****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Hello all! My scan put me at 20th Aug, so I guess I should change to that if possible?

Thank you!

second tri depends what web site your on lol some 12 weeks some 13plus3 some 14 weeks your welcome hunny so post if you like loads of people pop back and 4th from the different tri's lol
please help me
i'm not feeling great today head ache from kids lol i feel really tired i can't seem to shake it this week i havn't really been tired at all until this week, i think i may have a water infection my kidneys are killing and i feel raw down stairs tmi sorry but i doesn't hurt when i wee is this normal i have got docs tues for 16 week bloods so i'll hand my pee over then and see maybe just coming down with something and thats why i seem ill:shrug:

i went to slimming world last night and i've lost 4 and half lb not sure how had pizza last week maybe due to me coming down with something i don't know mw will be happy though is it wise to take anything for kidneys or should istick to water will paracetamol help :shrug:

on a brighter note have any of you ladies seen the blankets in asda with tigger in blue and aristocats in pink i love them both and as i don't know what i'm having i got both i figure someone will have a baby opposite sex to me as my bros are both trying and my sis is almost due .... how naughty is that lol :hugs: to everyone i hope your all having a great day

Hi everyone, and congratulations! I have just had my first scan. My expected due date has been changed from the 3rd of September to the 30th of August. Please add me to your list!!

Love x x

I take it as when the ticker moves up so pretty sakura you're fine you'll move up tomorrow. If you divide 40 into three you get roughly 13+3 then 26+6 then 40+2 or something like that so it's pretty close.

Evening mummies,

Will do updates tonight just quickly popping on to check on you all.

Welcome new mummies & bumps :hi:

Pretty - Certainly not too early, over you come x

Kelly - Could I have a clue please as to what sort of names that you both go for so I can put my thinking cap on.

Holywoodmum - How are you feeling today.

Flutter - Brilliant news on the weight loss :dance: but hope you feel better.

Just I've been for medical today and to get 16 week blood results which were fine. and they said they were going to test for GD since my BP was so high at the end with Eleanor and up so much throughout the labour. Plkus today I had protein in my urine.

So got home, done some reading and tippy tapping as you do and I stumbled across something....

There is an increased risk that your baby will be born with congenital problems, such as a heart defect.

Makes you wonder if I had it last time and it wasn't picked up on, cos I also read that you dont always have syptoms.

Could just be coinsidence I gave birth to a broken baby, but I cant help but wonder.

Also have been having a lot of dizzy spells this pregnancy.

Just I've been for medical today and they said they were going to test for GD since my BP was so high at the end with Eleanor and up so much throughout the labour.

So got home, done some reading and tippy tapping as you do and I stumbled across something....

There is an increased risk that your baby will be born with congenital problems, such as a heart defect.

Makes you wonder if I had it last time and it wasn't picked up on, cos I also read that you dont always have syptoms.

Could just be coinsidence I gave birth to a broken baby, but I cant help but wonder.

Also have been having a lot of dizzy spells this pregnancy.

Hello ladies!
Mrs.P, are you going to get a fetal echo done? They usually do them between weeks 22-24. I am to get one done in april because my baby is at risk for a congenital heart defect as well. Kinda scary. They said because i have one (and even though it has fixed itself and my heart is now okay) that my baby has a 50% chance of having a heart defect. :cry: Anyways, the fetal echo is a 3D ultra-sound and they look the baby over for possible heart defects. It was highly recommended for me, so if they think you are at risk, maybe you could request one? :shrug:

On another note, Bradley Method classes start up tonight. The DH and i are very excited :D

Hello ladies!
Mrs.P, are you going to get a fetal echo done? They usually do them between weeks 22-24. I am to get one done in april because my baby is at risk for a congenital heart defect as well. Kinda scary. They said because i have one (and even though it has fixed itself and my heart is now okay) that my baby has a 50% chance of having a heart defect. :cry: Anyways, the fetal echo is a 3D ultra-sound and they look the baby over for possible heart defects. It was highly recommended for me, so if they think you are at risk, maybe you could request one? :shrug:

On another note, Bradley Method classes start up tonight. The DH and i are very excited :D

Yes they are doing it at 20 weeks, they do them here from 20 and I have mine at 20+1. They wont take the chance what with Eleanor, as she had 3 things wrong with her heart. Was penned in from the off.

The rest of my care with the concultant is down to my BP.

Fingers crossed for you hon and that all is well x Do they do further checks for you after the scan if it shows all is well at the scan. They wont here.

Hello ladies!

Yes they are doing it at 20 weeks, they do them here from 20 and I have mine at 20+1. They wont take the chance what with Eleanor, as she had 3 things wrong with her heart. Was penned in from the off.

The rest of my care with the concultant is down to my BP.

Fingers crossed for you hon and that all is well x Do they do further checks for you after the scan if it shows all is well at the scan. They wont here.

Hmm, im not sure. If everything looks okay, they probably wont do much, but i think when they do the Apgar score, or after baby is born they will keep a watch on baby. Apparently fetal echos cant say 100% either way. But im assuming they will note the risk, even if everything looks ok with the fetal echo- just in case anything happens to baby after birth.

Hello ladies and welcome to the new ladies!

Hope your all well today!

Today is my Friday so will be painting my house tomorrow and getting it ready for the tenants to move in on the 1st.

MrsP I don't know why you would be anymore at a risk with the new baby as every pregnancy is different. Good luck to both you and Guppy!

No thats right Guppy, they cant pick everything up on them just the bigger things but some holes and defects are too small to be picked up.

According to consultant today, obviously wont def apply to you but here if scan says fine they dont do any further checks not even after birth they take scan as gospel.

i like ''Xander Kelly'' it's not common and not freaky what do you think its not everyones cup of tea i won't take offence if you don't like it i'd love it but my nephew is called alexious and i his mom calls him alex i feel alex and xander would be way too close and everyone will think they are both alexander :hugs:

hayy my due date is Aug 24th :) i will no for sure thou tomorrow :)

Hello ladies and welcome to the new ladies!

Hope your all well today!

Today is my Friday so will be painting my house tomorrow and getting it ready for the tenants to move in on the 1st.

MrsP I don't know why you would be anymore at a risk with the new baby as every pregnancy is different. Good luck to both you and Guppy!

I dont know hon just they say of you have had one baby with heart problems then the chances are even higher for further pregnancies. Probably as well cos eleanor had more than one thing and the BP thing, its just in the genes, but heyho!

All up dates done my lovelies.

Hope you're all ok :kiss: x

Hello everyone.... Glad to see the group has moved over. I have been waiting :flower:

Just to give you all an update on how I have been doing. I had my NT scan at 12 weeks exatly, as well as the blood test for Down's and other chromosonal issues. I got the results of my NT scan that day - 2.0 mm and evidence of a nasal bone. But - two weeks later I got my blood results back and they were positive (low levels of the protein which means a higher risk for Down's syndrome). My dr. called me and told me the results were a 1:47 risk of Down's. I was devastated but my hubby and I have decided to move forward with further testing. :cry:

We have a genetic counseling meeting tomorrow and then an amniocentesis scheduled for next friday (I will be 16 weeks and 2 days).

I am feeling a little better about this - 1:47 really only translates to 2% so there is a 98% chance all is well. I'm holding on to that and the fact that they said the NT scan was fine.

So ladies i have has a rough couple of weeks. Anyone else experience this?

I guess one good thing is that we'll get to find the gender earlier.

I like how positive you are being!! Keep your mind on that 98%!

I have had my nuchal scan (1.6) and first blood works. Have to go for my second set of bloods tomorrow!

I seem to have busted out these last two weeks. I am totally showing now..... its great..but havent felt the baby yet.. Or I have and I dont know thats the baby!!

I want a real kick! But all in good time!

khegidio and Starbucket - Good luck to you both. I cant relate or havent experienced my self, but you know where we are. x x

Oh babe hugs hon x x :kiss: Do you know where to start?

Hey Ladies!

Yay! Now we r in 2nd tri. I dont know about anyone else but it feels weird to say I am in my 2nd tri lol. It still feels a little surreal. Tomorrow I will be going again for the nuchal scan since they couldnt get the baby to stretch cuz he/she was all curled up. But hopefully tomorrow they can do what they need to do and I am happy cuz I get to see my baby again. Can't wait for more baby pics.

Welome all new August mommies!:hi:

HI all!! I am new :) My name is Casey and we are expecting our little one on August 26th!! I am currently in my 14 week... can't believe how fast second trimester got here. Had an appointment today and got another sonogram (my doc does them every visit for free... love it!!). I can't believe how big he is already... I barely feel pregnant... I was lucky to have a great first trimester and hope the pregnancy continues with no flaws. I guess that is my background story, hehe. This will be our first and I have so many questions... from what to register for... to when can I not sleep on my back... oh my!! I hope I can be of help and just hang out here with all you lovely ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->