At-home Artificial Insemination - HOW TO and success stories.

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor
My boyfriend has poor motility well his sperm does so we thought we would try doing this. We are going to try for 6 months then look into getting a donor. I have two daughters (from previous relationship) and would love to be able to share the joy of being a parent with him.

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation
the ovulation strips, cervical mucus

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use
I used a syringe speculum and container

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
We did a trial run on day 10.... then did day 13 14 and today is day 15.... got my possitive OPK today

5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
Its so romantic he does his bit into the cup while I get comfy and ready for cervical inspection. We then insert the speculum and he has a good check of my cervix with a torch takes a picture to show me and then slowly inserts the seman near the neck of my cervix. I then make sure I have an orgasm and stay with my hips raised for 30-45 mins...

6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
I hope so its our first try. Fingers crossed...

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
He is my boyfriend and will be the Daddy

8. Anything else you think people should know?
not really

BIG BIG thanks to everyone for sharing their stories on here it has given me hope. I will let my partner have a read later and hopefully he will see we CAN do this!!!!!!!

Sorry also going to be trying today is what I meant to put...... So their should be a nice welcome party for my egg xxx

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum and in urgent need of help! For various reasons my husband and I are ttc by home insemination using his sperm. We are currently waiting to try for the fourth attempt. I have recently had a visit to the doc and mentioned to this to her who told me it was a waste of time and was never going to work due to the sperm not being in the right environment and its not how it "should" be done :growlmad:! Since then I have felt really deflated and not sure what to do next.

The more I think about her comments the more I really disagree with her comments as I have done so much research into this method and can not see why there isn't chance this method could not work.

Can anyone help me informing me does it work??? Our previous attempts have been using the sperm immediately and inserting with a syringe, legs in the air for half hour then going straight to bed. Can anyone give me anymore tips as I have completely no patience for this and each month the dissappointment and upset is building.

Any help anyone can offer us would be great

Thanks

Thorntons

tell your doctor they need to do there research. i have 2 sons thanks to this method.

you have as much chance of concieving via AI as NI as long as its done right.

relax hun and good luck

THORNTONS, welcome to the thread :wave:

First, I think you need a new doctor, like quickly. Now, if the doc knows something about your "various" reasons which is why they think it will never work, that is something different, but there are waaaay to many of us here and out there for that information to be legit.

Next, read this thread from page ONE and get alllll the information the two of you will need ASAP! Get started charting, temping, etc! There are other threads which you can find on here, specifically related to Lesbians that have and are TTC that can be rather helpful as well. They are linked in my journal if you would like the easy road to them. GL, :dust: and let's get you a :bfp: soon!!

<---- 2DPO

Well done ladies, this is so inspriring that I hope it works for me & my boyfriend! :flower::thumbup:

We will be trying our first attempt at IUI at the hospital (have to pay) later in August but I want to back it up by trying at home with an Instead cup & syringe.

Pray it works as I'm getting older 37 & we've been ttc for over 3 years!!

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum and in urgent need of help! For various reasons my husband and I are ttc by home insemination using his sperm. We are currently waiting to try for the fourth attempt. I have recently had a visit to the doc and mentioned to this to her who told me it was a waste of time and was never going to work due to the sperm not being in the right environment and its not how it "should" be done :growlmad:! Since then I have felt really deflated and not sure what to do next.

The more I think about her comments the more I really disagree with her comments as I have done so much research into this method and can not see why there isn't chance this method could not work.

Can anyone help me informing me does it work??? Our previous attempts have been using the sperm immediately and inserting with a syringe, legs in the air for half hour then going straight to bed. Can anyone give me anymore tips as I have completely no patience for this and each month the dissappointment and upset is building.

Any help anyone can offer us would be great

Thanks

Thorntons

Wow, what an idiot of a doctor you have!! If there are no apparent medical/fertility problems that you are aware of, then I would say you have as good a chance conceiving this way vs the way it is 'supposed to be done!'

I have conceived all 3 times this way (and each time within 3 months of ttc!)

I was in same position as you.

OH would do it, I would insert within 5 mins, legs and bum up on pillow for 15mins. We would do it last thing at night so that was me laying flat for the whole night too!

I used opks/temps too to pinpoint best times to focus on, rather than having to do it the whole month!:flower:

Welcome LEXUS :wave: I hope this proves successful for you! FXD :dust:

Hi me and my OH are doing home insemination too as sorry for tmi but i get sore very quickly and my OH takes a long time to finish the job so it was going to be too difficult to get busy enough!! We tried 3 inseminations last month but BFN. This month i *think* i either ovulated yest or am ovulating soon so we inseminated yest morning and we are doing it again tonight, tomorrow night and the next night then i think we will try and do it every other night until AF (hopefully doesnt arrive!!). Fingers crossed it works. Is there any pointers for how to do it? So far we are just inserting straight away then im making sure i have an orgasm myself (have heard it can help by making the cervix dip into the sperm?) then im either lying in bed with hips raised for about half an hour (if done in the day) or going to sleep.

PIGLETS, welcome :wave:

YES!! The way that you "heard" is the way to go! This is they key, and as long as you timed that OV correctly (do you temp, charting, etc?) then you just may be popping in here in about 2 weeks to give us the news!! Welcome to the TWW Hun! :dust:

There are some more threads on AI on my journal if you wanna check there too for more reassurance than me.... FXD!!

Thank you!! I dont temp or use OPK as i have a tendancy to get a little obsessed lol!!! Last month i poas sooooo many times :blush: i had loads of ICs and now ive only got 4 left...oooops!! So yeah think it would get expensive using OPKs because i get the urge to POAS a lot :wacko: FX for us all eh?!! I really hope i can come here in two weeks with a BFP and lets hope i start the ball rolling for us all!!! Lots of :dust: to everyone.

So pleased to hear that this thread is alive and well with sucess stories! Me and my husband are inseminating using his sperm.
I had a AF last month but that was my first one after coming off the pill and my WB.
This month ive had a +ive OPK so big fingers crossed for my BFP. 2WW now.

I will let you know if it works. Thanks for all of the stories, this has been a big help. Its hard when you feel alone because when you are in a M/F relationship you can't talk to anyone about it.

Good luck to everyone :dust:

Hi me and my OH are doing home insemination too as sorry for tmi but i get sore very quickly and my OH takes a long time to finish the job so it was going to be too difficult to get busy enough!! We tried 3 inseminations last month but BFN. This month i *think* i either ovulated yest or am ovulating soon so we inseminated yest morning and we are doing it again tonight, tomorrow night and the next night then i think we will try and do it every other night until AF (hopefully doesnt arrive!!). Fingers crossed it works. Is there any pointers for how to do it? So far we are just inserting straight away then im making sure i have an orgasm myself (have heard it can help by making the cervix dip into the sperm?) then im either lying in bed with hips raised for about half an hour (if done in the day) or going to sleep.

Yes, that is exactly how it works and the way we done it too.

Timing is everything.

I also used opks to predict ovulation and temps to confirm ovulation had happened.

Good luck!:flower:

Its really nice to be able to talk to others using this method, i cant help but feel a bit different because we arent using the "usual" way but we feel it does take the pressure off (and i dont have to walk about funny because of the pain!!!) im feeling very hopeful this month. If i dont get it this month i will try OPKs just for one month because i will want to check that i am actually ovulating since coming off the injection (and before that i had the implant). I really do think i have ovulated this month and last month though because ive had symptoms- the same symptoms that made me think i was preg last month. Ive had what i think is Ovulation pain the last two days and i had a few tiny spots of blood and EWCM so its all looking good. FXd for all of us :happydance:

Good luck Piglets.:thumbup:

I'm waiting to ov later next week & then will take the same route as you. I tried explaining to my oh that even though we are doing our 1st round of IUI at the hospital & paying for the privillege, we have to take the bull by the horns & help ourselves as well! He 'seems' to understand, I would love it to work 1st time round as we don't have much savings to fund hospital IUI.

I have a few questions to ask if you or anyone else can help:

Do you have to orgasm after, as I don't always?!
What size syringe is best to use?
Has anyone using preseed before the syringe?
Anyone used a catheter to get into the cervix, or is this a no-no?

Thanks ladies & lots of :dust:. x

:hugs:

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor?
Long time friend.

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation?
OPK, Temperature (I used fertility monitor and cheap OPK)

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use?
Donor inseminated into sterile cup and I inseminated using a 10ml syringe, made sure I had the big "O", laid in bed for 30 minutes, did the leg up thing and even a head stand. Lol!

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)? Two times on the day of LH surge and morning after as well.

5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur? Long time friend.

6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
2nd time of doing it. First cycle did not work. I only did one insemination and it was a little too late. I am currently in the tww and will hopefully know by Thursday.

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor? Donor will have a very close relationship with the child and be a father to the child. It is important that the child know their father and the donor wants to be a dad too. Our child will have 2 dads and we are all looking forward to loving the child!

From what ive read using a catheter into the cervix is def a big no no i think its because it would need to be "washed" before being used so it doesnt introduce an infection. I dont know if your supposed to orgasm before or after i wouldve thought after would be more beneficial because its all up there waiting for the cervix to dip into it when you orgasm. I think it can still work with orgasm but i can see why it would help and.....well why not lol!!! Gotta have some fun too eh?!! For me i feel it takes some of the slightly clinical feeling away aswell IYKWIM? I mean its not all about baby making then we are actually allowed to have fun making babies. Good luck for you too, im really going for it this month!! Think i ovulated already but just incase i didnt yet im attempting to do it at least every other day for the next two weeks or until i get a BFP!!!

Welcome new ladies :wave:
I am hopeful for you ladies today... things sound and are looking good. I think that there can be some bfps coming in here soon... GL and :dust:

I am 13DPO today! We are doing ok not testing, but my wife is getting anxious and she almost has me convinced... but I am holding tight. My temperature is remaining high, however I have seen this before in our 2 yrs of trying so it isn't enough. After the MC I know things could be different so, we wait. We hope to get a bfp soon, but more importantly, before our daughter is 10! :dust: to the thread.

Good luck and well done for holding off on the testing...im terrible!! Im really going to try and not test at 9DPO which is what i did last month and got an evap (my first) i got so excited until it dissapeared then i got a little obsessed and POAS about 5x a day lol!!! Id like to wait until theres the biggest fattest sexiest BFP ever seen :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->