Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

wooo-hooo!! went for beta on friday(13dpo):happydance:

my lining was 21mm and hcg was 120mIU!

very excited!! i have two more visits wit my RE then im off to see my normal obgyn! i will miss my RE though i really like him!

:cloud9:

I didn't like my RE, I loved his staff though which is who i dealt with most of the time. I really really really miss them!
Glad to see your HCG is good!

So I am getting nervous again since tomorrow is the dreaded 3 hour glucose test. I am hoping at some point tomorrow since I am already at the army hospital the head nurse gets in touch with us. I don't want the doctor we had Thursday to call with the results. I have no desire to talk to her again.
thankfully hubby is getting up early with me and taking me to the test. I just hope I am one of the 2/3rds of false positives on the one hour test. I am staying on the metformin and that should help, if not then I know its not effective and we figure out where to go from there. That's all I can do but this is scary and I hoped not to have to think about the possibility of gestational diabetes until the 28th week (yeah I have to do the test again then).

But on the positive side, I am in my 16th week today (i don't care what the doctor said, there is NO WAY I was only 14 weeks 4 days on Thursday and there is no measurement to back it up). Thursday I will hopefully find out what the baby is and then I finally get to go shopping! This week my hubby is off so it will be a good week. And after the test tomorrow, I am going and eating lots of carbs since I am getting blood drawn 4 times in 3 and a half hours and forced to fast beforehand.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Great beta result mrs Rodrigues :thumbup:

Good luck tomorrow wantanerd hope you pass the test and don't have to speak to that awful doctor again! Finding out the sex of your baby is a fab Christmas present :thumbup:

Xxx

good luck with the test today wantanerd...hopefully after today all that awful gluclose testing witll be ALL over with.

Thanks! It will at least be over with for 12 weeks! Then I get to take it again! I hope this test puts me in the clear until now!

Took test and just heard my results are NORMAL!!!!! =) Metformin works!!!! Talked the head nurse and she is going to call my RE and include their recommendations into my treatment plan which is good. It was nice to have someone who was empathetic and listen to our concerns. So hopefully this new doctor will be good and I am feeling good finally.

That's great news wandanerd!!! Yay \o/

Welcome thismumrocks! And congratulations on you bfp, how are you feeling?

How's everyone else? Busy getting ready for Christmas?

I feel like poo, got an awful cold thanks to someone in the office, usually wouldn't feel so bad as would be taking lemsip and paracetamol, I know we can take paracetamol but I don't want to chance it, I would only consider it if I was in absolute agony, ie my arm was hanging off or something lol

Anyone going to have the flu jab?

Fab news wantanerd! You must feel really happy with that!

Congratulations on your bfp thismumrocks

Mrs cp sorry you've got a cold it's rubbish isn't it? I had one the other week and it's just so annoying that we can't take anything, I did take some paracetamol but only when my headache got really bad. I'm having flu jab tomorrow, they do recommend it, pregnant women can be really ill if they get flu. You won't be able to have it until your cold has gone if you're thinking of having it. Hope you feel better soon

Oh thanks for the tip, will wait til cold has gone.

How are you feeling? When is your next scan so that you can see your babies again? How's the ms?
I'm so paranoid, sometimes I think I imagine the ms, however walked past someone who was smoking outside sainsburys yesterday and gagged, so defo still there lurking in the background!
I'm so nervous about my scan, can't believe I've got to wait so long! 5 jan seems like an age away!

I'm not feeling too bad which is really freaking me out! Don't understand how I can have two babies in there but no be throwing up! I've got nausea which I've had for weeks now, but it doesn't seem any worse :shrug: I have gone off all foods, there's nothing at all that takes my fancy even when I'm hungry. My scan is 12th January I'll be 11+6 then.

Your symptoms sound really good mrs cp how many did you have transferred?

Xx

Don't you worry about a thing, being off your food is a fantastic sign! I know what you mean, we worry so much that we just want to be chucking up to prove that all is going well, I sort of feel an imposter posing as a pregnant woman, roll on 5 jan scan day.
Also I've read that once you see the heartbeat, you have 95% chance of a full term pregnancy :). You are practically home a dry yippee! It just goes to show that most of the 1 in 4 pregnancies that end in miscarriage are before heartbeats develop.

We only had 5 eggs ( Dispite being on 300 gonal per day due to AMH) 4 fertilised, two were "poor" 2 were "fair" so not "good" or "great" so was gobsmacked to see bfp
How about you. Obviously had two put back :) how many did you have to choose from?

Hi ladies :) All of your symptoms sound promising. I have had the same type stuff...major food adversions and nausea. I have noticed though that it gets better after I take my prenatal after lunch...I don't know if this is because of something in the prenatal or more cause in the afternoon it just isn't that bad. I should experiment and try taking hte prenatal after breakfast to see if it helps.

I go in to meet my new OB today! I am 9 weeks and not sure if I will get a scan or not (FINGERS CROSSED I do though). Each day it is becomming more and more real...now I can't wait till I show a little bit :)

Thanks mrs cp, the stats are in my favour, must remember that lol. My acupuncturist made me feel a bit better today as she said that because I've been having the acupuncture for quite a few months my ms shouldn't be too bad anyway :thumbup:

I have a high fsh and lowish amh so I did the short protocol this time and got 11 eggs, 8 fertilised and we had 2 proper blasts on day 5 (these were transferred) and 2 more that were slightly behind but they didn't make it, so definitely got the best 2 on board :thumbup:

Hope your appointment goes well sunshine and it would be great to see your baby again. I've had my midwife appointment today which was a bit boring really, just a whole load of questions and that's it! Don't really know what I expected :shrug:

I'm struggling with my normal jeans at the moment so resorted to buying some maternity ones, they're a little bit big but wow so comfortable!! They feel amazing :haha:

Xxx

Hi Ladies, sounds like everyone is doing well.
Wantanerd-great news on your test :)
Nice scan pic Annie!
Mrscp-sorry sbout the cold, that is not fun, hope you feel better soon
Welcome thismomrocks! Congrats on the BFP!
Hi everyone else hope you are all good :)
We went down to the states over the weekend and I stocked up on maternity clothes! Wow when I put them on i almost cried they are so comfy!!! That belly band felt so terrible compared these jeans :) We are almost ready for Christmas, just have a few gifts left to wrap, can't wait for some time off with the family and looking forward to sleeping in!
Got an urgent call from my Dr yesterday about my liver enzymes, apparently they are still elevated so I've had to have them re-checked and need to go for an abdominal ultrasound next week to check the liver. Really hoping everything is OK. ALso had my NT scan and everything looks great so we are really happy about that.
Have a good day everyone!

no ultrasound today...my appointment was boring as well, just a lot of questions about my history :( The doc said my next one will be around 11 or 12 weeks when they check for down syndrome. Still feeling nauseous though so that keeps me optimistic :)

Harvest that is great about the maternity clothes...I am excited for my clothes to start getting tighter :)

So we went to the ultrasound and its a boy! He was sleeping and as soon as the tech woke him up, he uncurled and its a boy! The 3-d could have been better if he wasn't hiding in his placenta but just knowing what we are having made it all worth it!!!

Attachments

• Gir 16 weeks 009.jpg
    Gir 16 weeks 009.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Gir 16 weeks 030.jpg
    Gir 16 weeks 030.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 12
Congratulations!! Can't believe how baby like he looks already!! Fab Christmas present!!

Hope all you ladies have a lovely Christmas

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"