****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Congrats new mummies x

Philly - have you tried boiled water? I give it to Henry most days.

Also are you FF'ing? My HV and some friends told me that if ever baby gets constipated go and buy some of the carton milk, there is something in it to do with the long life that helps a baby go. May be worth a try xx

I have a sinking feeling that they will just go ahead and book flights once baby is born! They are 66, and 67 and, while I adore them, in large doses their particular brand of negativity and moaning takes its toll at the best of time lol!

Thankyou for understanding, it feels so reassuring to know that people understand and feel the same! I just feel like these next few weeks is my little Bliss bubble, before I have to start dealing with the fact that Mat is going back to Afghanistan! I get a nice few weeks of denial, before the training and reality kick in, if that makes sense x x

My mum will just turn up uninvited :haha: she only live's 2min's away aswel!! :/ Easier for me to send her back home lol but have a feeling i'm going to need her around with Mike not gettin paternity leave :/

Mercy I dont think you are being selfish at all, its completley understandable you want those precious few weeks together as a family before your husband leaves. Everyone else should respect your wishes although I know how hard it is to say no to family but maybe you just need to be straight with them and explain it exactly how you have on here, and that you would rather they waited than just jumped on the first ferry/plane over uninvited.

Afm been out for a massive 2 hour walk round Cannock Chase and was having some strong cramps lower down in my thighs/back and front during the walk. Back home and knackered so gonna go for a nap and hope that it maybe progresses further although not building hopes up too much!

Mercy I dont think you are being selfish at all, its completley understandable you want those precious few weeks together as a family before your husband leaves. Everyone else should respect your wishes although I know how hard it is to say no to family but maybe you just need to be straight with them and explain it exactly how you have on here, and that you would rather they waited than just jumped on the first ferry/plane over uninvited.

Afm been out for a massive 2 hour walk round Cannock Chase and was having some strong cramps lower down in my thighs/back and front during the walk. Back home and knackered so gonna go for a nap and hope that it maybe progresses further although not building hopes up too much!

Thats how akward my bloomin mother is, I explained to her about a month ago how I felt about visitors both before and after the birth, and asked her if she could understand and just wait untill we go over to visit them! She is just ignoring me in the hope that her persistence will pay off lol! I will just say no if she says she has been pricing up flights, and remind her what I have said!

Fingers crossed that the long walk has done something to get things shifting along hun! hopefully bubs will be ready and rearing to go once you've got some rest x x

mercy i'd be the same my family all come but they go home and while they are here they cook and clean of me not the other way around and anyway in a situation like yours you have to think of hubby he won't want to spend his short time back entertaining your family he'll be wanting time with you and kids

i had a bath an a major sugar drop not ate all day so went ate and had a ly down and pains have stopped thank god chillin now good:baby:

Starting to think towards my appointment tomorrow afternoon now, My Mw was saying last week that when I go for my Scan and Doc check tomorrow, If My fluid remained low then they'll likely give me a sweep! Are first attempts usually successful???
I guess it will really depend on the state of my cervix!
Ideally, I would hope that the fluid isnt as low any more, I have been rehydrating like MAD this past 2 weeks since my last appointment! Much to the displeasure of my poor bladder haha!

I am thinking maybe the Bloody show type thing I had on Friday late on, May have been a sign the cevix is dialating? I guess I shall just have to wait and see x

Anyone heard how Jasmak got on?? Or hav I just totally missed it lol!

:happydance::happydance: Congratulations to all those who have had their babies!

Mercy you are not being unreasonable in any way shape or form! You're going to have enough to contend with than playing the hostess too! All you can do is be firm!!

Moggy When people ask me if I've had the baby yet - I just say 'oh yeah, sorry did I forget to tell you! :lol: I'm getting annoyed with all these bloody messages saying 'any signs?'!!!

Flutter has it all died now then? FX you get to Tuesday eh!

AFM felt great all day, we've picked our carpet but it might not come until a week on Saturday :wacko:. Kind of hoping that baby is here before then, but suppose can always go out for the day while Kev and his dad take the old one up and move all the furniture!! Eh well...fingers crossed they can do it this week!!!

How is everyone feeling today? Lou x

Nikki you have my sympathies, my inlaws have been over for the last week and a half, they ignored our requests to come earlier - in time for Mogsters birthday - or to come later - to make sure little man was here and tat we could have time as a family without feeling we HAD to have them over as they werre in the country. They said "oh well we wont stay with you" true they havent but they have been here EVERY DAY!!! and theyre now starting to hint that I should ask to be induced now so they can see him before they leave on Weds - as if! He will come when he is ready and tbh he is more important!

Know what you mean about time as a family, I think it is even more important if there is a little one already around as they are gonna be confused enough at this new little person needing their Mummy and Daddy and given paternity leave is so short and the MOD so demanding I think it only right you get to focus on you and Mr B and Riley plus little B arriving IMMINENTLY (I had words, unfortunately if it is a boy in there they dont listen to me - Moglet certainly has claimed squatters!)

You perhaps just need to be blunt and point out that the important folks at the moment are you and baby and Riley, the stress of them hassling you isnt good for you and whilst you understand they want to see their grandchild he/she will still be their grandchild in a few weeks. Mr B is important too but big ruff tuff amry boys can stand their ground more than a preggo lady who has enough on her plate already!

If they come back at you with flight info advise them you have been looking into local accommodation for them and the cost is £X because you know they wouldnt want to intrude on your family time establishing a routine for you and bubs and Riley before Mr B goes away for his training to fight for his country! The fight for country one always works with my family....depends if yours are actually gonna listen though IYKWIM...?

Im finding as it gets tougher if I focus on that first magical cuddle with my two boys it helps, maybe think of that cuddle you are gonna have with Riley and Baby B and the pic Mr B is gonna take away with him etched on his heart wherever he is! :hugs:

I like the one posted a million pages back about how are you feeling? Ok but the folks adopting him are so excited :rofl:

hey girls...just letting you know i gave birth on friday the 6th to a little baby boy. we called him Andreas Deabreu. he weights 6lb 13oz was meant to be due on the 21st of august but was induced on friday :)

here he is xxx

https://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/petespassionpassat/Baby%20Andreas/andreasborn007.jpg

https://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/petespassionpassat/Baby%20Andreas/face.jpg

here is my storie :)
https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...baby-andreas-deabreu-finally-here-ladies.html

mrs p - did you go brittans secondary school near rainham?

Baby france I hear you if one more person asks where this baby is I'm gonna freak!

Congrats on yet more babies.

Still none for me :(

:happydance: Congratulations babydeabrue on your little boy!!! He's gorgeous!!

Kelly I love my family to bits but before 10am this morning I'd already had 2 phonecalls and 3 messages...I'm not due till Tuesday and it was my last lie in before baby arrived! Grrrr....

Nikki you have my sympathies, my inlaws have been over for the last week and a half, they ignored our requests to come earlier - in time for Mogsters birthday - or to come later - to make sure little man was here and tat we could have time as a family without feeling we HAD to have them over as they werre in the country. They said "oh well we wont stay with you" true they havent but they have been here EVERY DAY!!! and theyre now starting to hint that I should ask to be induced now so they can see him before they leave on Weds - as if! He will come when he is ready and tbh he is more important!

Know what you mean about time as a family, I think it is even more important if there is a little one already around as they are gonna be confused enough at this new little person needing their Mummy and Daddy and given paternity leave is so short and the MOD so demanding I think it only right you get to focus on you and Mr B and Riley plus little B arriving IMMINENTLY (I had words, unfortunately if it is a boy in there they dont listen to me - Moglet certainly has claimed squatters!)

You perhaps just need to be blunt and point out that the important folks at the moment are you and baby and Riley, the stress of them hassling you isnt good for you and whilst you understand they want to see their grandchild he/she will still be their grandchild in a few weeks. Mr B is important too but big ruff tuff amry boys can stand their ground more than a preggo lady who has enough on her plate already!

If they come back at you with flight info advise them you have been looking into local accommodation for them and the cost is £X because you know they wouldnt want to intrude on your family time establishing a routine for you and bubs and Riley before Mr B goes away for his training to fight for his country! The fight for country one always works with my family....depends if yours are actually gonna listen though IYKWIM...?

Im finding as it gets tougher if I focus on that first magical cuddle with my two boys it helps, maybe think of that cuddle you are gonna have with Riley and Baby B and the pic Mr B is gonna take away with him etched on his heart wherever he is! :hugs:

THANKYOU so much hun, what a lovely reply x U now have the big round wobbly member of the Banno household in tears! heehee! (happy ones of course) means a lot x
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I am really going to stand my ground with them! They'd have to stay in a hotel or something anyway coming to think of it, as we dont have a spare bed in this house haha! just two cots! We had a MOD issued bed in the spare room where we lived when Riley was born so thats where they stayed!!
So good excuse me thinks haha! although they dont drive, so if they stayed in a hotel mat would be expected to drive them back and forth every day! so I am thinkin just politely tell them to bugger off and wait their turn till i go visit them! haha!

hey girls...just letting you know i gave birth on friday the 6th to a little baby boy. we called him Andreas Deabreu. he weights 6lb 13oz was meant to be due on the 21st of august but was induced on friday :)

here he is xxx

https://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/petespassionpassat/Baby%20Andreas/andreasborn007.jpg

https://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/petespassionpassat/Baby%20Andreas/face.jpg

here is my storie :)
https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...baby-andreas-deabreu-finally-here-ladies.html

mrs p - did you go brittans secondary school near rainham?

What an absolute cutie! just gorgeous hun, congratulations x

Any time :hugs:

They could always walk or get a taxi - thats what most folks do on holidays....or they could wait for you to go to them imagine how convenient that would be for them:dohh:

Focus on the first double cuddle and although it makes the emotions well it does help

Starting to think towards my appointment tomorrow afternoon now, My Mw was saying last week that when I go for my Scan and Doc check tomorrow, If My fluid remained low then they'll likely give me a sweep! Are first attempts usually successful???
Ideally, I would hope that the fluid isnt as low any more, I have been rehydrating like MAD this past 2 weeks since my last appointment! Much to the displeasure of my poor bladder haha!

I am thinking maybe the Bloody show type thing I had on Friday late on, May have been a sign the cevix is dialating? I guess I shall just have to wait and see x

Is jasmak Tina? :S I have a tina on my facebook who's status read's...."Well, EVERYONE was wrong with the date of my section. It was yesterday. Doesn't matter...it didn't happen. Laying low and dissapointed - to say the least."

Sorry if it's a complete different person! I struggle to remember who goes with what user name lol x

Is jasmak Tina? :S I have a tina on my facebook who's status read's...."Well, EVERYONE was wrong with the date of my section. It was yesterday. Doesn't matter...it didn't happen. Laying low and dissapointed - to say the least."

Sorry if it's a complete different person! I struggle to remember who goes with what user name lol x

I don't have an update on JASMAK but I could've sworn her section was scheduled for the 16th!! Then there was a post saying good luck for tomorrow (being the 7th) I checked her ticker and it confirmed section booked for 7th, and now i've just seen this so I am very confused!!

My husband keeps saying, are you gonna have the baby today? Do you think the baby will come today? Why isn't the baby here yet?.... Errrr darling I really have no say you'll have to wait like the rest of us!!

Yeah it's Tina aww hope she is ok if they didnt do it :(

Afm well still cramping but still no pattern, Im going crazy :wacko: lol have took some paracetamol but they havent really touched it so will try a bath soon and hope it either starts to get closer or stops so I can get some sleep tonight. Expect to see me here tomorrow though ;)

Hey girls,
I'm prob doing this way too late but all I do is read everyone's posts and never say anything. Well I'm due the 30th and still not joined this so thought it was about time.
Hurry August :D
xx

Hiya hun :)

What bit of Staffordshire you from? Im from Stafford :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->