At-home Artificial Insemination - HOW TO and success stories.

Nimyra

Mom of two and one angel
Reaction score
We get a lot of questions about how to do at-home artificial insemination with donor sperm. I'm going to list some common questions and I invite everyone with some experience on this topic to answer with information on what they did and how well it worked.

Please keep your replies to the format:

Questions:
1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation
3. What method(s) of insemination did you use
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
8. Anything else you think people should know?

My responses:

I found the donor I used on a free sperm donation yahoo group. I had to weed through some sketchy replies but found a great donor.

I used temping, cervical mucus, LH surge strips (didn't work so well for me) and the ovwatch.

I bought a cervical cap and stem kit (several actually). I also tried using a 5ml and 10ml syringe (oral medicine syringe) alone, but didn't like doing it that way because I had trouble getting the syringe close enough to my cervix. The kit was a bit pricey, but I didn't mind. I also used soft cups (put the sperm in the softcup and inserted the softcup). I tried egg whites one cycle on a couple of the inseminations but I don't know if they made a difference.

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
I inseminated 3 times per cycle (although 2 probably would have been sufficient). I inseminated 2-3 days before ovulation, the day before, and the day of (give or take)

The first time the donor came to my house, prepared a sample in an upstairs room (in a clean specimen cup), left the sample with me and then after he left I inseminated (roughly 15 minutes later). Subsequent inseminations occurred at a friend's house, but the same basic set-up.

Yes, it worked! I got my BFP on my second cycle of AI with donor sperm.

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
Our donor is willing to be contacted by my daughter when she is 18, but otherwise we don't have much contact. We've agreed to keep one another current on our contact information. We signed a donor contract clarifying our intentions.

Using a known donor is risky. You need to get current STD results and above all else, TRUST your donor. Don't go through with this if you don't get a good vibe! There are serious risks to doing AI with fresh donor sperm.

My responses:

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donori found my donor through the website https://www.free-sperm-donations.com/
you pay a joining fee and a monthly maintanence fee, but i found my donor with in the first month. they have pre approved donor profiles or a message board where you can post requests - got lots of replys but had to wade through to find the good. i went with a pre approaved one

I used temping, cervical mucus,cervical position, LH surge strips and a cbfm when ttc no 1

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use?
both times i used a 10 ml syringe, pre seed and soft cups, i inserted the sperm then the soft cup rather than put the sperm in the cup then insert

both times i got preg i inseminated 3 times, ov-2, ov-1, and ov

i went to the donors house each time, i was careful to give details of where i was going the first time and a friend text me while i was there to make sure i was ok. we had a routine of i would text him when i was 5 mins away so when i got there the sample would be waiting and i would go up strairs and inseminate while he made a cuppa. lol

ttc no1 took 3 cycles, ttc no2 took 5 cycles (same donor)

when i initially found my donor he was willing to have what ever contact i wanted and i was just going to send the odd photo, but since getting to know him we get on really well and i consider him a good friend. so i now take callum to see him regularly (once a month) to see him and will contine this when no2 arrives. he has no perental responsibility though and leaves me to all the perental decisions. he has bought callum presents for his birthday and christmas and has even bought us a double buggy bless him. we all refer to him as daddy too. but im a single gal so no other partner to upset by this.

you should only pay expences never for the sperm, and dont let any donor tell you, you have better chances with NI. you dont its the same!

Posted an ad on a classifieds website, out of over 200 replies, only about 5 were genuine. Turned out only about 2 of those 5 were 'actually' genuine. We were let down by alot of guys, right up until 5 minutes before they were due to arrive, so make sure you trust them 100%

OPKs, saliva monitor, temping/charting, cervical mucus. (also evening primrose oil to increase cervical mucus)

5ml syringe and real eggwhites. Tho didn't use any eggwites this time!

It varied because we tried for so long, sometimes just the day before ovulation, sometimes the 2 days before and the day of. This pregnancy was 2 days before ovulation, the day before my positive OPK,

Again it varies. The first time we met the donor in a hotel, didn't find it logistically easy at all, it was awkward and uncomfortable. We then had one donor come to our house, make his 'deposit' in the bathrrom and then he went home, I did the insemination 10 minutes later. With our current donor we sometimes went to his house and did it there then drove home, one time he was working 10 minutes from our house and brought the sample with him and handed it ove the garden gate and I got pregnant, but with this pregnancy he just came to our house, then stood chatting for 10 minutes after, and it still worked lol.

It worked on my 4th cycle, then again on 7th, 9th, 11th, 15th and this is my 19th cycle and I'm currently 4w2d. I had early miscarriages with the other pregnancies, but it's nothing to do with the way the inseminations were done, as it I've been pregnant by 3 different donors, it's me who has the problem, we just don't know what yet.

He's going to see the baby twice a year, and can send Christmas/birthday presents. He's signing a cotract to say he won't apply for custody etc, but we trust him 100%.

Don't stress too much about the 'amount' you get from your donor. I only had 0.5ml one time and got pregnant, and sometimes had up to 5ml and it didn't work! Also, make sure you get to know your donor beforehand, as some can 'seem' nice on the phone and over the internet, but are creeps in real life. If you don't feel comfortable at any point, back out of it. And make sure you get a current STI comfirmation, don't just take their word for it!

Questions:

I used a donor. He was an acquaintance. He is working on his Ph. D. in the same program from which I earned mine. We live in the same city in Ohio but we actually met and got to talking at a conference in CA. He said that this was something he always thought he would like to do for a lesbian woman or couple. We have since become more like friends and usually try to have lunch or dinner about once a month.

OPKs, tracking cervical mucus, saliva microscope

We used a syringe and sometimes we used a catheter attached to the end of the syringe to get right up to my cervix but not through it. When we used the catheter we also used a speculum to help locate the cervix. I usually had my hips elevated on a pillow covered with a towel (and tissues nearby to wipe away any leakage). I usually stayed laying down for an hour or so or just went to bed if the insemination was at night. We used Preseed the cycle I got pregnant-both inserted prior to insemination and on the speculum when we used one. I liked using Instead softcups after insemination to minimize leakage. I usually kept them in for about 6-8 hours or overnight depending on when we did the insemination.

I generally inseminated 2-3 times per cycle and usually the day of a positive OPK, the day after, and the next day.

The cycle that I got pregnant I inseminated myself about one hour after +OPK (got a +OPK about 9pm and inseminated about 10pm) and then the next afternoon, about 16 hours after +OPK (around 1:30pm) my partner did the insemination. I think that I ovulated around 5:30pm that day.

I usually called or texted my donor when I had a positive OPK and then he would text me when he had the goods and I would drive over to his house and pick them up and take them home. When I picked up the first donation for the cycle my donor and I talked about arrangements for the next day and then would proceed with the texting and pickup as described. My partner and I did the inseminations at home.

Yes! I am almost 22 weeks pregnant! I did two at home cycles with no luck. Then I did a clomid + IUI cycle and got pregnant but miscarried. Did a second Clomid + IUI cycle and got pregnant again, but miscarried again. I took a couple months off from trying and I planned to do another Clomid + IUI cycle in July, but just for shits and giggles, at the last minute, I casually decided to do another at-home cycle in June. My attitude was well it can't hurt and I was planning IUI the next month anyway, so I was just relaxed about it and BINGO! It worked! So really, I got pregnant with my third at home insemination.

November 2009-home insemination
December 2009-home insemination
January 2010-IUI (pregnant but miscarried)
March 2010-IUI (pregnant but miscarried)
June 2010-home insemination-almost 22 wks pregnant

We have dinner about once a month and keep in touch via text. He is welcome to play the role of "uncle" when the baby arrives but he will most likely be moving back to the west coast so that may not happen. He will not be financially nor legally responsible and will not be involved in parenting decisions. He has agreed to be available for contact and medical information.

The first two home insemination cycles I had the big O before inseminations. The cycle that I got pregnant, I O'd after both inseminations. I put in an Instead cup after I inseminated so that I wouldn't lose any during my big O. Both times I brought myself to O as I was concerned that if I had partner sex that I'd risk losing more of the goods.

Good luck! I will say this-I was living in a stressful environment (with my ex) and I moved at the end of May 2010. I was much less stressed and had a carefree attitude about trying at home in June 2010. I got pregnant about four weeks after I moved. I can't help but think that stress played a role in my previous attempts and miscarriages. I was undecided about even trying the month that I got pregnant. It was very last minute. I did an OPK for the heck of it and it was positive...and my womanly urges got the best of me and I called up my donor. Best decision I ever made!

I can only answer a few of your questions....

fresh sperm
syringed in within 5 mins then legs up in air for 15mins
4 times- days 8, 10, 12, 14
conceived on 2nd cycle both times

Good luck!:flower:

Questions:

First, we went thru a lesbian-owned sperm bank in San Francisco. I regret that whole experience. It cost ALOT of money to use frozen sperm. Plus, that particular sperm bank only had tanks that would stay frozen for 5 - 7 days. It was hard to order in advance & predict when we would need it to be shipped. They wanted you to order by the first day or two of your period. It took two days to ship, so that had to figure in to the 5-7 days of staying frozen. They recommended two attempts each cycle... the day after a +OPK & again 12 hours later. We bought frozen sperm from them our first two cycles. On the second cycle... the tank lost it's "freeze" on day 5 & both vials of sperm started to defrost!!!!!! We inseminated both, at the same time, before they completely defrosted -- before we got a +OPK! Needless to say we did not get pregnant. Those two attempts (2 months/2 vials each month) cost us nearly $3,000.00. We saved up money over the next several months & tried again (another $1,500.00)... and also did not achieve pregnacy. I had some bloodwork done & found my insulin level was (is?) high. The fertility doc prescribed metformin & said that if i took the medication and lost weight i would be more fertile. I did not like the side-effects of the metformin (nausea/diarrhea) & stopped taking it after a month or so.

We then found a much more affordable sperm bank in NYC. (Not sure if i can list names of places here -- so PM me for specific information.) My very butch... and very sweet... OH has agreed to now try to get pregnant... since my insulin level was making TTC more difficult! (So unexpected & thoughtful of her!!) :hugs: We tried once from this new clinic... and their tanks stay frozen for 10 - 12 days!!! So it was much easier to get the timing right! But OH did not get pregnant on her 1st attempt. Oh, and it cost about $500 for those two vials & shipping... so...... much cheaper!

We have now started using fresh sperm from donors we met on https://www.free-sperm-donations.com/ These are guys willing to donate for free. We are just paying for the hotel... & gas if the donor requests.

OPKs & CM

Frozen sperm: They supplied the dispenser

Fresh sperm: 10ml syringe (aka medicine dispenser)

Legs in the air -- butt propped up on pillows!

Frozen: 2 attempts/per cycle - day after +OPK & again 12 hours later

Fresh: 1 attempt/per cycle -- Think we are still struggling to get the timing right! Each insem during "fertile window" & lots of EWCM. It's a bit challenging bc we need to schedule the meeting in advance (ie. reserve the hotel, arrange with the donor, miss a day of work, etc) due to the distance.

We are meeting him at a hotel half-way between where he lives & where we live. About a 2 hour drive each way. We meet in the lobby. He goes in the room, produces the sample... and leaves it in the room in a specimen cup... then meets us back in the lobby. We are never alone with him.

Not yet! On to cycle # 7! (4 with frozen... 2 so far with fresh... next attempt coming soon!)

No previous relationship. Met thru the website. Spoke thru email for several weeks. Verified his info online to ensure he was who he said he was before meeting.

Signed a contract stating no parental rights after baby is born. Also, viewed copies of recent STD/HIV health screenings.

We will be more than happy to provide periodic updates & pictures for the donor in the future.

We have two donors, one as back-up in case one isn't available. This has already been the case... so glad we found two we like, trust, & feel comfortable with.

I have seen this method be successful quite a few times now -- it def works! Just please be careful & safe before meeting anyone. Make sure they are legitimate & genuine.

Good luck & lots of baby dust! :dust:

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor - For our first child our donor was a close friend, this time we found a donor by putting an ad on Vivistreet (Just google it). All sorts of weirdo's will reply, you just really have to go through them all and find one that suits you. Our current donor is a lovely man, married with two children.

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation - To be honest, this time I haven't really used a method, I have just worked out the average length of my cycles and checked cervical position and mucous. I spent 2 months before we ttc using OPK's and never got a positive, even though I know I am ovulating because I got pregnant last month (ended in a M/C)

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use - Our donor does 'it' into a cup and then we leave it ten - fifteen minutes to liquify. Then it is sucked up into a syringe and OH/I insert it.

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)? - Normally two days in a row 14 days before my period is due. Last month CD15&16. This month CD14 as I O'd a day early.

5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur? - Donor came to our house and donation was made in our bathroom.

6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take? - With Tegan it took just one, this time I got pregnant 1st cycle and had a m/c. We did our second insem 3 days ago.

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor? No relationship - donor doesn't want contact.

8. Anything else you think people should know? MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR DONOR IS CLEAR OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES. That cannot be said strongly enough, using a donor is dangerous if you aren't extremely careful. Make sure you know your donor well and your intentions are clear on both parts.

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor.we found our donor on Tadpole Forum and we were liasing with him for several months before we tried and we found him extremley professional and put us at ease with the whole situation.
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation.we used the basal thermometer for approx 6 months then our donor suggested the clear blue fertility monitor; we used this for 2 months.
3. What method(s) of insemination did you usewe used a syringe to inseminate after orgasm and another orgasm after inseminating.
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?we inseminated twice in the cycle, 2 days before and 2 day before ovulation.
5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?we met our donor near his location on a campsite in our campervan to discuss things and to do the 1st insemination.
he went to the toilet to supply his donation in a specimen bottle and handed it to us to do our part of the 'baby making' lol
it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!
1st cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we will contact at important stages of the pregnancy and inform him when he is born and send a picture every birthday and let him know of our location for future recipient purposes and he will then donate again to me (my partner is pregnant this time) so we have as close a sibling as possible in a gay relationship.
8. Anything else you think people should know?RELAX!!!!
our first time was very nerve racking and things didnt go well with the insemination process but the 2nd time we relaxed abit more and things went so well.
dont take a test til the day your period is due! we rested 2 days previous and got a false negative.
have plenty to hand as if you are pregnant you will want to 'make sure' !

regards
Stacey and Kim.
x

When we first started trying, our donor was a good friend who was going to have an uncle-type role. However he got into a new relationship a few months after we started trying and things got rather complicated. In the end we decided we had to look elsewhere. We found our next donor through a gay parenting forum that doesn't exist any more. We placed an ad, got 8 replies of which 2 seemed genuine, met them both and had a very clear front runner. He's been wonderful, stuck to his word throughout and remained reliable even though it took several years of trying. He then came back and donated to us again for a sibling. We couldn't have asked for more.

When we were trying with my partner, OPKs and mucus. OPKs don't work with me so when we switched to me we were just relying on CM and the fact that I can usually feel when ovulation is on its way.

Sample in a clean pot, sucked up into a syringe (5 or 10ml depending on what we had in at the time) and inserted by partner whilst bum raised on pillow. We usually did it in the evening so I'd just stay in bed for the night to give it plenty of time to swim up. We didn't use any cups at any point.

It varied. We'd usually aim to do it on the day before and the day of ovulation and mostly we achieved this. It took 18 cycles in total before we got pregnant the first time and that's what we did that time. This time we inseminated early because our donor was going overseas so it was 3-4 days before ovulation and just the once. We still got pregnant.

With one exception when we used my parents house the donor came to our home, had a cuppa and a chat and then went up to the guest room to make his donation. He'd leave straight away afterwards which is when we'd get the sample from the guest room, suck it into a syringe and inseminate.

Yes, three times. The first time was the 11th cycle we tried with my partner but it resulted in a miscarriage. The second time was the 6th time we tried with me which was our 18th overall and this resulted in our daughter. This time it was only the second cycle we tried for a sibling, and the first once I was actually ovulating.

We negotiated a contract that meant that he'd have no rights or responsibilities but that we could arrange to meet occasionally as our child(ren) grew up if they ever had any questions about their biological heritage or wanted to meet him. As it happens, this has evolved to us arranging to meet up for lunch once a year. It's a level of commitment we are happy with and for us it means that our children will never have any sense of mystery about him because he will be familiar, albeit distantly. We've taken a photo of him with our daughter every year we've met for her records and we'll continue that when our second child arrives. We also agreed to stay in contact by email in between and we email back and forth about three or four times a year. He uses this method with the other people he's donated to and it means he keeps us up to date with how the other children are doing, any new births and any medical issues that arise with any of the others.

It can take time. There are so many stories out there from people who get pregnant on their 1st, 2nd, 3rd month of trying. It was so disheartening for us when this didn't happen and it felt as though it never would. It took years and several very low points but we kept plugging away at it and we got there in the end. Using a known donor was the only way we were able to do this - we'd have run out of money very quickly if we'd been using a clinic.

I know this thread is almost a month old but I was googling soft cups and at-home insemination, and this forum popped up. I enjoyed reading the replies and wanted to add mine to it :)

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor? My partner and I are using a donor. He is a very good long-term friend that has his own family, and when we started talking about donors a year ago, he volunteered his services. We've known him for almost 14 years and he's possibly the only person I'd trust with being a known donor.
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation We're using a BBT chart and OPK strips
3. What method(s) of insemination did you use We're having our donor ejaculate into the soft cup and then within a few minutes, my partner inserts the soft cup. Pretty straight-forward. We tried the first time with a syringe and no cup, and it was messy and awful. We've used the soft cups for 3/4 attempts.
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)? We try to inseminate a few days before the positive opk [we just did insem #1 of this cycle at cd15; my partner usually gets a pos opk around cd18 or 19]. We're trying to do another pre-ovulation insem in the next day or two, and then we insem the day OF the positive when possible and DEFINITELY the day after getting the pos opk. So we inseminate usually 2-3 times, at least.
5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur? Our donor lives 2 hours away, so it's on us to drive to his town, to his house. He's moving even farther away in a month or two so it will be worse then lol...As of now, we go to his house and hang out and chat for 10 minutes or so, then he goes and does his business. We inseminate in his bathroom, then chat a bit and leave. The whole thing may take 45 minutes with only 10 of those minutes roughly being for actual insemination purposes. It's very comfortable since he's a good friend. Sometimes we all go grab some dinner afterwards, and it isn't weird at all.
6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take? It hasn't worked for us yet. We tried once in February and then took a long break for personal reasons, then started again in October. This month is our 3rd attempt in a row. I'm hoping it happens soon because my partner will be switching jobs next year and we'll have to take a break in March or so if it doesn't work in the next few months. I love hearing about people that get BFPs the first 5 cycles or so...I hope it happens for us too, but we'll see.
7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor? Our donor has always been and always will be a close friend to us, so he will inevitably know our child, but he will fulfill the role of an 'uncle' - he's clear that he has no parental rights, no custody, and we will not ask for financial support. He has 3 kids of his own, and we've talked at length about the emotional difference between sperm donation and actually conceiving a child on his own. We are all on the same page, and that's one of the reasons we call him our 'dream donor' :)
8. Anything else you think people should know? I don't have much advice, except that EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER will want to ask questions and more than that they will want to tell you how to do a better job at ttc as if you aren't spending all your spare time reading and researching methods and statistics and stuff. Just shrug it off but be prepared to. We met a new acquaintance through a friend at a party a few weeks back, and she happened to be a doula. Within an hour of meeting my partner and I, she was giving us completely uninformed advice on how to inseminate my partner. RUDE!! To everyone ttc - Educate yourself and then trust in your knowledge. Only take advice from doctors! Not to stereotype, but a lot of heterosexual couples we meet think they naturally know more about conception than we do because they are straight. It's like they don't even realize they're being pretentious. Shrug. It. Off.

We inseminate in his bathroom, then chat a bit and leave. The whole thing may take 45 minutes with only 10 of those minutes roughly being for actual insemination purposes. It's very comfortable since he's a good friend. Sometimes we all go grab some dinner afterwards, and it isn't weird at all.

I was just thinking, if you're inseminating in his bathroom, I'm assuming you aren't lying down while doing it, or for 30 minutes afterwards? It's usually a good idea to do it lying down,so gravity can help abit!! Cus of you're up and about straight away afterwards, it'll all be sitting in the softcup, as opposed to up near your cervix! Just a sugestion!! :)

i never laid down and got my bfp twice now, the soft cup holds it around your cervix so your actually best sat so the cervic dips right into it rather than laying down.

We inseminate in his bathroom, then chat a bit and leave. The whole thing may take 45 minutes with only 10 of those minutes roughly being for actual insemination purposes. It's very comfortable since he's a good friend. Sometimes we all go grab some dinner afterwards, and it isn't weird at all.

I was just thinking, if you're inseminating in his bathroom, I'm assuming you aren't lying down while doing it, or for 30 minutes afterwards? It's usually a good idea to do it lying down,so gravity can help abit!! Cus of you're up and about straight away afterwards, it'll all be sitting in the softcup, as opposed to up near your cervix! Just a sugestion!! :)

Well, we just don't have much of an option for lying down. We are travelling a few hours across the state to do it, and getting a hotel every month wouldn't be affordable and I can't really ask to borrow his bed lol. But after a few attempts, my partner did lie down in the backseat with hips elevated on part of the drive home...We just do what we can and use a trial-and-error approach. And like the previous commenter said - the cup keeps the sperm against her cervix so lying down isn't too too too necessary. I agree it might not hurt, just isn't in the cards for us as the situation is at the moment. Thanks though for the input!!

i never laid down and got my bfp twice now, the soft cup holds it around your cervix so your actually best sat so the cervic dips right into it rather than laying down.

How many cycles did it take you to get your bfps?

Did you put the sperm directly in the cup?

You could totally ask to use his bed :rofl: I guess if she softcup holds it right up close then its ok, I cud never get it to work for me, it kept coming half out and hurting me! I did get a bfp with it still tho,lol

Thanks everyone for posting so far! I'm sure the responses will be very helpful to people just getting started. My intention is still to have this thread be only posts following the format (what you did etc), and to keep advice and support to the other thread. :flower: Thanks!!!

Hey ladies, i hope you dont mind me joining here :)

Questions:
We are using my DFs :spermy: this cycle and next cycle but the cycle after that (And how ever many cycles it takes me to get preg) we are using a donor we found on https://forums.tadpoletown.com Its a free forum

I am using the Clearblue Fertility monitor, Boots fertility monitor, OPKs and Clearblue digital smily face tests (Got my peak today :happydance:)

We are using a specimen jar and syringe and trying to insert the sperm into my cervix

This cycle we Inseminated on CD13 CD15 CD16 (Today) And planning doing it tomorrow aswell. (We also BDed a few times aswell)

Online and we have only spoke via email. but he has agreed to do our donations at our home.

We will soon find out :)

Our donor will have no contact apart from to tell him when i have deliverd the baby and/or if we want another baby from him which he has said he will do in the future

Urmmmm Well we are a straight couple, we have been TTC for three years (Almost) DF has low sperm motility (Lazy sperm).

I think thats it. x

I should preface this by saying I was/am a surrogate. My second IP's (intended parents) decided to use donor sperm for a few reasons. So it was in a sense a planned adoption.

Questions:

My IP's chose a donor from a bank in WA, one of the few banks in the US that would ship the sperm to my home vs. a clinic.

I've been charting for years (CM, CP and temp). I also used OPK's.

Syringe with Instead Cup, along with orgasm following insemination.

Well, our paperwork got to the bank very last minute, so they shipped the sperm out in the tank a mere day before my ovulation. I got it the day ovulation was to happen, so I used BOTH vials that day. I did one around 12pm and the next around 5pm. If we had had time, I would have done the day before and day of, since the sperm needs to be waiting in the tubes when a woman ovulates (better than doing the insem when the egg has already emerged!).

See above. For my second journey, we used a bank. For the first journey, my IP's chose to use IF's sperm (intended father's). So he stayed at a hotel near my home, did his thing in the hotel room, then wrapped the syringe in a wash cloth, tucked it under his arm to keep it warm and drove it to my house.

First journey with the IF staying in the hotel, it took on our third cycle. The second journey when we used donor sperm from a bank, it took on the first cycle.

N/A since I am a surrogate.

Not at this time. :)

We started looking around our friends, acquaintances etc first. We thought we found our perfect donor (our friend) but that turned out to be a little disaster. his OH didnt agree and we were without a donor. Then we got a tip from LunaBean (Lizzy) to put up an ad on a gay community website and we got loadsss of offers. We finally met some and picked out perfect donor!

All I ever use are those little test strips for ovulation surge.

Haven't used anything yet, but we will be using a seringe and a cup lolol

We are going to try to do it before and after the surge.

We are going to have to drive 178 km to Dublin, stay in a hotel for 2 nights and meet the donor at night time were he will be given a cup and appointed a (bath)room.

January will be our first try! sooo excited!

Non-existent. the donor wishes to stay completely anonymous.

I feel it is really important to stay positive and to make a deal with your own body, try to mentally prepare. I always had a terribly unregular cycle, since we started TTC my cycle is perfectly on track and I feel ready as ever

Good luck to everyone!!!

LOTS OF LOVE !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->