Assisted conception success - due 2018 xx

Wonderful to see updates from this group! The kids are all so cute!

Dancing-congrats again, you are so far along now! How are you feeling?

Dancing- how exciting to be trying again. Good luck!

star- I love Caleb's hair! I've got a ginger too :)

Juliet- Great to hear and update. A full house for sure but lots of love!

wish- We gate off the living/dining room as Finn's main play area and then let him wander (supervised) for part of the day. Mostly he just wants to open and close doors and pull my books off the bookshelf lol.

AFM, Finn just turned a year old on Jan 27th and he's doing great! He started walking before 11 months too and now he's running. Crazy how fast that happens. He's got a big personality. Can be the most charming kid in the world or the crankiest lol. But he's adventurous, sweet, funny, loves to laugh, loves to learn... we just love him to pieces. Here are some recent pics!

20190217_093808 (002) small.jpg 20190213_074136 (002) small.jpg 20190214_100057 (002) small.jpg

I am now 33 weeks! Started having contractions on Friday so I hope the meds will keep them at bay!

oooh dancing!! not long now!! I hope your contractions stay at bay too. They aren't BH? 34 weeks in your sights - you've got this!!

scoob - ooooh your pics of little Finn are awesome!! He looks like such a happy boy! :) Did you say you guys were going to try again or is this it? I have my annual visit in a couple of weeks and I'm asking for the Mirena, or their version of it (Lileta?) Being as I don't have many eggs ANYway, and...ehem...I'm old... it's not happening. And DH shudders at the thought. We absolutely adore our boys but adding another one would be absolute chaos and we'd be in the poor house!! :haha:

hi ladies, how is everyone?? can't believe how fast times goes. i haven't been on in awhile, as i do not use my laptop often. maybe i'll start using it more. but i am all emotional tonight. i got the email that my embryo storage is about to be due again. hubby and i both feel good about our family size... but the thought of ending my embryo storage is making me cry?!? ending the storage means they discard or go through a extensive donation process. both options make me sad and feel confused.
anyone else dealt with this or have any thoughts??

I did have one embie left when we had our boys. Two is enough for us but I was definitely sad to sign the papers to destroy it. I hated that word - 'destroy' or even 'discard'. It sounds so disrespectful and not compassionate about what that little embie meant to us, along with the 4 others we were able to create. That little one was our last hope if these two hadn't worked out. But that doesn't mean it would have worked or we should have tried b/c it's there - that would have been extending our family beyond our means and our original goals (heck, TWINS weren't expected!!). It does feel a bit like playing God, though. So yes - you can see I was very torn. I've actually never written as much down but clearly have had the thoughts. It's almost like you have to take your heart out of the equation when signing the paperwork. Do what's right for you and your family but that doesn't mean you won't mourn. Big hugs to you! :hugs:
So many different feels throughout this entire process, even when it's over!!

Hey all!

Scooby Finn and Caleb have exactly the same hair love it,Finn is gorgeous! Sounds like they’re the same with opening and shutting doors too haha

Juliet, I have 4 and have just paid for another year storage, I would love another one but sometimes I think I love our time as it is and wonder if it would be fair on Madeleine and caleb to share more time, although Madeleine keeps saying how she wants lots of babies in her house! I can’t bear the thought of destroying them or donating so I think we will be trying again
As I feel it’s the only option I am happy with, I wouldn’t want 4 more children though!

Wish and dancing, glad to hear you are all well, hope baby number 3 is making an appearance soon for you dancing. Though not too early!

E40DE068-E004-428F-9EBC-7045020C9561.jpeg

Thanks Star! I will be 36 weeks tomorrow and already 1 1/2 cm dialated. I am ready for him to be here.

wish and star, thank you for your input! i am glad i am not alone on these thoughts. wish, i like your point that there are so many feelings throughout, even when its over!
i started out with a lot of frozen, i think there are 12 left... and that is after 4 sucesses and i think one or two failures. funny how things get foggy, even the things that were so devastating at one time. sigh. still not sure what to do but we have narrowed it down to either signing for 2 more years of storage ($700) or going the discard route. oh and reason i may want to keep is if we changed our minds down the road and a FET with eggs from when i was younger would be better then current i would think, 37 yo now, and i don't want to go through the rigorous and expensive process it was to get the eggs again. logiaclly i think our family is complete. it is just so hard when there was days of tears that went into this all happening. years of painful negative pregnancy tests.
WAHHHhhhh wish it would come easier for me. but boy should i feel blessed, i have 4 children whom i adore. i think i know what to do, but my emotions get the best of me.

thanks for the support ladies.

star, sweet picture!!!!

dancing, good luck with upcoming birth!

adorable pic, star!

juliet - sounds like you're right - your brain knows what to do but that dang heart is getting in the way! it will always be there. :) I actually have age on my side too telling me not to have anymore (since I'm 43 already). There's really not much argument here to have more! :haha:

How exciting dancing, can’t wait for your announcement!

Thank you ladies, they at everything very sweet together
Juliet, I agree, I think at what any point we do this it’s going to be sad, sometimes I wished I didn’t but have anymore so it would be be out of my hands
It feels like though youre unsure so maybe pay for the storage? It’s a lot now but would be a small price to pay if you changed your mind in the future, that way ignore they’re not it’s used after 2 years you know you’ve given yourself the chance and enough time to try again if that’s what you wanted
I go from thinking 2 isn’t perfect, to feeling totally broody!

Hi everyone how are you all?
Looks like I made my decision as I’m currently in the middle of an FET and transfer is next Thursday!

That is so exciting!!! Life here is a wonderful circus!!! Soren is already 4 mths and growing fast. The twins are talking more each day!

Star good for you!! Sending you so much luck!!

As for us Quinn is 17 months already! She has such a goofy personality. She loves to make us laugh which is so adorable! She isnt talking so she starts speech therapy next month. We signed all the paperwork to start a fresh cycle in March and had almost ordered all the meds and then found out we were already shockingly pregnant! So 22 weeks already.

Dancing that’s lovely, what a lovely name too! Congratulations to you all

Dognommy, oh my goodness!! I love coming back to this thread and getting a beautiful surprise each time haha!
Congratulations that’s brilliant news

I’m sure Quinn will get there with the speech soon, Caleb only says odd words, 17 months is young still, Caleb actually calls everyone daddy haha he’s said mama a couple of times but I think he’s used to hearing Madeleine shouting daddyyyy!! When he’s home from work, he’s in and out sometimes so it can be a few tones a day, therefore everyone down to the childminder is daddy!!

WOW, dogmommy!!! Congratulations!! What a wonderful surprise!! I think the same thing, Star - I love all of the surprises on this thread. None from me - I got an IUD back in April, though I am kinda thinking of already getting it out. I don't like how my face breaks out and I put on a couple extra lbs. Though I haven't been watching what I eat all that much either so maybeeee it's my own doing! :)
And secretly, I wouldn't mind my own surprise, though that would likely send us over the edge!! I am really just so jealous of those that can have another pregnancy. And really, i'm going to be 44 in December so I should chillax on that front anyway and love where I am. <3 Which I do, don't get me wrong!!

The boys are 18 months as of last Monday!! They are walking, talking, running, climbing, making us laugh, being complete goofballs. Toddlers to a T!! Both have had tubes in their ears due to chronic ear infections, Malcolm just had to have a replacement set and his adenoids out at the beginning of July b/c he still continued with infections after his first set in Jan. So far so good, but it's summer so it's not really a good test since they are outside more and not cold.

good news ladies, tested this morning 5dp5dt and bfp!
If all continues as it should then there will be 2yrs 2months between the 3 of them lol

Wish, I’m glad the boys are better with their ears, ear infections aren’t nice, my niece had her adenoids out this year, her ears were always awful before but so far so good!

Dogmommy how are you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->