At work and sick....

LotusFlwr

Reaction score
Gosh, I'm sitting here at my desk and trying not to :sick:

I'm 6 weeks and this past week the nausea has gotten worse. I woke up this morning around 5am and laid there with waves of nausea. I got up to wash my face and couldn't hold it back. There was nothing in my stomach, but those dry heaves were not fun! :nope:

I felt instantly better, had a cup of chai and some crackers.

But right now (it's 3:30pm here) again, waves of nausea. I haven't told anyone at work yet but if I puke there's no way to hide it.

I've tried eating something, drank ginger ale and still....

I ordered a bioband, hopefully it will come soon. The sooner the better! Hope it works. :(

i've got this too! it's horrible, i'm currently getting nausea ALL day, i've got the bands, ginger biscuits and dry crackers i've stopped drinking tea, coffee and anything fizzy but it still comes on strong!!
if anyone know's a miracle cure i'd be more than happy to give it a go!!!

hope you get some joy withthe bands when the turn up!

I hope you feel better. I have also had the dry heaves and they are NOT fun!!! I am just starting to get past this, but still have days where I feel worse than others. :hugs:

aw you poor thing :( I never had proper morning sickness but had quite a few dry heaves, especially at work! (the kitchen at work always sets me off, for some reason, especially the bin!). My friend recommended some really cold water with ice cubes and loads of lemon juice squeezed into it and just sip on that - she swore by it. I know that's not the easiest thing to drink at work but you could try it at home. I found diluting lemon squash was really good.

I feel your pain love. I am still really suffering with nausea and threw up 3 times yesterday at work. It's soooo not fun, but I do think mine peaked around 6-7 weeks and although its still pretty unbearable, I am at least able to eat and drink a bit more now... so hopefully you're hitting your peak?

I've said it about 1000 times on this forum but please, please, please try and drink as much water as you can stomach, because i was put in hospital on a drip overnight for dehydration & starvation because i couldnt keep ANYTHING down including water... and that was probably the worse night of my life!

its awful isnt it :( im exaclty the same... i just want the 12 week mark to hurry up and get here so that hopefully im not sick anymore x

I was like that too. I have a temp xmas job with a chance of being kept on, but I knew they wouldnt want me if they found out im expecting so I was scared incase I was sick while at work....thankfully, even though I had sickness for a month.... Ive been ok, I just drank alot of water. I hope it passes soon for you x x x

I'm just starting to feel the nausea, and I'm not looking forward to it getting worse! But for some it's an indicator that their hormones are still raging, so I suppose there's one positive aspect of it :)

i found fizzy water helped a bit with the nausea, usually i can't stand the taste of it.
xx

Oh my god, those dry heaves :( I had those for the first time yesterday and ouch they hurt!

I have bought some cream crackers and some rich tea biccies to try and help me with the nausea - sometimes they help sometimes they dont!
xx

I found that chewy fruit sweets were quite helpful (Starbursts if you're in the UK). The effect doesn't last for long but they helped me... Also, I ate really late last night (at about 11.30pm) and I didn't feel as bad this morning. Still there but not as bad as it has been - reckon it's because my stomach was fuller than it normally is at that time (I normally eat at about 8-8.30pm before going straight to bed!). So eat last thing at night (not necessarily dinner, but just a snack) - that'll help you to get up and have a decent breakfast, which will help you hopefully not feel so bad at lunch so you can eat then etc etc... xx

Thanks for the support. I just want to tell you ladies that I think you all are wonderful. :hugs:It's so great to have this lovely community!!!

This morning was a little better for me. I read that eating before you even get up will help, so I kept some salty crackers near the bed and munched on those before even getting out of bed.

I had to stop taking my prenatal and fish oil in the morning because I couldn't stop gagging when I tried. The nausea isn't so bad after I eat dinner.

Although it's hard to make it through the day without :sick:, I just tell myself that it means things are going okay and I'm still pregnant! I think I'll worry if it stops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->