****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

have you tried TENS? I actually found that really good when my back was at its worst...
We've just had pizza and salad for tea - better than last nights icecream! Although i may have some of that too before bed! Aiming for a mega early night tonight- half eight and I'm outta here - knackered from work, and I'm on the train this week not driving which I find takes it out of me even more...

mmm I have bubble gum ice cream in the freezer calling my name, only thing is it makes my bowel movement this bright greeny blue colour :rofl: you guys don't need to know that but the first time it happened I freaked and was like wtf? Then I remembered I ate the ice cream.

Ewww! I've never understood bubble gum flavour, but hope you enjoyed it x

I've decided to call in sick today. Means I won't get paid, but I'm too sick and don't think anyone's expecting me to turn up after seeing me yesterday. Feel a bit bad though as my boss will have to work late.

The only time I have used oe Holywood was in labour and it worked wonderd. DH actually said last night about buying one, think it might be the way forward.

Kelly that is gross i 'd have been well freaked out too!! Blossom hope you're feeling better :)
Mrs P, I got the boots one, it's been really good, has 4 pads, but I know there are some cheaper ones in argos with 2 pads... don't know really but the boots one seems pretty good! the only shit thing is it say the ordinary ones aren't suitable for labour (no boost button) and the maternity ones aren't suitable for regular use, as they don't have the right programs for general pain relief rather than contractions... dont' know how much truth there is in that though!

ok cool, thanks hon. Would like one for labour again thats for sure. Will see if the damn MW can advise, but definately will be investing.

May buy a normal and hire one for labour. x

Mrs P if your midwife is bloody useless then get the dr to refer you.The consultant isn't really in that field.Have you tried swimming.That helped me alot.Well not swimming just bobbing in the water :rofl: The tens may help x

Kelly where I used to live they sold a blue bubblegum flavour ice cream..The kids always went to buy it and the parents always moaned at the stained clothes and gross bowel movements.But it does taste scrummy!

Flutter baby I will almost certainly go in to labour 2/3 weeks early if not they may do a section at 37 weeks if this fibroid continues to grow xx

Hollywoodmmum.Ughh to trains but at least you can stick your belly out to get the best seat lol xxx

How are we all?All ok and enjoying the sunshine I hope?

I'm not doing to bad had a baking session in the afternoon yesterday which i always love but not good for my back and belly standing that long.I am going to make a chocolate cake for next door today.It's her birthday tomorrow.we may take the girls up to the river later to get a bit of fresh air but I really need to slow down as I may feel ok today but it'll hit me tomorrow.

The midwife is a darling she came around yesterday as she was in the area and wanted to assure me they had a plan of action for me and I was in the best care possible now.She hugged me and said she was sad it has turned out like this.But she has faith it'll be ok.I blooming hope so x

On the plus side my darling OH has quit smoking after 25 years :happydance: I am so proud of him.He always said he wanted to but never actually tried.Well after my spell in hospital he said he needs to be well for his girls so he went to the doctors and got the patches.He has been amazing.Not even bit my head of!He has been amazing around the house and I can't fault him one bit :cloud9:

Hope you have a nice day :kiss:

Mrs P if your midwife is bloody useless then get the dr to refer you.The consultant isn't really in that field.Have you tried swimming.That helped me alot.Well not swimming just bobbing in the water :rofl: The tens may help x

Kelly where I used to live they sold a blue bubblegum flavour ice cream..The kids always went to buy it and the parents always moaned at the stained clothes and gross bowel movements.But it does taste scrummy!

Flutter baby I will almost certainly go in to labour 2/3 weeks early if not they may do a section at 37 weeks if this fibroid continues to grow xx

Hollywoodmmum.Ughh to trains but at least you can stick your belly out to get the best seat lol xxx

I'm not doing to bad had a baking session in the afternoon yesterday which i always love but not good for my back and belly standing that long.I am going to make a chocolate cake for next door today.It's her birthday tomorrow.we may take the girls up to the river later to get a bit of fresh air but I really need to slow down as I may feel ok today but it'll hit me tomorrow.

The midwife is a darling she came around yesterday as she was in the area and wanted to assure me they had a plan of action for me and I was in the best care possible now.She hugged me and said she was sad it has turned out like this.But she has faith it'll be ok.I blooming hope so x

On the plus side my darling OH has quit smoking after 25 years :happydance: I am so proud of him.He always said he wanted to but never actually tried.Well after my spell in hospital he said he needs to be well for his girls so he went to the doctors and got the patches.He has been amazing.Not even bit my head of!He has been amazing around the house and I can't fault him one bit :cloud9:

That is so good your OH is giving up smoking. I've not smoked for about 3 months now and i'm just starting to come through the light now. Hope he keeps it up hun and hope you're feeling alot better now. xxx

Well done you!!!I gave up 4 years ago and only really felt the benefits after a year.

Yes hun i'm feeling a lot better.I think the antibiotics are kicking in.The pain is there but I'm managing it now x

Glad your midwife sounds lovely!

And well done to OH - know how much my parents struggled with it so good on him for doing this!

To be fair to the midwife, they are so short staffed where we are she just doesnt get the time to return the calls, but the actual care you get when you go to see her I just cant fault. She has been great. I have 2 consultants, one for the heart of the baby (which I see on Friday) and one for my general heath which I see every 4/6 weeks, but me being me I am sure I will get somewhere just cos they'll get sick of me making my self a pain! :rofl:

Its just frustrating thats all. Slightly cross with my self for allowing me to become a pregnancy victim, just need a slap and to pull my self together. I'm having a baby not dying and I should remember that and stop complaining and just be thankful! :dohh:

As for the swimming, I take Eleanor pretty much every week and I dont find it helps too much, just ache after.

I sound like I have an answer for everything but I have tried the pain killers and the swimming and some of the other suggestions and they just arent working, but the tens is the only thing that I havent tried so will give it a go.

Sounds like your MW is being great, so pleased someone is listening to you this time round, I cant imagine its easy but must be reassuring someone is taking notice of you this time around :hugs:

As for Ady, well done him! 25 years is a long time. Si gave up 7 years ago now some times if he gets really mad you see his hands go for a cig box but other than that he doesnt miss it. Think how wow your cakes are, he'll really notice once his taste buds come back to life. BTW your FB pics looked fab yesterday.

Well done to you too Philly!!

Wll the sun is shining here although a little cold, but wont complain. Have just put Eleanor down for a sleep, so sitting here whilst I should be doing the ironing. I'll start in a minute, dont want to have to stand and do it this evening.

Making the most of the sunshine so washed and scrubbed the pram this morning, it was covered in mud from when we take the dog out, shoved all the covers in the washing machine, along with the car seat cover which I didnt actually realise was sooo disgusting! Will get them on the line in a bit.

Just ben looking for some new toys for Eleanor, think its partly why she is being a bit ratty, bit bored of the same toys and growing out of them. I do try and circulate them with the toy box in her bedroom, but that doesnt seem to be working. Normally she is good as gold playing on her own wilst I carry on with some jobs, but love her she just wants to explore everything.

Least with the weather warming up we can get out in the garden more, we have a lovely garden so would love for her to get full use of it.

Woke a 4.45am this morning and found my self worring about the HV when the baby comes, visitors and how they will stress me out and then decided that I have to change all my pram sheets as the others just wont go. Of course they'll go its a black pram! God I need a slap!

What is everyone else up to? xxxxxxx

Aww thank you : )

It can't be helped that you're are becoming a victim as such.Your body simply cant take it.I feel for you as I start to ache from about 6 months.

It's crap there just isn't enough midwives anymore.Oo Scan on Friday bet you can't wait x

I'm angry that I have become a walking nightmare but at least I'll have a baby to reward me :thumbup:

For you girlies my cakes from yesterday x Vanilla cupcakes,shortbread and Marshmallow & choccy chip Muffins x

Attachments

• 100_1631.jpg
    100_1631.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 6
A little nervous, but it will be nice to see baby. Dont feel it move much, not unless I have higher expectations and have forgotten with Eleanor so will be nice to see.

Its bad really isnt it the MW's, I feel sorry for them to be honest as I doubt things are they way they want it more of what they are forced to deal with.

Afternoon ladies, I have been out this morning to do a bit of shopping and omg it felt like such hard work after about half an hr my back an feet were killing me, and I have a dullache in my girlie bits today which is a bit unpleasent but I think is just my ligaments etc stretching.

Eoz those cakes look yummy!

MrsP :hugs:

:munch: gotta bet me some of that eoz lush.... oh i see about the move i know your suffering hunny but just think you get to show us ladies the :baby:
pictures first i cant wait lol

i've been such a fatty lately i don't seem to stop eating anyone else having that problem:blush: feel ive put on alot got scan a week today soo we shall see doc's will delight in telling me if so i've weighed myself and have only put on 3lb since 12 weeks which is ok but i'm sure there scales will tell me something different
i've just walked son to nursery and the weather is lush here a lovely spring day

Im' exhausted!! those cakes look fab Zoe!! And good on your DP for quitting smoking, I stopped 5 and a bit years ago - it's not an easy thing to do! and well done philly :)
just had another 6 periods on my feet, 9-12:50 honestly don't think I'm going to be able to keep doing this. felt physically unwell :(
we're looking at second hand cots on gumtree - there are some lovely ones, but i know in my heart we should just buy something cheapest as it'll only be for a few months...

Those cakes look lovely!

Haven't used gumtree before but try also preloved.co.uk they seem to have plenty and you can set your local area to come first too.

I am bored at work and its my late night cover so am here til last then got to do the food shop, booooo!

MIL mentioned buying us the pram again at weekend so that will really help, we've picked it out and everything but with the extension going on weren't ready to put the money out for it :haha:

I have my grandparents coming to stay at the weekend too - I must be mad :haha:

just remembered what I was going to say as well - one of my very aspergers 1st formers told me this morning that I looked like I'd come to work in my pyjamas!! - wtf!! I'm wearing smarter than normal work trousers, and a long knitted jumper!! Granted the trousers do have a faint checked pattern, but come on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->