****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

hi girls, just wondered if everyone was offered the NT scan?

I'm going for my blood test for downs in a week and a half, but was never asked about or offered the NT scan. Unless they did it at my 12wk scan and just didn't mention it? Strange.

Thinking about you and crossing my fingers Khegidio. As you say, the chances are you will be in the clear - keep that in your mind x

Morning Blossom, you're up bright and early.

They did our T at the 12 week scan, here it is done as standard, then straight off for bloods and then you get them back at 16 weeks.

Just give them a quick call, cant do any harm x

I'm going for my blood test for downs in a week and a half, but was never asked about or offered the NT scan. Unless they did it at my 12wk scan and just didn't mention it? Strange.

Thinking about you and crossing my fingers Khegidio. As you say, the chances are you will be in the clear - keep that in your mind x

not every hospital has the technology to do the NT scan, if they don't you can opt to have it done privately!
r
x

Hello ladies and welcome to the new ladies!

Hope your all well today!

Today is my Friday so will be painting my house tomorrow and getting it ready for the tenants to move in on the 1st.

MrsP I don't know why you would be anymore at a risk with the new baby as every pregnancy is different. Good luck to both you and Guppy!

I dont know hon just they say of you have had one baby with heart problems then the chances are even higher for further pregnancies. Probably as well cos eleanor had more than one thing and the BP thing, its just in the genes, but heyho!

Hi,

My due date had changed to 26th Aug from 19th Aug, I've another week to wait:dohh:

Also, my brother was born with fallots tetralogy (a congenital heart defect).
He had the worse case the consultant had ever seen and they operated on him at 14 months and he was one of the first people in the world to have the surgery he had and his heart was only the size of a walnut!
They told my mum and dad to celebrate every birthday he managed to reach and not really expect him to live a long life. On the 10th March he is going to be 21, we're planning a massive party, he is doing great, has had to have no follow up surgery like they expected and looks 'normal' the only thing is that he gets out of breath abit easier than other people. I have a sister aswell and we have absolutely no heart problems! Technology had advanced so much since he was born and they are finding new cures everyday.

I don't really know why I am telling you this, I guess just so you know that no matter how bad a situation is there can be a good outcome, there's no point worrying about something that might not happen (if only we could do that!!)

I wish you all well xx

Ha ha... I'm just to lazy to get straight of bed Mrs P! I sit with my iphone until I've woken up enough to get ready for work - used to go in early, but not since baby has been sapping my energy.

Think I've missed the window for NT now anyway as I'm just passed 14 weeks. I don't get my bloods done until 16 weeks. It would have been reassuring to have, but I guess it's not conclusive anyway.

Hi girls, quick question. I've got my 16wk mw appointment next tues and was just wondering what kind of things happen? Just she check bubs or is it just a general chat like the booking appointment was?

Hope everyone is good today, another week nearly done, another week closer! xxx

Butterfly - will update front page. Thanks for sharing your story. Its not worry hon its the unknown as the situation is out of my control. But like you say always a good outcome. Eleanor was 4 months when she had her open heart surgery and what makes you thankful is being able to bring your baby home as lots dont get to.

21 eh, thats amazing! Love prooving these docs wrong x

haha blossom love it!!!

Philly - I had mine yesterday they, did urine sample, took BP, listen to LO's hb and did a quick measurement and discussed blood results. Sure you'll be fine hon x

Good luck khegidio and starbucket - can't offer any words of wisdom as did not have the nuchal scan but wanted to wish you well :hugs: as you say hun focus on the positive - 98% is a lot!

flutter - hope you are feeling a bit better? :hugs:

blossom - my pct doesn't offer nuchal scan, just had 16 week bloods, but they would have referred me to a nearby pct if we had wanted it :thumbup:

philly - just had my appointment last week - they take the triple test bloods if you want them doing, some midwives will try to listen for heartbeat, and she did blood pressure/weight too.

Lastly - welcome to the new ladies! :hugs:

It is only 2pm on a Friday and I am ready for bed already :haha:

Who will be watching Eastenders this evening or is everyone not quite as sad as me?

Thanks for the support everyone. I will keep you all posted. Leaving work for my genetic counseling appointment in a few minutes so I will hopefully learn more about the amnio test scheduled for next friday.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hy hon,

I'm about, but havent had much chance to get on, Eleanor is really poorly. Has had a temp of 38.2-39.4 but managing to control it. Think its just a virus.

How is everyone, many plans for the weekend.

My borther is here today building me a cupboard and then my dad is coming over later to join us for dinner. That and just looking after princess x

I'm here!! But still being plagued by headaches and sickness so not coming online as much.

Hope E is ok Mrs P xx

I am here to!

Flutter I am not a fan of xander neither is hubby but thanks for the idea and I agree those two names do sound similar. we're still absolutely no where on the name situation.

I should be studying now so will get to it. So very very behind.

Oh and DH and I are getting an estimate to have hard wood floors installed before baby comes! Yippee!

Heya, how is everyone?

Time is going so quickly and I am getting more and more excitied by the day :)

Hi :wave:
I wasn't offered a NT scan either :nope:
Im pretty sure that some doctors in the States do them, but for the most part, i think its not very common (unless they do them at the 12 week scan and just dont say anything :shrug:). With my OB i just had to get a scan done between 8-12 weeks. I had mine at 8 weeks, so there is no way they did a NT scan :nope:. Anyways, does your doc do the "Quad" screening? Its just a blood test (on the mother) ran at 16 weeks that looks for risk of DownS, etc. (which is basically what the NT looks for too). So that could be why, if they didn't actually do a NT scan.

:cry::cry:I have been in bed all day.My headaches have turned into overwhelming migranes.Add to that dizzy spells and nose bleeds.I am feeling really crap :cry:

OH has been amazing and done everything and even looked after 6 kids as my lot had their friends over.He went to Tescos and they had all their valentines stuff reduced so he got me a heart shaped mug which had choccys,a whisk and hot choc in.He got me a mag and some yummy cookies and told me to stay put.I've ventured downstairs for a bit but will be back off to bed in a bit.

Mrs P I hope Smell picks up soon.My 2 have lost their voices and are under the weather :hugs:

How are we all?Hugs to all xx :kiss: :hugs:

Hellooooo I am here! I have been suffering today with this bloomin Sickness again! I have decided to just keep eating and I know more than half of what I eat will be seen again! (sorry TMI)
Babay is wriggling a lot more now and I can even pick up the odd Tap and kick on the Doppler too onw which I LOVE!!!!

hugs all of ya x

booo to sickness.Yay to movement!!!!!!!

booo to sickness.Yay to movement!!!!!!!

lol, thanks hunny x I am TOTALLY in love with feelin him/her move! I am lookin forward now to seeing my belly bouncing and feeling strong kicks from the outside now!!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->