****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Hi all,

Lucy, He is only away a few miles up north, hopefully he'll be back before the weekend so keeping fingers crossed x
I've had a productive day today! I have a formal dinner this weekend to go to and needed a dress that didnt make me look a heffer! lol! I found the MOST gorgeous one in Dunnes Stores! VERY impressed too as it was only £30! BARGAIN!!!!
Also had a lovely session at the Mums and Tots group I run! We were busy and everyone was well beahved! although Riley managed to fall over and bang his chin ,making him bite into his poor wee tongue! He is fine tho! My little soldier x

Is anyone else feeling like they are getting bigger by the minute! My Bump seems to be bursting at the seams today haha! I swear it was smaller when I went to bed than when i woke up haha!

hugs all x
Nikki x

Nice one on the dress!! Was it a maternity one then? I know Dunnes do mat clothes, but haven't managed to get in one that stocks it!

Hello ladies.... It has been a while since I posted. All has been well - just had some non-sleeping spells lately. I think the lack of sleep eventually caught up with me and made me feel pretty sickly for a few days. I am back to normal though.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

I am 24 weeks today!! Yay!! I had a scan today to check out some of the things they could not see at my 20 week scan due to baby's position. All looks well. Baby's heart, kidneys, bladder, spine, bones and size are all perfect. I am very happy. We got some great glimpses of his handsome face and saw him opening and closing his mouth many times. Was great. He is 1lb 7 oz - right on target for where he should be at this time!

Unfortunately - no more scans (unless something is wrong) so I don't get to see my baby Jake until he gets here. He'll be here sooner than I know it.

Talk to you all soon. I am going on vacation next week for two weeks so I might not be around much. I'll be having a relaxing beach getaway before my life is turned upside down (in a good way!!).
:flower:

Khegidio glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your holidays!!

Can i ask a cheeky favour?! Go to https://www.sg-fitness.co.uk/index_endorsements.shtml and tell me what you think! It's a website I've been working on...

Hi all,

Lucy, He is only away a few miles up north, hopefully he'll be back before the weekend so keeping fingers crossed x
I've had a productive day today! I have a formal dinner this weekend to go to and needed a dress that didnt make me look a heffer! lol! I found the MOST gorgeous one in Dunnes Stores! VERY impressed too as it was only £30! BARGAIN!!!!
Also had a lovely session at the Mums and Tots group I run! We were busy and everyone was well beahved! although Riley managed to fall over and bang his chin ,making him bite into his poor wee tongue! He is fine tho! My little soldier x

Is anyone else feeling like they are getting bigger by the minute! My Bump seems to be bursting at the seams today haha! I swear it was smaller when I went to bed than when i woke up haha!

hugs all x
Nikki x

Nice one on the dress!! Was it a maternity one then? I know Dunnes do mat clothes, but haven't managed to get in one that stocks it!

Hello ladies.... It has been a while since I posted. All has been well - just had some non-sleeping spells lately. I think the lack of sleep eventually caught up with me and made me feel pretty sickly for a few days. I am back to normal though.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

I am 24 weeks today!! Yay!! I had a scan today to check out some of the things they could not see at my 20 week scan due to baby's position. All looks well. Baby's heart, kidneys, bladder, spine, bones and size are all perfect. I am very happy. We got some great glimpses of his handsome face and saw him opening and closing his mouth many times. Was great. He is 1lb 7 oz - right on target for where he should be at this time!

Unfortunately - no more scans (unless something is wrong) so I don't get to see my baby Jake until he gets here. He'll be here sooner than I know it.

Talk to you all soon. I am going on vacation next week for two weeks so I might not be around much. I'll be having a relaxing beach getaway before my life is turned upside down (in a good way!!).
:flower:

Khegidio glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your holidays!!

Can i ask a cheeky favour?! Go to https://www.sg-fitness.co.uk/index_endorsements.shtml and tell me what you think! It's a website I've been working on...

my bro does web page design

Hey Lucy, no it wasnt a Mat one! I will see if I can spot it on their website!
Its a strapless Maxi dress but is very stretchy so my bump fits in nicely!!
They have a lot of lovely dresses in there, it was the Belfast city centre one I went to! also for anyone else who might be interested i found some lovely loose stretchy cotton Maxi dresses in primark for only £9!!!!! AND they had about 6 different colours!

FANTASTIC bargains x

Hi Holywoodmum :hi: We're not finding out if it's a boy or a girl, will be a big surprise! How about you??

anyone due 1st of august?

I'm due 31 July so nearly!! Could be July or could be August, depending on what the baby is planning haha. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? How are you feeling at the moment?

Aww you got a dodgy date aswell, I asked if it was a boy had a feeling and she said "it looks that way" its okay tho I wanted a boy 1st! Im feeling okay starting to put weight on more now and a bit out of breath but hey

How are you?

I'm kicking around to, studying for my last exam tomorrow then 10 wonderful days off class, just have to worry about working a few shifts at work! It's going to be so nice. I am utterly tired, not sleeping well baby is so active at night. 1 week and 4 days and I'll be in third tri! EEK!!!!

Morning all, we're off to see Charlotte's May 08 buddies this morning for a little birthday get together and lunch :)
ten weeks left at work, today, as I'm off that seems like nothing!! on 3 day weeks, 30 days left to work!! But I've got SO MUCH to get done before the end term!!

Morning all....

Hope everyone is well. It's Brians 1st birthday today so we are taking him to the forest by us for a lovely longish walk! I hope there is icecream at the end! lol.

Think it's another beauty day here so making the most of it as Mart starts back on his tour tomorrow so the weekend will be spent by me cleaning :-(.

Have a great day all xxx

30 days wow not long at all hon, goodness think by the time you have done that it will be nearly time!!! :happydance:

Happy Birthday Brian :cake:

:hi:

Hope you are all doing well!

It's been really quiet today??????

:hugs:

Not saying it's a bad thing, I can keep up today. LOL

yes I was surprised to not see like three pages of new posts after getting back from work! crazy!
I'm visiting friends this weekend in Toronto - can't wait!! Taking the train there and back so it will be nice and relaxing :) Just have to make it through tomorrow!
Nothing new on the baby front!

A very tired good morning from me, hope everyone is ok....

(rant).. so Mart has totally done my head in this morning. He knew he had to do 3 things last night, 1. clean the car of it's crap as it's going into the garage to be fixed this weekend, 2. find his insurance docs and both parts of driving licence so can pick up courtesy car for him at 4pm, 3. iron his work stuff for today. So do you think he does?????? NO!!!! He leaves it for this morning so rushes round having a go at me then gets into work late and leaves me with no petrol! I tells ya it was a good job he is a cop as any other work place i would of gone inside and tore him a new one! lol (rant over)

Apart from the drama this morning i'm nice and chilled lol. Got my hair being done at 9am then it's off to Stafford to see bezzie friend and the 2 tearaways. Then back over here to fetch car, pick up Mart then do big food shop :-(. I feel tired just typing that out! lol.

Have also booked a tour of the maternity ward for the 1st May so super excited about that!

Hope everyone has a better day than me! xxx

Good morning!!!!!
I thought I would share a fun pic of how my bump is getting along lol!
I am married to a soldier and we have a wives "job swap" day coming up where we get to play soldier for the day haha! SO I had to get all kitted out in Cammo! whic isnt easy when you have a bump to squeeze into them haha!
BUT heres the results! Sorry I had to cut out my head, lol, flippin military over here, we have to keep a bit sneaky beaky hahaha!

anyways here it is!

https://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af96/Mercy2_photo/BumpforBNB-1.jpg

What do ya think guys x x lol x x

hope everyone is well, I didnt get on yesterday so am off to catch up on what I missed x
HUGS x x Nik x x

Hey sunshine - You never did say what was wrong with the potential BF of DD, fact they are babies neither here nor there, mummy does not approve no?

Congrats Angie, I shall update.

Mercy loving the pic.

Philly what can I say they are all toerags at times eh? Si came in last night with a bee in his bonnet, misserable old sod he was. Fortunately he is a little brighter this morning.

Well it is a lovely morning here, just waiting for the machine to finish to get the washing on the line, few other jobs to do and then off into town for a few bits for hols, nothing exciting just nappies and toiletries and a few bits for the weekend, then meeting a girl from school for lunch, she has not long had a baby think he is 3 weeks old!

Hope you all have a lovely day xx

Congrats on Team Blue Angie x
I am staying on Team yellow! in spite of the growing temptation to go for a private scan haha!

Lucy 30 days left to work!!!! that will FLY by I bet!
It seems strange to not be working! I havent been able to since I had Riley, but I worked up to almost 38 weeks with him as a community children's nurse in london! then we moved here the day after my last day at work! haha Never one to do things by half!
I do quite miss working, but its nice to have some chill time too! I bet you cant wait for your Mat leave!

How is everyone today!?? The sun is shining yet again in NI this morning! which I have to say I am getting a little too used to! lol. but I am sure beofre long our trusty rain will be back to remind me where I am haha! for now I am gunna enjoy being able to wear flip flops and paint my toenails haha!

We've got a Coffee morining to go to today which is always good fun. and then hopefully hubby will be done in work by lunchtime so thats another bonus!

enjoy the day everyone x

Mercy a) fab bump!!!! b) loving the uniform! Bet hubby does too! lol ;-) xxx

Morning ladies.Congrats on all the new colours and welcome to new mummies.

Well I have been in hopsital yet again but this ime for my 17 month old daughter.We found a lump on her neck on Monday and since then we have been on a rollercoaster.1st they thought it was cancerous (thank god it wasn't) But after tests and biopsy it turned out to be a deep abscess pressing on her lymph nodes.Causing a nasty infection.She got ill by the hour as the pus was seeping in to her blood and travelling up her neck to her face.The doctors decided to operate straight away because if it burst or did go to the brain it would have been far more serious.So she had surgery and wow the difference in her after was amazing.Different child altogether even the doctors were amazed.So we came home last night and she is doing fine.We have to go in every day for drainage and clean dressings as it's an open wound.We have the small risk of recurrence but I'm hoping not as she is on anti biotics.I tell you what seeing your child in hopsital and having to hold them whilst they are put to sleep is heartbreaking.I was a wreck whilst she was in surgery.

Bump is ok.The fibroid has settled down for now.I don't feel preggy at the moment.I have started to loose weight and not really eating but h/b is strong and i get the odd kick so it must all be ok.

Hugs to all xxxxx

Mercy a) fab bump!!!! b) loving the uniform! Bet hubby does too! lol ;-) xxx

Haha My hubby was oddly keen on me wearin his uniform hahaha! :haha:
Lord knows why as he spends all day lookin at stinky boys wearin it haha!

Eoz SO glad your Daughter is on the mend x and So sorry for you all having to go through that! must have been terrifying!
Glad little one is kicking away ok, sending hugs x
Nik x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back