****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

I interviewed two doula's today... sitting in the sun outside a cafe- LOVELY!- and really liked them both! Argh, how to decide?!

OOoo look at you Jetters getting a doula, you're a bit posh?

Is there anything stonger about one than the other? x

Damn it I lost out by £1 :lol:

Back from my 16 week check up and everything is fine I just have to have an anti d injection at 28 weeks as Im B neg blood type. Heard beans heartbeat again it was slower today much more train like, has always been faster when we find it at home on the doppler, guess bean must have been chilling out today :haha:

Hey Tickledpink3 I'll be your bump buddy as your not very far from me! I will PM you later.

I don't really have any growing pains just feeling the flutters and Saturday morning DH and I were getting a little frisky and the little one had other plans he/she kicked me so hard I jumped and DH was "what the heck was that" I laughed so hard that it took all the romance out of the moment :dohh: and of course it was 4am then nothing until later LOL :dohh:

Yeah for the ladies who are 17 weeks afm I'm 16wks today! :happydance:

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and yeah for nice purchases!:thumbup:

:rofl: not posh at all Mrs P, just scared and a bit alone!! Singledom sucks... am getting a free doula through the Doula UK Hardship Fund :)

Excellent. I suppose when you put it like that, do you not have many other close people near by? x

Hey all, lots to catch up on there!!
Mercy, glad you're feeling more energised, did you manage to keep your snacks down last night?! As for MW appointment and doppler, if it was me I'd go for a half truth, say you have a doppler but you're not sure you've been using it right?
I definitely have a little bump now, but can only see it when I lie down; all below my belly button.
DD has just started using the 'possessive' as of about 15 minutes ago, adn is now running around saying 'my dink' and possively grabbing her milk :) This is the first time she's used two words together properly... The childminder made me laugh today, said she was like Father Jack from Father Ted, saying dink dink dink all day :) Turns out she'd scoffed a whole bowl of crisps meant for 6 of them for someones birthday - no wonder she was thirsty!
Had my NHS physio appointment today, quite random as I'm not in nearly as much pain, so it was hard to describe the problem, and I didn't want to end up being discharged straight away or something! But I'm seeing her again on Friday. And I thought I wasn't going to be able to claim for my private physio, but apparently they had waived the qualifiying period!

Ladies I have a wonderful update!!

My husband and I opted to get the early results (FISH test) as well as the detailed full results from our Amnio last Friday. The FISH test only tests for Trisomy 13, 18, and 21 (Downs Syndrome). They are accurate but the do not test for all chromosonal abnormalities like the full results do. But our insurance covers it and the results are returned in 24-48 hours.

Since we were mainly at risk for Downs Syndrome, we decided to get the early results as well as the full results.

I am happy to say that our FISH test results were returned today and they ar 100% normal. AND our baby was confirmed to be a little boy. No chromosonal signs of Trisomy 13, 18, or 21.

So - we still have to wait for the full results in 2 weeks to determine any other chromosonal issues, but we are feeling fantastic right now.

BACK ON CLOUD 9!! :cloud9:

Ladies I have a wonderful update!!

My husband and I opted to get the early results (FISH test) as well as the detailed full results from our Amnio last Friday. The FISH test only tests for Trisomy 13, 18, and 21 (Downs Syndrome). They are accurate but the do not test for all chromosonal abnormalities like the full results do. But our insurance covers it and the results are returned in 24-48 hours.

Since we were mainly at risk for Downs Syndrome, we decided to get the early results as well as the full results.

I am happy to say that our FISH test results were returned today and they ar 100% normal. AND our baby was confirmed to be a little boy. No chromosonal signs of Trisomy 13, 18, or 21.

So - we still have to wait for the full results in 2 weeks to determine any other chromosonal issues, but we are feeling fantastic right now.

BACK ON CLOUD 9!! :cloud9:

That's great news hun!:thumbup: Congratulations on your little boy too! xxx

Welcome to the new ladies x
yey for your news Khegido, and congrats on it being a little boy too x
I am off to my 16 week appointment in a few hours so I had better get to bed!
Goodnight all, and good mornin or good afernoon to those spread around the world haha!

BIG hugs x

You're such a night owl Nik!! Welcome to dynomyte!!
I'm still signed off work, so I'm just waiting for a friend to come round and sneak me away for lunch out - somewhere I hopefully won't be spotted! We're both child free today, so it'll be a chance for a proper decent natter for once!

You're such a night owl Nik!! Welcome to dynomyte!!
I'm still signed off work, so I'm just waiting for a friend to come round and sneak me away for lunch out - somewhere I hopefully won't be spotted! We're both child free today, so it'll be a chance for a proper decent natter for once!

Thank you very much! :)
And I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing lunch!:thumbup:

I am having a unhealthy day today, all I seem to want to eat is junk. I guess one day wont hurt as long as I have my fruit too :)

khegidio Fabulous news :dance: :dance: Brilliant! Boys are winning!!!

Welcome new mummies, front page has ben updated, hope you'll be as happy here as were are x

Lliena- I had that day yesterday! ugh. I ate mcdonalds! Large fry and THREE double cheeseburgers. Plus a milkshake.
So I gotta eat extra nice today!

And thanks, mrsp! I'm pretty impressed with this place so far! :)

Hehe I've had a maccy'ds bagel with egg cheese and bacon this morning and cream cake :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->