Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

I guess I didn't update here lol. My girls were born on Friday march 14 scheduled csection.

Maddie Isabella - 6lbs 15oz (on right)
Paige Mackenzie - 6lbs 1oz (on left)

The girls are sooooo good. Breast feeding has been going very well. We are topping up with a very small amount of formula and are aiming to be exclusively breast feeding in the next week or two (depends on weight gain but we have been doing really well). The only hard time has been yesterday when they both started cluster feeding like crazy. I think I fed them for 6 hours straight as they took turns lol.

The picture won't attach ill have to come back and add the picture lol

That's great news, Blue! I cant wait to see the photo. Glad that BF is going so well!

Paige on the left
Maddie on the right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 6
Congrats Blue!!! They're so sweet!!! How is DD #1 handling things???

She is actually Doing amazing. She loves them so much. The hardest part to be honest is that our house has been a zoo at times with visitors and presents for her and people getting her all hyped up and silly. Otherwise it's been very smooth. She is very understanding of me needing to spend time feeding them and then it's her time and we do something together like painting.

She is actually Doing amazing. She loves them so much. The hardest part to be honest is that our house has been a zoo at times with visitors and presents for her and people getting her all hyped up and silly. Otherwise it's been very smooth. She is very understanding of me needing to spend time feeding them and then it's her time and we do something together like painting.

That's amazing Blue! What a relief! I'm so nervous about how it'll go with DD when these lil chickens arrive! She is over the moon excited now, but the farther along I get, and the less I can do with her, I guess I'm feeling guilty...how old is your DD again??

Turkey my dd is 2 years 7mos. She has been so so so excited too. It's worked out well because other than feeding the babies they really just sleep so then I have lots of time with dd. I also always did bedtime with her so I have continued to do bed time with her except a few nights se has gone to bed 30mins later if I had to feed the babies right then.

I bet your dd will surprise you. Mine was millions times better than I imagined and j imagined she would be ok with te bf change

Blue like i said In the other thread congrats and they are beautiful. How long did you end up making it?

I had my csection at 37weeks 6 days. Scheduled because they were both breech. They wouldn't let me go any further and I was thankful to have then out. It was do much weight to carry around.

Love your avatar photo sweetness. Do you find as they get older they look more alike or less alike. Right now people are often mixing my girls up but I think they are starting to look less alike.

Blue omg I'm so jealous. Wish i could have made it longer but I just need to remember they were big for their age and they are healthy and ahead of their adjusted age.

Thanks so much. And the older they get I think it's easy to tell them apart. However family and friends still get them confused. When they were younger everyone got them confused even DH and i if we weren't looking at their faces. But I can def tell them apart now. And boy 2 completely different personalities. Gavin laid back and chill entertains himself (left side of pic) Gunner is a fireball fussy pretty much all the time wants to be held and 0-60 in about 1 second lol. I'm hoping that gets better lol

You did amazing and they were great weights. Also my dr told me babies come when they want so there is nothing we can really do to change when they come. Your little guys were determined to come out and meet you. :)

I had a mini scare during my delivery though due to their size. There was do little room my one little girl was stuck way up under my ribs and the process of getting her out was very hard on her. Her apgar score was a 1. Basically lifeless. Luckily they were able to help her quickly and her 5min apgar was 9.

OMG blue! That is very scary! I would have freaked out.. Scary moment for mommy. I remember them pushing him out of my ribs but he came out screaming. Its great she was a 9 at 5 minutes. Are you settling in at home?

We are very well settled at home. They are such easy babies so far. My dd was a much fussier demanding baby lol.

How about you mobaby. How is Ezra?

Blue- thanks I just don't think my body was going to stretch any more. And that is crazy scary!!! I would have freaked. I was so relived to hear both crying right from the get go. And glad everything is going well!!

Mo how are you and LO doing?

The drs were amazing. They didn't tell us anything was wrong We didn't hear the second baby cry but weren't sure if she was out or not yet. Then they brought both babies wrapped up to dh while I was beig closed up. And at that point they mentioned that she had some trouble breathing and that she would need to go to the nicu for 4 hour observation. I figured minor trouble. Later they explained what happened but how fast and strong she came back.

We are trying to settle in. Everyday is different. Good nights and bad nights. I feel like my milk supply is too low although he did get 2oz from one side at the lactation consultant appt. We go back next tuesday to make sure he is gaining weight because he didnt gain any from delivery to my appt (in 6 days) and was down 5%. I feel like my breast milk is fluctuating day to day and feed to feed. I need to figure out how to increase it and for also when I go back to work in 11 more weeks. Overall doing well :)

Mo! my girls both lost 5% at the one week mark! but gained at week 2 and were over birth weight. I think that's normal.

Sweet, Blue, I agree that they really look more different as they get older. It's easier for us since one is blonde and the other a brownie. We are dealing with gas/colic right now. We switched formula and gas drops after meals is helping some. Hoping this passes quickly. 6 weeks tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->