At-home Artificial Insemination - HOW TO and success stories.

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor
Our donor went to high school with both my gf and I. I have been looking for hime for a few years, just to catch up, and just when I gave up, I found his brother online, who gave me his #. We texted for a month or so, and he offered out of the blue.
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation
OPK, although I never got an actual pos.
3. What method(s) of insemination did you use
Went to www.totalconception.com and ordered some parts from the kit. Syringe, catheter, spec, and collection condom. Once I was "jacked up" as my gf so lovingly put it, she placed the syringe in the mucus at the os, and sloooowly injected. Then I put in an Instead cup for the remainder of the night. (Oh, and there was some lovemaking, you know, to make it official.)
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
I insemmed two days before, the day of and the day after. Worked first cycle, praise God!!
5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
He lives 3 hours from us, so he took a greyhound and spent the weekend at our house. I gave him a collection condom and some preseed, and he brought his deposit to my bedroom door when he was done.
6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
Oh yes! First try!!
7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
Baby belongs to me and my gf, although it will know who daddy is, and he has offered financial support, moral support, anything we need.
8. Anything else you think people should know?
Don't stress too hard, and try to relax. I can't stress enough how helpful it was to find the company that sells at home insem kits! Made it much easier!

He is my husband. We had thought about using this method for the days when we were way too exhausted to dtd. When he started having ED issues this month. We thought we would give this a try.
OPK
An oral syringe
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
Well we didn't even think about doing this until the day before yesterday. We got the supplies and did it yesterday. Cd 13- the day of a pos opk and we will be doing it tonight as well.
We did it in our bedroom. Since it was our first time I had him to leave his sample in the bedroom and then I did the insemination myself. I think I did everything correctly.
Hope so. Will find out in a couple weeks!
7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
He will be the baby's daddy!
It was actually a very confortable procedure. I was so nervous, but it was actually not awkward at all.

Used DHs sperm. We were having issues with 'delivering the goods' as it were, so decided to give this a try

CBFM only this cycle although along the way have used OPKs and temping

Used a 10 ml syringe and conceive plus. Inserted it myself, had orgasm and kept hips on pillow for 30 mins.

This cycle we did every other day starting CD11, 13, 15 and 17 and ovulation was on day 16.

Yes!! Baby number 5 is now cooking! It took 3 cycles

And can I say a massive thank you to all you ladies for all the really helpful advice. I can't thank you enough for helping us finally get our BFP after 11 month.

I found him through the internet.

I know my cycles very well and know that I ovulate on day 13 of my cycle, so I went by that. I have never used OPKs or thermometers or fertility trackers

I used a 10ml syringe inserted into my vagina at the base of my cervix. I then masturbated and achieved orgasm and left my hips raised on 3 pillows for half an hour, then I wore a sanitary liner for 5 hours before "cleaning" the area

I inseminated once on my first cycle and was successful. I inseminated on day 12, the day before ovulation

We met first through email and I interviewed him and asked for references as well. We met in person at the train station and the insemination took place at my house

It did work. It took on the first cycle and my little girl is set to arrive in April

We still keep in contact through text message from time to time, and I send him updates and ultrasound pictures. He is willing to meet my daughter if it is something my daughter would like. This probably will not happen though, as my estranged husband and I may be getting back together soon and he plans to raise her as his

Donation is a blessing. Please do not think it's disgusting or wrong. Every baby is a blessing no matter how he or she is conceived.

I think I will try the diva cup this time. Maybe we'll have some luck. Been trying for 6 months now. :shrug:

It's been interesting reading everyone's methods. I hope I get to post here soon... We're going to do our first donor cycle in February if all goes as planned.

I've done alot more reading and have descided to use the instead cup and egg whites. I'm gonna leave them in 12 hours and take out 12 hours for the days I'm fertile. :dust: for us all.

we will bot find out together then cotton lilly sending lots of babydust to you xxx

I hear alot of girls talking about using the instead/diva cups. I think I would lose all my donation trying to put that in! We're planning on using the syringe - still undecided about the catheter tho. I think I can get the syringe close enough to the cervix without it and probably wouldn't waste as much semen left in the catheter.

I worried about spilling, too, but if you keep a good grip on the Instead, it will not spill and it doesn't need to be tilted or anything - you just have to refrain from dropping it, haha. Also, you might consider using it after the syringe just to hold everything in place.

I know this hasn't had any activity on it for a while, but since this was what originally brought me to the forum, I thought I'd put my info up.

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor?
My donor is a very dear friend of mine. I haven't known him long - just since this October - but he's a very sweet, kind, and honest man. He's still too young to consider having kids himself but is both excited and willing to help my partner and I achieve this dream.

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation?
OPK - the cheap dollar store kind. I never really got a very sure positive, but I've had wonky cycles my whole life, which makes predicting the actual ovulation date really hard.

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use?
Donor makes a deposit into a sterile cup, partner inserts sperm into my vagina using a syringe. 30+ minutes of staying in a propped up position.

We inseminated two days, one day, the day of, and the day after what I thought was my date of ovulation.

The donor lives with partner & I in a roommate type situation, so he's always "on call" to make deposits (lol). When I got the indication that I might be ovulating, he went into the bathroom, made a deposit into a sterile glass container, and handed it off to my partner who was waiting in our bedroom. Less than five minutes from ejaculation to insemination. I orgasmed and stayed propped up for 30+ minutes every time.

6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?Not yet, unfortunately. I've only tried once.

He will always remain in our lives but we have very clear expectations on what his role will be. This baby will be my partners and mine, not mine and his. He's very comfortable with that. I imagine we'll be close for the rest of our lives, though. He signed a donor release form and I signed a form as well, relieving him of all financial and parental responsibility to any resulting offspring.

I'm still new to this, but I'm learning to keep an open mind and try to gather as much info as you can.

already knew him

counting days, watching for cm, and opks

cup to syringe

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to
ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
inseminated once on CD 17, 3 days before O (used trigger night before I Od), was planning on round #2 the day of O/night after trigger but donor was unavailable. so DH made his own "specimens" the old fashioned way b/w the donor and day of O

already knew donor. picked up donation at his house and took home to use. i inserted it with syringe myself.

we just found out today we're pregnant. it worked our first cycle.

he's totally anonymous and uninvolved.

the best of donors can let you down. if you're investing lots in fertility drugs, travel, etc, have a plan B. also, we're in a sorta awkward position that we're ecstatic we're pregnant and pretty much know the donor is the bio father, but there's a minute chance it's actually DH. we anticipated this but weren't fully prepared for the what ifs of it!

My wife and I have been TTC since Janruary of last year. We started off with IUI and frozen donor sperm at our doctor. After a few unsuccessful attempts and thousands of dollars later, we decided to look for other options. A friend suggested he be our donor. We discussed the details in detal and he agreed!! We then began TTC from home with steral cup to syrange method. We have been doing this since October 2010. Still no luck. I track ovulation by CM, BBT, and O testing. We inseminate two days before, the day of and two days after (just to cover all our bases). My doctors tell me that I am plenty fertal but am on Clomid to ensure I ovulate. We also know our donor is fertal because he has a child aready and one on the way. We just again tried two weeks ago and are waiting out that terrible two week wait or the appearence (or lack of) Aunt Flo. Wish us luck

Hi guys I would recommend a fertility monitor to track high and peak days.
Our son was born on 15th march so now looking for lgbt families in north west.
good luck

Great news, ladies! Today, after over a year of trying, we finally got the :bfp: I can't believe it! It has been a long journey to get to this point, but I am exstatic we are finally here. baby dust to all!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->