At-home Artificial Insemination - HOW TO and success stories.

I can finally post here!! And a big thank to SPOT above as followed your advice!!

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor
On the site Prideangel
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation
Just OPK's
3. What method(s) of insemination did you use
Every cycle was AI, some cycles used soft cups others syringe and sometimes both. The winning cycle was syringe only.
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
We inseminated between 1-3 times per cycle. He donated twice the cycle we got a BFP. I tried to time to it 2 days before +opk, day of +opk and the day after. I o'd early this cycle and he donated day of +opk and 48 hours later.
5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
He came to my house, we got on well. He went to the bathroom, did his stuff and left it on the bathroom windowsill. When he had gone I put it in a syringe and relaxed on the bed.
6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
YES, I didnt think it would but it did on the 8th cycle 13dpo today!!
7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
No relationship, but will give him updates up until the birth and will keep enough contact incase the child wants to meet him when he is 18.
8. Anything else you think people should know?
Just because you are timing it right don't expect it to happen straight away. Becareful with the syringe don't plunge to fast otherwise you will lose your donation. Don't rush it, get comfy with bottom up high and stay there for a good hour. good luck xxxx

Nice to see an update on this thread, hoping i will be posting soon and congratz

Hi All,

New to this thread and just thought I'd share my experience. If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone trying!

I found my donor online, through a website that matches donors, intended parents, etc.

My cycles are pretty regular, so I just used OPKs to confirm when I was ovulating.

We used the good old "turkey baster" method, which actually involved a sterile specimen cup (like the ones you use for unine tests) and a syringe.

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
We only did 1 insemination on the day of ovulation.

We used a hotel for this part. I got the room and brought all the supplies in and set up. When the donor arrived, I excused myself. He came down when he was done and I went back up to the room and inseminated.

I am happy to report that after *1* cycle, I have just gotten by BFP!

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
My donor and I signed a contract stating that he will not be directly involved in the childs life (or mine). He is willing to assist down the line, should I wish to have more children or if there are any medical problems. He has also asked that when the child is 18, that I give him/her his contact information. Lastly, he has said he would love to receive any pictures or updates I am comfortable with through the years. We both spoke at length about these terms and both feel comfortable with all of them.

I thought the whole process was going to be a little awkward at first, but meeting my donor and getting to know him a little really made things easier. By the end, it was a very comfortable, easy process.

I recently got my BFP for baby #2. Here are my updated responses

I switched donors this time because our first donor had moved away and we weren't confident that shipping would work. I found our new donor on the Known Donor Registry. He was a first time donor, but very professional, reliable, and great to work with.

I used temping, cervical mucus, ovwatch, and the Clearblue Digital OPK (20 strip pack). I was very happy with how the Clearblue Digital worked for me.

This time around we used softcups only. We had the donor produce his sample directly into the cup and I would add a little conceive plus around the rim then insert it. I would also use my fingers to try to mush it around a bit to try to ensure that the sperm was making contact with my cervix.

I've been inseminating 3-4 times per cycle (although 2 probably would have been sufficient). I inseminated 2-3 days before ovulation, the day before, and the day of (give or take).

Sometimes the donor came here and used an upstairs room then left the cup there for me to insert. Other times I went to his house and used a spare room to put the cup in and rest.

I got my BFP on my forth cycle of AI with this donor. We also had one unsuccessful cycle with a different donor maybe 12 months ago. I used soy isoflavones the last 3 cycles. My successful cycle I used 160mg cd 3-7.

Our donor is interested in possibly having some sporadic contact if it seems to be in the best interest of the child. We will keep contact very limited initially. My husband will be my child's legal father. We signed a donor contract clarifying our intentions.

Once again, using a known donor is risky. You need to get current STD results and above all else, TRUST your donor. Don't go through with this if you don't get a good vibe! Also it is a good idea to consult a lawyer, especially if you are unmarried or have a significant other who will not be legally recognized.

My fiancee and I have just begun the at home insemination process. Our donor provides us with the sperm and we go into his guest room to inseminate. This is currently our first time ever trying to conceive. We decided it was best to use the instead soft cups with our donation. We get the sperm within 20 mins put it into the soft cup and insert it around my cervix. I lay elevated for 45 mins then I go to sleep. HOWEVER when I wake up and proceed to take the soft cup out of me and get it out there is some sperm and pinkish blood in the soft cup..... is something wrong? Do I suppose to see some blood? I am really nervous and my husband and I do not know if this is normal or not. Someone PLEASE let me know if they have ever experienced this.

Hi vanschick! I think this thread is really just for success stories. Try this one, they are very helpful!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...onsidering-home-insemination-donor-sperm.html

My spouse has a hard time ejaculating from sex. I charted, used opk, took mucinex, and used pre seed. It took us about 7 cycles but we just got our BFP last week. Hoping and praying for a healthy 9 months! I was sketchy about this working but got to the point that we didn't have many other choices to try. I love reading all these success stories! Congrats

Questions:

Used my spouse

OPKS and fertility friend (bbt)

We used a needless syringe and a cup. I also used preseed. I put some preseed into the syringe as well, sucked up the sperm right away, and slowly injected it in. I laid there for about an hour...yes with the syringe still in, legs up, bum propped up. After the hour I'd slowly remove the syringe and roll over and sleep. Some of the times I orgasmed, others I didn't. And two times this cycle we inseminated in the morning, and after the hour I just got up and carried on with my day!

We did it every other day for four days, and I either ovulated on our third or fourth insemination (fertility friend says 3rd).

He's my husband! He did it right beside me in our bed! He's a paraplegic so can only ejaculate using a powerful vibrator.

Yes!! This would have been our 11th cycle of trying, our 3rd cycle of REALLY trying (temping and timing) and our 1st cycle of clomid! It was also the first cycle my DH ejaculated 4 times, every other time it was usually just twice.

He's my baby daddy.

Not particularly, because if they're anything like me telling them to have patience, your time will come, will just irritate them! Haha. But I must say, I honestly never ever ever thought it would happen for us! And here I am!

I found the donor I used on a free sperm donation site

I used temping, cervical mucus, LH surge strips

natural insemination

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing
this time did it a few times before and last donation was Monday and ovulated thursday

hotel

Yes, it worked! I got my BFP on my 10th cycle but was getting donations right times last 9months.

Our donor will have no contact just no when baby is born and healthy etc

get to know donor fully and make sure all clear of stds etc if doing natural insemination.

this was such and interesting read..this is a route we are considering so very useful information. How long on average did it take you to find your donors? x

this was such and interesting read..this is a route we are considering so very useful information. How long on average did it take you to find your donors? x

There are tons of ways. Some of us have known donors and use fresh sperm either from friends or from online donor sites. Others use frozen sperm. There is another useful link with great women full of info you should check out.....https:// https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/165424-considering-home-insemination-donor-sperm-838.html

I have met a donor who seems genuine and has donated a lot had seven pregnancies but never been tested for sti infections should I still go ahead

I have met a donor who seems genuine and has donated a lot had seven pregnancies but never been tested for sti infections should I still go ahead

:nope: a reputable donor should have no problem getting checked. If he isn't willing to, that alone is reason to run for the hills.

STIs can cause miscarriage and infertility. Please don't mess around with your health or that of your future children. Using a donor is a serious decision with life-long consequences to both you and your children. A reputable donor will take it seriously as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->