At-home Artificial Insemination - HOW TO and success stories.

Just wanted to give everyone an update and a lil bit of hope :) finished the 2nd round of inseminations on the 17th of march and am now a big fat POSITIVE!!! having a baby :) no syringe used at all...JUST instead soft cups and preseed. xoxoxoxoxox

OMG I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! i told you it would all work out!! aww yay! i'm so happy when this method works because there are still drs out there that say it wont work etc.... :happydance: :happydance:

have a healthy and happy 9 months!

Questions:
1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor? -was partner

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation.
just used opks

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use. good old sample cup and syringe. bum on pillows and big O after insemination.

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
we inseminated on the 23rd,24th,25th and 27th march 2012 got a positive opk on the 25th

5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
hes my partner

6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
dont think so got a bfn on 10dpo only have a 12 day luteal phase and deffo feel like af about to show shes due tomorrow 8th april

What method(s) did you use to track ovulation?

cervical mucus method. tried on day 15 when there was lot of stretchy mucus.

What method(s) of insemination did you use?
used a sterile container for collection of urine samples ( easily available with chemists).10 ml syringe. DH ejaculated in the container, then i immediately took the needle less syringe n sucked the semem in it. tapped it to release air bubbles. then i lied down n DH inserted the syringe n injected the semen slowly. i lied down on my side for 30 min. thats it.

How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
one time on day 15. that is probably on the day of or next day after ovulation.

Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
yes it worked. it worked the fourth time.

Anything else you think people should know?
my DH has erectile dysfunction so he would ejaculate just once a month around my ovulation n we would insert that 1 month old semen. we did this unsuccessfully for the first 3 cycles. but for the fourth cycle he ejaculated the day before we were supposed to try at home insemination,,,and then again on the day we were supposed to do it. so i think when we actually tried it on day 15,,,the semen was comparatively fresh.....
last but not the least prayers are answered....believe in God,,,he listens.

Hi, after enjoying the stories of AI success on your site we are excited to say we are pregnant!!!Gulp cant really believe it yet.

We used ovulation strips only, which enabled us to realise ovulation occured on day 19 of a 28 day cycle. Had used basal thermometer but found it inconclusive.

We used known donor AI with a 10ml syringe

Luckily because we know our donor very well (and he lives just down the road)we were able to inseminate 3 days before, 2 days before, twice on the day of and the two days following.

OH YEAH it worked. First cycle
We had him do his bit in a non spermicidal condom upstairs at his house and we inseminated on his couch.(Sounds weird but we know him pretty well) he gave us privacy for 15minutes each time. Made sure we had the big O before and after. Didnt use a cup, found them uncomfortable.

As we said, we are very fortunate to have a known donor that broached the subject to us. We had much discussion regarding all the legalities etc. Have signed a contract. Bubbs can find out donors identity at 16. But we imagine that he will play some sort of role in our childs life. Not parental or financial.

Good luck ladies. It works. Remain postive, choose your donor wisely. Hell ask your male friends, you might just be surprised by their response.
Great forum. Love it...

Just wanted to give everyone an update and a lil bit of hope :) finished the 2nd round of inseminations on the 17th of march and am now a big fat POSITIVE!!! having a baby :) no syringe used at all...JUST instead soft cups and preseed. xoxoxoxoxox

Please do let us know details of how the process was this time around. Which days did you inseminate? Did you do at night and leave soft cup in?

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor

Husband. Due to delayed ejaculation condition

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation

OPKs and CM

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use

Using the oral syringes. MH goes into a mug or cup, I suck it up after 5-10 minutes (to liquify). This cycle I decided to O before insem, and O after as well. Then I lay down for 20 minutes or so with hips raised. I noticed with the double O, there was hardly any leakage. Bonus!

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?

Since it's not donor, I am lucky whereas I can insem a lot. I'm on cycle 2. 1st cycle I wasn't using OPKs and I think we waited too long. This cycle, I started insem on CD 9 and did it 7 days in a row. Unfortunately, the last time we did was the day of my + OPK, but not after since MH got sick all week. Hoping the 7 straight days did something!

Not yet! Hopefully will know in another week to 10 days!

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?

8. Anything else you think people should know?

I'm still new to the game, all I can say is that I am so happy to have found this site! I lurked on the Bump for a while, but there seems to be no one in my situation over there except for the LGBT community, who were extremely helpful! My one recommendation is to have the double O if you can. Why not right? Good luck to everyone here!

hello,
I am new to this group, i joined to share my story and also to get support other then from my girlfriend. :)

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor

We had a friend lined up that offered to help us and at the last min he bailed on us, i dont have any guy friends so feeling hopeless i thought i would post an add online. After getting over 100 responces and finding the right guy for us we met, talked with him and felt he was right for us. He donated for a couple 10 years ago and really just wants to help another couple out.

I use the clearblue fertility monitor, and also i use the clearblue test sticks

we use the cup and syringe method

I try and do 4 days. 2 days before, the day of and the day after

our donor comes to our house, we talk for a few and then he goes to our bathroom. He does what he needs to do in there ;) when he is done he leaves the cup in the bathroom and leaves right away. my partner goes in and collects the goods in a syringe while i lay with my hips up. She then inserts it into me and i lay for 30 to 60 minutes.

i am on my 2nd month of trying the first month he was out of town when i needed him so i only tried once and it was 2 days before i ovulated so it didn't count. This month i got 4 days the time i needed him. I find out in about a week and a half if it worked! wish us luck!!!!!!!

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
my donor doesn't want any contact with the baby, we have a contract with him to protect both sides. He is a wonderful guy and has done everything we need of him. he is very respectful of us! :)

I can only say the same things other people are saying....be 100% sure about your donor!!!!!

Dear ladies,
Please:
1.can you give me a brand/name of a non spermicidal condom which did you use it?
2.Does it matter if the condom is lubricated ?
3.Is needed to be latex free?
4. If I use a cup where can I get one sterile? :wacko: If I can't find one what can I use instead?

Many questions I know:blush: but I really need your help.
Thank you all :flower::flower::flower:

i didnt use condoms but i got sterile cups from my local pharmacy (cvs, walgreens, etc.) i live in the US

thank you wishfulmom2b

Anyone who used condoms here?

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor?
We are a same sex couple whom are working with a wonderful Surrogate. We met over a year and a half ago now.

Temping, cervical mucus, LH surge strips.

The majority of cycles we used instead cups alone and deposited the sample into the cup. On some cycles we used the syringe method. We also used sperm friendly lubricant.

This varied as we live quite a distance from our surrogate. On average we did 3 – 4 insems that were timed the day before, day of and one for luck the day after. The cycle that worked we started even earlier and for the most part of the 2ww felt we had started too early. Just goes to show…

For us we stayed in hotels or self catering accom and our surrogate visited us. We would go off and do our thing and later provide the 'makings' for H. We would then leave H alone for as long as she needed to relax etc etc etc.

Yes, it worked! After 11 cycles it Worked!!!

We were the donors in this case being a gay male couple. In terms of an on-going relationship with our surrogate our child will always know how they came into this world and H can be as involved or as not involved as she would like. H has children of her own so I’m guessing we won’t be moving next door to share nappy changing duties lol!

HONESTY HONESTY HONESTY! Trust and it will happen. It’s a stressful experience for all involved. Undergoing any journey like this is hard. Keep talking and sharing your thoughts, fears and feelings. Most important of all, try and make it fun, having a laugh and a joke if you can, it helps ease the nerves!

More detail is on our blog...

congrats you guys!! good luck with everything.. i am sure it felt like a lifetime but it is SO worth it!!!! xxx

Thankyou guys - very much appreciated indeed.

Early days and anything can happen so trying to keep as grounded as possible (although looking at the sig you wouldn't think so!!!).

It did seem like at some stages it was never going to happen but I am so glad we stuck at it.

I would recommend conceive plus though, I was shocked when I read all the blurb about how good its supposed to be. It helped us anyway.

All the best ladies x x x

If you use a donor how did you find the donor?
The donor was my partners mothers friend.

What methods did you use to track ovulation?
CM and ovulation calendar app,

What method of insemination did you use?
10 mL seringe and sterile cups that were included in a AI kit
We got online.
Second month we used pre seed.

How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was timing relative to ovulation?
The first time we did the day before ovulation, the day of and the day after,
The second month we did 3 days before the day of and 2 days after.

Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
He would come to our house leave his sample in the cup in the bathroom.

Did it work? If so how many cycle did it take?
It took two cycles.

If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or
Intend to have) with your donor?
We intend to keep things completely anonymous,

Anything else you think people should know?
I think you should know that it's possible! I remember when we
First decided to have a baby and reading these way before we even
Had a donor and every time I read one I felt so encouraged. And now
I'm writing one as my family is starting. I wish you all so much luck on
Your journey and if it doesn't happen as soon as you'd like don't get discouraged.
The fact that your even trying will get you closer <3

Just dropping in. Cycle 2 was a bust but we're trying again now. Upping my green tea intake and having much better timing, with NO flu lol. Hoping the super moon brings me luck.

if you use a donor how did you find the donor?
The donor was my partners mothers friend.

What methods did you use to track ovulation?
Cm and ovulation calendar app,

what method of insemination did you use?
10 ml seringe and sterile cups that were included in a ai kit
we got online.
Second month we used pre seed.

How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was timing relative to ovulation?
The first time we did the day before ovulation, the day of and the day after,
the second month we did 3 days before the day of and 2 days after.

Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
He would come to our house leave his sample in the cup in the bathroom.

Did it work? If so how many cycle did it take?
It took two cycles.

If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or
intend to have) with your donor?
We intend to keep things completely anonymous,

anything else you think people should know?
I think you should know that it's possible! I remember when we
first decided to have a baby and reading these way before we even
had a donor and every time i read one i felt so encouraged. And now
i'm writing one as my family is starting. I wish you all so much luck on
your journey and if it doesn't happen as soon as you'd like don't get discouraged.
The fact that your even trying will get you closer <3

congrats!!!

i am 26 yrs old, i was previously in a straight relationship and had fallen pregnant twice naturally, i am now in a gay relationship and we are trying home insemination. So far i am finding it very hard to work out my ovulation dates, i am not getting much help from my doctors in this area. we have been using ovulation sticks and are doing it as and when this tests positive, it is a lot of trouble and stress. This is our 2nd cycle and still no success, we are using a 10inch syringe and a sterile pot, after insemination i hoist my hips up for 1/2 hour. This is the only information i have had so far, and im open to any information or advice. How long does the sperm stay alive once in the pot? i am fairly new to all this and im looking for a bit of hope :) xx

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor?
Found him on a new zealand spern donation website, start emailing him

I used WONFO strips and clearblue smileys. the WONDFOs didn't show anything all cycle, though around when i got my smiley they went darker but nowhere near as dark as control line.

10cc syringe, sterile urine sample cups, preseed and a fertility cup
It was all a bit touch and worried a lot about leackage. tried to lie back and relax.

four times, mon tues weds and again today thurs. i got a smiley on sunday afternoon but strongly doubted it was correct, i wasn't mean to start OPKS till the following day and it was the first digi i had tried. still at 6 am we insem, on tues like expected got another OPK smiley (trust that one more but who knows) and the wondfos got 'close pos' though not pos. so still not exactly sure WHEN ov was! but we covered bases.

THe first time was early in the morn at my place, he came in, i went out for a casual stroll (anxiously hovered at the top of the drive!) while he did this thing. he would txt me and i would come back and do it.

this is my first cycle and scared we insem too late because of the 'suspicious smiley' lol but i'm in tww.

quite separate, contact ends with prenancy. My hubby had testicular cancer so we needed donor and he respects our want to have the kid 'to ourselves' but we are still working things out (he doesnt seem to want any contact but once 18 is another discussion)

the donors are SO nervous!! Our poor guy admitted it to me and said it was really nerve wracking. They are people too! Thank them loads, make them feel comfortable and not just a 'sperm machine' a bit of casual conversation goes a long way or even very limited contact. just remember how stressful it is for them and keep that in mind!!

dear all,
i am new to this thread but facing same issue like many of you. my DH has ED so was trying for insem by syring. it feels as if everything oozes out immediately though i had put pillow below my hip still it was BFN. we tried it on CD11 & CD 13 th.
am i forgetting something or am i doing it wrong? anyone pls guide..

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"