh I thought maybe it was twins at first when I saw the 2 pics! I think you're doing great and if your FS isn't concerned that is really good. I know it's hard not to worry though :hugs: When will you go back?

Michelle - well I was blond in college when I went through a little phase haha! But I'm half Italian so I definitely look better with dark hair ;). Dinner was amazing! It was so fun to celebrate. How are you feeling?

I think at this point it could go either way for me, some women see a fetal pole and heartbeat the following week, and others see nothing. We'll just have to wait and see what happens! My next US is on Wednesday at 2:30pm.

I am keeping everything crossed for you Ali; you deserve this ;)

Em - I am feeling pretty good; just getting irritated with jackasses that I work with :haha: I seem to get set off pretty easily nowadays and when you add stupidity into that, well, not a good combo ;) I am half Italian too, but I got used to highlighting my hair with a blonder color; when it grows out dark, them darn grey hairs show up :wacko:

Ali I feel like you're going to see that heartbeat next week! Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you girl!!! :hugs:

Em dinner sounds delicious! I'm not Italian, however my little town I grew up in has a large Italian population and with that many family Italian restaurants. Mmmm I LOVE Italian food!! Miss having good restaurants too cuz now there aren't so many where I live.

Thanks for the invite Em...baby is due Nov 3rd!
So thankful for this moment and happy to share with strong and wonderful ladies like you all

Great pic!

Ali and 2girls - great pictures!! Are they proudly mounted on the fridge yet??

Em - celebratory dinner sounds delish! And, as my doctor says, this is the only time in your life when you don't have to justify what you eat! Enjoy away!!!

I'm surprised I'm waiting too, but I think it will be amazing on the actual day to have such a surprise. Have been busy buying lots of grey, yellow and green!!

I have heard heart rate is a good predictor, although have recently been proven wrong. A friend of mine is 4 weeks behind me and just had her scan. She found out the gender. Was told that under 150 beats is boy and above 150 is girl. She had a heart rate of 144 and it's a girl. My fetal heart rate at 20 weeks was 139. My sister also had high heart rates and had twin boys. So who knows. Also heard it depends which side you sleep on - right means girl and left means boy. I sleep on my right. I flip flop with my intuition. This week I'm back to thinking girl (after 5 weeks of thinking boy).

L4 - my placenta is at the back, and very low, so I feel a dance party in my belly every night. I felt my first flutter at about 17 weeks and my first real kick on Mother's Day - the best gift. Can't wait to hear all about your baby kicks as he/she gets more active!!

ladies sorry I haven't been on...

Spent yesterday at the EPU- at about 11am I had the most horrible pain EVER- felt like I was loosing the baby! But oh was like its probably your cysts on your ovaries but we got it checked out... The pain was in my pelvic area, down to my vajayjay and my bum I was bent over it hurt all day!
Bloods came back okay and we had a scan this morning...

BABY IS FINE thank god! Measuring 10.3mm today

However my ovaries are HUGE- the sonographer was like "you're very interesting to scan"
Instead of my ovaries being each side of the womb- the right ovary is located above the uterus and the left ovary is located behind the uterus on the right!!!
Many cysts and fluid was there so they think my cyst popped (oh was right)! They said its probably painful because of their location and the cysts are HUGE!!!

Anyway, she said it should sort themselves out, but she said I done the right thing getting checked out :)

I hope that everyone is doing well? Sorry I haven't read back...

Oh scerena, how scary for you :( I'm so glad that baby is okay and hope that your poor ovaries recover and go back to normal soon !

Scerena: I'm sorry about your day yesterday. I had an ovarian cyst rupture about 4 years ago. My dr sent me to the chief of surgery at Mt Sinai, who was sure it was acute appendicitis, due to the location and how much pain I had, and rushed me to the emergency room.

Anyway, I understand how painful it can be and can only imagine how scary that was when you are trying to gestate one perfect little baby :baby:

AFM, this is day 2 without nausea. I was having it after every meal and had a lot on Tuesday. But yesterday and today, my bloating has gone down and my only symptom is lightheadedness.

Can the ladies who are further along or have babies tell me, honestly, whether I should be concerned? I'm 7w5d today.

Scerena - so glad everything is ok and you went to get checked out!! :hugs: I've had cysts before and they are so painful :hugs: I've read that it can take some time for the ovaries to go down once you're pregnant after a stim cycle. Hope you are resting now :hugs:

AFM, this is day 2 without nausea. I was having it after every meal and had a lot on Tuesday. But yesterday and today, my bloating has gone down and my only symptom is lightheadedness.

Can the ladies who are further along or have babies tell me, honestly, whether I should be concerned? I'm 7w5d today.

I'm not further along but I was thinking the exact same thing! I don't feel pregnant at all today. Worries me! :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->