****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Just back form my consultant appointment because of my bmi and they checked my wee, blood pressure and said il need a blood test at 28weeks to check for diabetes but that was it. I asked if I could be considered for ahome birth or use the midwife unit instead of having baby on the delivery suite and the answer was a big fat no. Oh well at least this gives me time to get used to the idea of being in hospital again, only this time il know exctly what I do and dont want so can be well more prepared than with my first baby.

Bonus of the visit was I got to hear beans heartbeat-so amazing :cloud9:

Thanks Jetters and Blossom I'm feeling the flutters so that's kind of put my mind at ease slightly but can't wait for my appt tomorrow afternoon to get here!

Totally agree about being starving one day and feeling full or nothing sounds good! I went and bought groceries on Sunday and wanted some beef stew and then I made it last night and didn't want it after:dohh:

I wont be having a bunch of family over as all mine live 17hrs away. My DH's family on the other hand lives just down the road so hopefully they wont all bombard us.

Hope your all doing well today!:thumbup:

wow I didn`t even know this thread was in the second trimester too!

and I have new bump buddies yaaaay!

Melissa_M - LovingYou - Pops - Pinkandfluffy - hayzeb - how are all you great ladies doing :)

updated my sig. I kept miss khedigio even though your date has changed since we`ve been chatting off and on *hugs*

I am due August 12th! My birthday is August 3rd! Maybe i will get lucky and share my birthday1

Hey vermeil!!! not seen you in awhile! I'm doing pretty good what about you?? I have heart burn pretty much all day-every day but that's my only bad symptom right now :)
Been feeling little flutters in my belly and I love it :cloud9:
Can't wait for my scan on March 18th to find out the sex!!!!!!!
How are you doing??

Lliena: Does everyone have to do the GD test??

Hello My Fellow August bumpers!!!!
I think I felt wee tiny KICKS in the bath tonight! Is it possible at 15+3? I was really chilled and I had felt the little flutters that I have been getting then a few (maybe 5 or 6) tiny little thuds inside that felt like kicks!
I am totally in love with my bump!
just off to catch up on the posts I have missed the past few days!

hugs
Nik x

Melissa I am pretty sure everyone does the GD test between 24 and 28 weeks.

I haven't noticed an increase in my appetite not really and not yet but some days I don't eat much of all and then others I eat like I did before. I always try to have something for baby though, I am afraid of starving him!

We'll also have my mil at hospital and probably one or two friends depending on the time of day or night I go into labour but not to many people as most my family is 5000+ km away on the other side of the country lol.

Well my BnB break is about done now, got to get back to studying, got an exam tomorrow and a job fair interview plus picking up the new flooring for our floor thats going to be done this weekend hopefully!

19 - My due date is two days after DH's birthday, but he really doesn't want it to be born on the same day. I think it's sweet that you'd like to share.

I told my grandma I was pregnant at the weekend and that it was around the time of his birthday. She said that that I would't have to get him a present as he'd clearly had his fun!

19 - My due date is two days after DH's birthday, but he really doesn't want it to be born on the same day. I think it's sweet that you'd like to share.

I told my grandma I was pregnant at the weekend and that it was around the time of his birthday. She said that that I would't have to get him a present as he'd clearly had his fun!

lol My due date is actually Hubby's birthday! BUT I realised last week that if baby comes one day early its actually friday the 13th haha!

I think Hubby secretly thinks baby is coming on his birthday! I bet he'll be all stroppy if it doesnt haha!

Hey vermeil!!! not seen you in awhile! I'm doing pretty good what about you?? I have heart burn pretty much all day-every day but that's my only bad symptom right now :)
Been feeling little flutters in my belly and I love it :cloud9:
Can't wait for my scan on March 18th to find out the sex!!!!!!!
How are you doing??

Lliena: Does everyone have to do the GD test??

I dont think they do, I have to have it just to check cos my BMI is higher than it should be so theoreticaly Im more at risk.

I don't think they do whre I am, although I will be having it but thats due to my BP x

YAY!!! 16 weeks. Loving that I am getting farther and farther along.

Can't wait until I can really feel the baby move.

Thanks Blossom, kinda think I'll have to wait until my next appt to find out the results unless they are horrible and they call me. But not thinking that way! Going to be good!:thumbup:

khegidio yeah for being 16wks! Yes that magic goal of feeling the baby move more is and awesome thing!

About the GD tests they are manditory here at my Dr, so I would say that would be in the US :shrug:

afm I have 4 more hrs until my appt and it's driving me nuts!

I got more painting in my rental house finished last night so tonight I will get it finished all up and cleaned so the carpet cleaners can come on Friday and tenants move in on Sunday or Saturday depending on the carpets being dry!:happydance:

Then I will move to my house and get it all back in order as I've been at the rental property since Feb. 1st :dohh: and neglected my own home :dohh:

Hope your all having a nice day!

Welcome 19!

Mercy my DD was born on April 13th and I find it to be one of the luckiest day I've ever had! Good luck:thumbup:

Hey Ladies.I'm off my food and all I want to do is sleep blurghhhhh

Jetters I love my doppler.I have had 10 losses and each pregnancy i worried senseless.Just wish i bought one before x

^ Glad it's reassuring you. Any new ways of dealing with the killer headaches? I'm not even leaving the house any more these days :S

Love the new avatar! Cheeky monkey x

Hey all, it's been ages since I've posted, but I'm still alive!! We were away all weekend visiting DHs family, and I haven't felt like posting since we got back. Quick update on me, I've seen the physio twice now, she says my bad back is due to relaxin hormone being produced too early, and my sacroiliac joints in pelvis have moved apart. Muscles have been trying to compensate which has damaged them leaving me in agony :( Was a pretty miserable weekend away, DH had to do everything for Charlotte, I can't lift her at all, so couldn't change nappy, cuddle, put her to bed. I just had to go and keep lying down in people's houses. The driving and flights were proper agony. Spent a good few days on the 30/500 cocodamol, so then totally constipated. The good thing was it obliterated the headahces.
Anyway since we got back on Monday night I woke up feeling much better yesterday morning, able to move around, but still can't sit or stand for any length of time, so I'm signed off work for at least 2 weeks - although I still have to set work for my classes and write reports at home!!
Now using TENS on my back and have a support belt on, which helps, and stopping the cocodamol and taking some lactulose has helped that particular problem, but now the headaches are back with a vengence. No one seems particularly worried about this though - I think cos my BP is fine, but follow up with Neurologist in March anyway!

Guppy, what is the Bradley Method I've never heard of it?

khegidio I hope the appointment goes/went well (sorry lost track of the dates of posts!)

Mercy, glad you're feeling better, and isn't it great to feel so much movement! Loving your bump too :)

Llinea congratlations on your wedding, would love to see some photos!!

Mum2bewaiting, what's the deal with the tea? I've been having about 1 cup a day... did you manage to get a bra?!

MrsP how did the new group go with E? As for visitors, I don't know. Some people came round when C was born, but if she was asleep, we didn't let them in her room. My mum was great, (she lives next door, will be hard to stop them visiting!) did useful things for me likewashing, putting away clothes, practical help - still does some of it too, which is great with bad back!

Eoz, hope something can be sorted for your head. I'm suffering too, but don't know what to suggest :(

Kelly9 good luck with interview and exam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->