****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Ladies :flower:

hope you dont mind me popping in just wanted to say congrats to you all for getting to second tri and i wish you all the very very best

love to you all

xxxx

Hey KA92, lovely to hear from you again, of course we don't mind!

just though id pop in make sure your all good :) ill be popping back to see some bump colours too!

x

Thanks Jetters this was taken after she stole her sisters yoghurt!

As for the headaches I am now taking beta blockers and some kind of anti depressant.All it has done has wiped me out.They are wondering if I am in early stages of pre eclampsia but waiting on bloods to see for sure.I cant see it somehow.

Oh tonight I have started spotting.I have had a huge increase in discharge and now blood mixed in.feel so crap not sure if it's related though x

I took beta blockers and amitriptyline (anit-D) in the summer for my head, unfortunately nothing worked for me. I hope something starts to make you feel better.

I have midwives tomorrow and doctors friday to get some action cos without meaning to sound like a drama queen, they're ruining my bloody life! I thought the morning sickness was bad! *eye roll*

Ohhh and the spotting is scary eh? I've been spotting non stop since the threatened miscarriage and every time I have a wee my heart just sinks. Buuuuut I keep thinking how lucky I am to be this far along and how the doctors keep insisting it's ok... :hug:

Yup i panic.I have miscarried at 15 weeks so never say never i suppose.

Holly wood Mum yup i'm on the same and can't see them working x

Guppy, what is the Bradley Method I've never heard of it?

:hi: holywoodmum
The Bradley Method is a "training" program that gives pregnant woman (and their coaches) the tools to get through labor and delivery naturally. Though it is for the mother (for obvious reasons) it is really geared for the coaches (usually DHs) to encourage you and help you in labor. You go to a class (usually in the instructors home) and learn with roughly 6 couples. The classes last about 12 weeks. This method is really big on preparing for birth and not just getting a one day crash course on rules, etc at the hospital. Teaches you exercises and positions to ease labor pains and other method of coping, such as water, the birthing ball, massaging, dim lighting, etc.

https://www.bradleybirth.com/FAQs.aspx

I am REALLY hoping for a water birth, therefore, i really need to know that i can do without meds (can't have meds in the water).

Hey KA92 - Nice to see you, how are things?

Jetters you dont sound like a drama queen, its horrid when you feel that rotten and someone should be able to do something to help. I made a last minute appointment with my MW yesterday morning as havent been able to get through, had 1001 questions and a rotten pain in my leg. In I went and there I stayed till I got it off my chest which made me feel better if nothing else. You go girl, go kick some butt.

Sunshine - How was your appointment?

Guppy - that sounds fab, they sound quite like or NCT classes. Will go have a read x

Guppy, what is the Bradley Method I've never heard of it?

:hi: holywoodmum
The Bradley Method is a "training" program that gives pregnant woman (and their coaches) the tools to get through labor and delivery naturally. Though it is for the mother (for obvious reasons) it is really geared for the coaches (usually DHs) to encourage you and help you in labor. You go to a class (usually in the instructors home) and learn with roughly 6 couples. The classes last about 12 weeks. This method is really big on preparing for birth and not just getting a one day crash course on rules, etc at the hospital. Teaches you exercises and positions to ease labor pains and other method of coping, such as water, the birthing ball, massaging, dim lighting, etc.

https://www.bradleybirth.com/FAQs.aspx

I am REALLY hoping for a water birth, therefore, i really need to know that i can do without meds (can't have meds in the water).

Hey KA92 - Nice to see you, how are things?

Jetters you dont sound like a drama queen, its horrid when you feel that rotten and someone should be able to do something to help. I made a last minute appointment with my MW yesterday morning as havent been able to get through, had 1001 questions and a rotten pain in my leg. In I went and there I stayed till I got it off my chest which made me feel better if nothing else. You go girl, go kick some butt.

Sunshine - How was your appointment?

Guppy - that sounds fab, they sound quite like or NCT classes. Will go have a read x

I agree sounds a bit like the NCT classes - hope you get the waterbirth you want! I hope for that too :)

Mum2bewaiting, what's the deal with the tea? I've been having about 1 cup a day... did you manage to get a bra?!

I went off tea completely in both pregnancies.... am still not back o it, had a cup yesterday and it sat hevy for a few hours... I miss the routine of the morning cuppa though :(

got the bra, god they are awful, but so comfy, the maternity ones weren't that great so have ended up in maximum support wireless ones, so who knows what I will do when it comes to nursing bras....

am off shopping for mat jeans tomorrow as have been walking round with my flies undone all week.... just not sure what style to go for, have a feeling that over the bump will be more comfy, but am not convinced that I will want to wear over te bump through the summer :dohh:

hi all, finally managed to work out how to get my scan picture uploaded :blush: had my dating scan at 13 weeks and 3 days and the pic is showing.
was very pleased to see everythings ok! was very nervous the days leading up to the scan
finally starting to relax and enjoy being pregnant!
baby is due 23rd august.. seems ages away but the weeks are flying by!

xx

evening ladies :)

Man am I tired today, popped into Birmingham to do some shopping for a few hrs and it has completely wiped me out. I used to be able to shop for Britian :lol: I ws also getting narky at rude people who kept walking in my way and bumping into me-hormones anyone :haha:

Hi:flower:

went for scan today and i'm on team blue!!!!!!!!!! woohoo

can you please update me (I'm 11th aug)

thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hugs::hugs:

Just wanted to say hello and let everyone know that my appt yesterday was a huge emotional roller coaster for me, but we are good as gold! :thumbup: I had to wait two full hours before even seeing the doctor and in that time I cried about 10 or 15 times worried and worked myself up in a panic:dohh: But very strong HB at 159 and uterus and baby are growing nicely so back in two weeks for another check and then finally I get my gender scan MARCH 31st! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congratualtions Jenkins on team blue WOOO HOOO!

Welcome Bambino these ladies are the best!

I am going to poke my noise in on your tea conversation. I totally cut out all caffine this pregnancy and am still not drinking it now, with my other ones I didn't cut it out.

Jetters and Eoz hope the spotting stops! That can be awful scary!

For the headaches ask if you can use some benadryl it opens the capularies in your head and lets the blood flow easier and I also use an ice pack when I sleep at night to ease my tension.

Hope your all having a lovely day! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->