****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Hi ladies. Hope all the bumps and babies are well. I just thought I'd quickly post to let you know that my little boy Nathan was born early on 4th August, weighing 9lbs.

Congratulations to everyone whose baby has already arrived and good luck to those who are still patiently waiting, x

Congratulations hun x

I'v decided there is a benefit of my OH being able to drive after all :D
He can go get KFC while I have a soak in the bath :) That's if I can talk him into having a KFC....shouldn't be too hard, I'll just mention it and he'll be off :D

:yipee: Hi girlies, just wanted to log on and leave a quick update ! Our yellow bump turned BLUE yesterday. :wohoo: Baby JORDAAN was born yesterday at 17.12 weighing in at 8 pound exactly ! Will update you all later on or tomorrow with my short birth story. :) Im still in hospital, i have my portable internet and laptop with me ! But anyways, we are doing well and recovering after a quick labour. :) Kaitlyn gets to meet her baby brother today for the 1st time which im quite nervous about but really excited at the same time ! :) Wishing all new mummies(and daddies) best of luck with their new bubbas :flower: , lots of labour dust to those that are in need of it :dust: , and lots of hugs to anyone who wants them ! :hug:

Congrats hun :happydance::happydance:

Congratulations to all the new mummies!!

Been gone only a couple of days and I missed so much. :hugs: to all the overdue ladies out there.

Been wide awake since 5 this morning.... which has been great to catch up on here but kinda crappy because a) I'm not sleeping :haha: and b) we have friends coming over today, probably right around the time that I will be wanting to nap! :dohh:

Fx some of you overdue ladies pop soon!

:hugs:

baby france i can't belive it i've organised sitter etc for tues and guess what pain's have started i'm so pissed going in the bath and for a ly down and hoping they stop i am gonna prep things so they are ready to fly out the door tonight tho but hopefully i will wait always the way didn't want 13th so i get a defo date for tues and it all bloody starts i'll check back in after my bath let you know if they stop ladies :hugs::dohh:

Morning all, Heres hoping lots of overdue August mummies will be meeting their little ones ASAP, I think we'll have a sudden surge of labouring ladies! well thats what I am hoping for you all anyways x x

I am officially the MOST pregnant I have ever been today lol, I had Riley at exactly 39 weeks so at 39 weeks and one Day today, This little one is the winner for staying snug inside! lol.
I was so scared all day yesterday that after the bloody show on Friday night, I was going to go into labour, that TBH today I am quite chilled and relaxed and in no hurry to get little one here! I LOVE my bump, and am going to enjoy the last few days/weeks with it here i think! and just take things as they happen!

I think my body is just practicing and getting itself fit for the job, not feeling today like baby is in any rush to evict so hopefully a nice relaxing day in store! lol!

How are we all feeling this morning then?? hugs for not sleeping great Lliena, hopefully those ginger biscuits will ease the sickyness too!

:hi: Nik am about 6 weeks more preggers than last time now :dohh: It does start to get tedious though :shrug: Especially when folk keep asking if I have had him yet - durr Yes and hes home alone whilst im out with a cushion up my jumper!

Morning all, Heres hoping lots of overdue August mummies will be meeting their little ones ASAP, I think we'll have a sudden surge of labouring ladies! well thats what I am hoping for you all anyways x x

I am officially the MOST pregnant I have ever been today lol, I had Riley at exactly 39 weeks so at 39 weeks and one Day today, This little one is the winner for staying snug inside! lol.
I was so scared all day yesterday that after the bloody show on Friday night, I was going to go into labour, that TBH today I am quite chilled and relaxed and in no hurry to get little one here! I LOVE my bump, and am going to enjoy the last few days/weeks with it here i think! and just take things as they happen!

I think my body is just practicing and getting itself fit for the job, not feeling today like baby is in any rush to evict so hopefully a nice relaxing day in store! lol!

How are we all feeling this morning then?? hugs for not sleeping great Lliena, hopefully those ginger biscuits will ease the sickyness too!

:hi: Nik am about 6 weeks more preggers than last time now :dohh: It does start to get tedious though :shrug: Especially when folk keep asking if I have had him yet - durr Yes and hes home alone whilst im out with a cushion up my jumper!

OMG you just really made me giggle :rofl: so true though :D xx

I cant believe they keep asking though? Im huge unless you get a view of the back when you cant tell but still I WAS GETTING OUT OF THE CAR!!!!

THAT HUGE BUMP IS THE BABY!!!!!!

HES STILL IN THERE SO STOP ASKING!!!!! :grr:

I cant believe they keep asking though? Im huge unless you get a view of the back when you cant tell but still I WAS GETTING OUT OF THE CAR!!!!

At the moment I have my mum that answers the phone by saying "have you had him yet?" no hello, plus the daily text messeges saying "is there a baby boy for me to visit yet?" and others.

Annoying because it's like ppl think I'm going to sneak off and have my baby and not tell anyone until they ask. :rolleyes:

At the moment I have my mum that answers the phone by saying "have you had him yet?" no hello, plus the daily text messeges saying "is there a baby boy for me to visit yet?" and others.

Annoying because it's like ppl think I'm going to sneak off and have my baby and not tell anyone until they ask. :rolleyes:

One of Mike's uncle's ALWAY's asks me, soon as he see's me "have u had him yet" Mike's mum has to keep reminding me tho, the if I said yeah I have, he'd believe me :/

One of Mike's uncle's ALWAY's asks me, soon as he see's me "have u had him yet" Mike's mum has to keep reminding me tho, the if I said yeah I have, he'd believe me :/

Oh dear :dohh: lol xx

best is when he asked me when I was about 20week! :S

im munching on a big bar of aero right now :D

Ooooooooooooooh I want chocolate!! I think it was you that got me thinking about KFC earlier as well :haha: xx

Ooooooooooooooh I want chocolate!! I think it was you that got me thinking about KFC earlier as well :haha: xx

Yup i'v eaten my KFC, told you all i'd have to do is mention KFC to Mike and he'd want it, then tell him he can drive the car...he was out the door straight away :D
I'm going to have such a fat baby at this rate lol x

ARRRGHHHH!!!!!
In need of a quick rant and I hope u lovelies dont mind me doing it on here!

JUST had my mother on the phone, trying to get me to agree to her and dad coming over to stay untill I have the baby! NOW, before anyone reads that and thinks, well that is quite nice! MY PARENTS ARE PAINS IN THE ASS!!!!! lol. As much as I love them they are really hard work, and when riley was born they came to stay and had me cooking cleaning up after, food shopping for, and washing clothes for them when I should have been recovering from a 3rd degree tear! They just sit untill you do things for them, they wouldnt be here to help, they say that they see coming to visit us like their holiday!

We have also said that we dont want any visitors coming over to stay with us after baby is born, and that we will get the ferry over to england for a few days so that they can all meet the baby once he or she is born. and I think My parents have seen their arse a bit over this!
BUT I have good reason, in the time I have been pregnant Hubby has hardly been here at all, he has been away in Army training and in England on courses and this summer leave and paternity leave will be the only REAL family time we have had in ages! PLUS, when baby is about a 3-4 weeks old, he is being sent away to Kenya for 8 weeks, SO I know how precious this time together will be for us all!

Anyways, while I was on the phone to my mum, I could hear my dad in the background trying to whisper (rather unsuccessfully) that mum should suggest they come here to stay for a couple of weeks!!! I just said that we didnt need any help now that I had a sitter sorted for riley, and that we wanted to be together as a family for once!

Am I being a selfish hormonal cow?? Or should they understand how I am feeling and try to wait a few days after baby is here to see him or her?? I know its their grandchild but I cant even begin to explain how stressed I am at having such little time with Mat in the coming months! He will be deploting to Afghanistan within a year too, and for most of the next year before he goes will be away from home in training for that!

Just feel like I am being made to feel that I HAVE TO accept their offer to come and stay when I really dont want to! someone slap me if I am being hormonal and unreasonable! but at the minute the thought of having to entertain my parents for anything up to the next 2-3 weeks makes me wanna go hide under a rock!

I know! The "have you not had it?" comments started for me about a week or so ago! lol. I am getting close to snapping back and saying "YES I AM JUST STILL ROUND AND FAT AND PARANOID ABOUT IT" then ruin off crying in the hope they feel like crap for making me cry haha!

ARRRGHHHH!!!!!
In need of a quick rant and I hope u lovelies dont mind me doing it on here!

JUST had my mother on the phone, trying to get me to agree to her and dad coming over to stay untill I have the baby! NOW, before anyone reads that and thinks, well that is quite nice! MY PARENTS ARE PAINS IN THE ASS!!!!! lol. As much as I love them they are really hard work, and when riley was born they came to stay and had me cooking cleaning up after, food shopping for, and washing clothes for them when I should have been recovering from a 3rd degree tear! They just sit untill you do things for them, they wouldnt be here to help, they say that they see coming to visit us like their holiday!

We have also said that we dont want any visitors coming over to stay with us after baby is born, and that we will get the ferry over to england for a few days so that they can all meet the baby once he or she is born. and I think My parents have seen their arse a bit over this!
BUT I have good reason, in the time I have been pregnant Hubby has hardly been here at all, he has been away in Army training and in England on courses and this summer leave and paternity leave will be the only REAL family time we have had in ages! PLUS, when baby is about a 3-4 weeks old, he is being sent away to Kenya for 8 weeks, SO I know how precious this time together will be for us all!

Anyways, while I was on the phone to my mum, I could hear my dad in the background trying to whisper (rather unsuccessfully) that mum should suggest they come here to stay for a couple of weeks!!! I just said that we didnt need any help now that I had a sitter sorted for riley, and that we wanted to be together as a family for once!

Am I being a selfish hormonal cow?? Or should they understand how I am feeling and try to wait a few days after baby is here to see him or her?? I know its their grandchild but I cant even begin to explain how stressed I am at having such little time with Mat in the coming months! He will be deploting to Afghanistan within a year too, and for most of the next year before he goes will be away from home in training for that!

Just feel like I am being made to feel that I HAVE TO accept their offer to come and stay when I really dont want to! someone slap me if I am being hormonal and unreasonable! but at the minute the thought of having to entertain my parents for anything up to the next 2-3 weeks makes me wanna go hide under a rock!

No hun you sound perfectly reasonable to me. I don't even have a hubby that works away but I had to tell my dad and his family no to their offer to come and stay for a week on 16th Aug. Same thing, they are from Ireland so see staying with me as a holiday and I had to put my foot down, yes I felt guilty but so relieved when I had done it. I just couldn't face people staying at such a vunerable and precious time. You only get those first few days once.
Put your foot down hun, they will get over it and you will feel better xxxx

PS love your new piccy, your looking fab :thumbup:

Mercy, I wouldn't feel pressured into letting them come over! Just tell them you want family time with your little family, and that you'd take lot's of photos for them..or something.
I'v told my family and Mike's family that I wont be wanting visiters in first week or so as I want us to get used to being a family.

I have a sinking feeling that they will just go ahead and book flights once baby is born! They are 66, and 67 and, while I adore them, in large doses their particular brand of negativity and moaning takes its toll at the best of time lol!

Thankyou for understanding, it feels so reassuring to know that people understand and feel the same! I just feel like these next few weeks is my little Bliss bubble, before I have to start dealing with the fact that Mat is going back to Afghanistan! I get a nice few weeks of denial, before the training and reality kick in, if that makes sense x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->