At-home Artificial Insemination - HOW TO and success stories.

Great news, ladies! Today, after over a year of trying, we finally got the :bfp: I can't believe it! It has been a long journey to get to this point, but I am exstatic we are finally here. baby dust to all!! :dust:

Awesome news! Congrats!

Hi there, how are you all?? We are a highly successful lesbian couple (I am a nurse and my partner is a doctor) and we have been dreaming of starting a family for the past 2 years.

After a long search my partner and I have found our perfect donor (Caucasian, 100% healthy, excellent facial bone structure and physique, blue eyes, intelligent, extraverted, works in film and television) who will be providing us with a parernity obligations-free sperm donation for IUI.

I will be taking 100 mg clomid CD3 - CD7 as advised by our obstetrician as I am prone to anovulatory cycles (but not PCOS) and took my first dose today! I am hoping for a safe and healthy pregnancy , but I do have my fingers and toes crossed for twins as they run in my family. I will post progress reports on side effects such as headaches or ovulation pains.

It would be such a wonderful experience to bring a child into the world and we definitely feel prepared for this next life stage. The only thing lacking from our life is our own family.

We wish you all the best of luck! We would love some to hear success stories and any tips.

Take care. xx
:hugs:

Welcome & congrats on finding a good donor ! :thumbup:
lots of luck to you and yours !

I think this thread is meant only for how to and success stories though ?
try this thread: https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...onsidering-home-insemination-donor-sperm.html

That's right, Dodge. While I'm thrilled to hear you are all doing so well - if you can keep posts to the format (where, when, how, success!) on the first post, that would be most helpful to people who are coming here for a concise idea of how to do this. Thanks!!!

response:

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your doner
my donor was a friend who i msgd on fb, as i was so desperate after my other friend had no sperm lol

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation
didnt track ovulation

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use
wel used sterilised unopened syringes, and these wee white cups with lids bought both from ebay

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
roughly 5 days after period finished donor would come once every 3 days til a few days before i was due on

5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
he came to our house, did his business either in bathroom or bedroom brought it down to us and left as soon as, we would sit and chat have coffee and stuff before he went up

6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
YES i fell pregnant on the third cycle, it was also the first month of using the 3day method as before we used the 2 day method and were adviced to do 3 and hey ho :)

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
the donor has signed a contract abolishing all paternal rights, but as hes a good friend he will still see any children we produce, and after their 18 they can find out who he is, i have a very good relationship with him hes been my friend for over 10 years
8. Anything else you think people should know?
dont let it get too clinical it may feel like ur in your own house, but the first month me and my partner were avoiding sex round sperming times, and then the two week wait!! argh u drive urself crazy and i had no symptoms third cycle and i was pregnant but by that point me and my partner just never spoke bout symptoms or anything lol was just easier not to and time went by faster too lol

Ok here is my story ...

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor
Doing it using DH sperm (At-home insemination due to hernia, have to ttc while waiting for surgery)
Used OPKs before, charting this cycle as well as OPKs, observing CM etc
Got a small plastic cup for sperm, 10ml syringe. DH gives a sample, I leave it for 10 mins or so to "thin out" and then use syringe to suck it up. I'd then put syringe as close to cervix as possible and bring myself to an orgasm then slowly inject sperm inside right after big O, would stay with syringe for a moment ... all that while my bum is up in the air, propped on cushions ... would stay 20-30 mins and then go to sleep. This cycle I am going to use softcups as well.
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
It's hard to say in my case because I haven't had an AF since Juny 2010 so I'd just do insemination 2-3 times a week.
DH does "donation" usually in the evening, right before we'd go to bed, then I inject.
Haven't worked yet but I am hopeful! Only tried for 3-4 cycles.
7. Anything else you think people should know?
I guess charting helps to predict Ov (and see a pattern if any), I say use anything you can get your hands on (i.e. softcups, OPKs, fertility monitors etc) to maximize chances.

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor?
We are using a friend that we've known for a few years from work. This cycle is our first try!

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation?
I use OPK, checking CM and I am fortunate enough to have cramps and spotting when I ovulate so it's easy to tell

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use?
Our donor uses a sterile specimen cup and we use a 10mL oral syringe. I orgasm after insemination and lay with my hips elevated for 30+ minutes

This is our first cycle and so far we've tried twice. I am ovulating today and we tried 5 days ago, yesterday and are trying again today

I set a tentative time with the donor and go to his house for pick-up (he lives really close to work). He lets me know when it's ready and we do a hand off. I go home, which takes about 30 minutes and then we are inseminating about 40 minutes from pick-up

We should know in about 2 weeks!

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
He is a friend of ours and will have a godfather/uncle role in the child's life. My wife and I will be the child's parents

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor?
We used donor sperm (you can have sent to your house for fee and doctor note) but our bean is from DIY.
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation?
We used sticks and themometer.

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use?
We have used a sterile cup that the donor "donated" in. However, this time (and last 2) we used the "donation" by placing into the Instead Cup! Elevate the hips each time for at least 30 mins, get the "O" through stimulation, then remove cup between 6-12 hours later.

We have inseminated no more than 2 times a cycle. Day of and day after the highest surge. This particular time, only one "donation."

We picked a donor online from a cryo-bank, we have also used a known donor. (Mentioned in 1st question)

We have been trying for over a year, so not all cycles worked. BUT... we have a confirmed pregnancy now (READ MY JOURNAL) so this one did. It is probably cycle 14-16. (If I took a guess)

We have an anonymous donor and a known donor specimen, it is not revealed which is the lucky one due to my cycle. We have all agreed to stay anonymous as just as our daughter believes we are Mom and Mommy, we want Little D to know the same until they are older. We have all medical history so we will continue as is.

Well, I got AF this past Monday :( We try again in a couple of weeks. I am hopeful.

I'm back with good news. At home insemination really works, so try it with confidence!!!
Thanks God I'm 4 weeks pregnant.
My responses:

Our donor is my hunsband's co worker.

I used temping and cervical mucus check.

I used a 8 ml syringe (oral syringe) and a sterile container where the donor left the sperm. My husband did the insemination to me and then legs in the air for 30 minutes.

I inseminated 2 times per cycle. First cycle didn't work because of me. I did the insemination considering only the numeracy of ovulation without checking my temp or my cervical mucus. On the 2nd cycle i did 2 insemination again. At the beginning we wanted to do 3 insemination but when the day of the 3rd insemination came, our donor called and told us that he can't come but thanks God it worked even so with 2 insemination per cycle and although I was very stressed. So i did the insemination 1-2 days before ovulation (I checked my cervical mucus and it was "eggwhite"-watery and stretched between my fingers), that day i called my donor. The secons insemination I did it 2 days after the first.

As I mentioned above, our donor is my husband's co worker. The donation occured in our bathroom while we went outside for "a walk", just he feel confortable.

Yes it worked on second cycle.

The donor doesn't want to have any kind of relationship with the baby. He will see him/her on webcam and in the pictures but only that, he told us so.

At home artificial insemination is possible and in my opinion works even better than others kind of insemination because the sperm is very fresh and this is very important to get a pregnancy. And besides that the method isn't that expensive that other methods.
So you have to RELAX, find a donor (believe me, if you really want you will find your donor, even at the beginning is embarrassing but it worth!) and the most important: you have to have much faith in God because without Him nothing is possible.He is the One who gives life!!!Good luck and beautiful and healthy children to all!

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor: My donors were all close friends of mine.. men I have known from 10 mos up to 5 years. We used 3 donors, interchangeably, because we didn't want to know exactly who the bio dad is, but still have the benefits of having a known donor.
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation: OPKs, cervical position, BBT charting.
3. What method(s) of insemination did you use: We used a combo of methods.. one, where the donor would deposit into a sterile collection cup, my OH would suck it up with a syringe, and then insert it into my vagina. Then I'd insert the softcup. A few times, because of logistics, we had the donor deposit directly into the softcup, and I inserted it myself. Both methods, if possible, I would lay down for 30 mins, legs on the wall, and "O."
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)? The first time, we did it every other day until my temp spike, so I knew OV had occurred. This cycle, we did it the entire week I predicted I would be fertile based on my cervix position.. so from CD19 to CD27 or so. I used a different donor each night, rotating donors. I still don't know what day I OV'd on, except I feel like it was probably prior to CD26.
5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur? 5/8 times, the donor came here, did the deed in the bathroom, handed the sample off to my OH, who did the rest. 3 times we had to go to the donor's house, they did it directly into the softcup, and I inserted while lying on their bed.
6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take? Yes!! BFP! 2 cycles since my cycles evened out.
7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor? They are all my great friends, but they signed donor release forms. They'll have the role of uncle/family friend, but nothing more.
8. Anything else you think people should know? It's important to trust your donor, just like everyone else says. Also, it's a lot easier if you just relax!!

I just read the Great news here UNAPOLO!!! AWESOME!!!! Congrats! :happydance: Soooo Suuuuper happy for you two! :hugs:

ooooooooooooooooooh congratulations apolo - I love reading this thread because sometimes bfn's can be so disheartening and i wonder if we're doing things "right" but it seems we are. Am half way through 2ww. Will keep trawling this thread to keep spirits up!! :O)

a free donor site.

the ovulation strips.

I used a syringe and a sterile container

i did it the day after a positive ovulation test

meet at his place. he collected in the bathroom. I inseminated on his couch and stayed there for 30-40 mins.

Yes on the 1st try

no relationship. and we have a signed contract

not really lol

On the first time!! Lucky!! :hugs:

Congrats! H&H 9 months, mama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"