****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Hey girls,
I'm prob doing this way too late but all I do is read everyone's posts and never say anything. Well I'm due the 30th and still not joined this so thought it was about time.
Hurry August :D
xx

ooh i'm due 31st :D

:hi: Hannie bean! Not too long to go now eh!

Poor Jasmak! They've really taken the mic recently with her haven't they! Bet she's all over the place...I know I would be! Hope we hear from her soon :hugs::hugs:

How is everyone this evening?

:hi: Hannie bean! Not too long to go now eh!

Poor Jasmak! They've really taken the mic recently with her haven't they! Bet she's all over the place...I know I would be! Hope we hear from her soon :hugs::hugs:

How is everyone this evening?

I have horrible back ache and my bump aches again :( Sat worrying about tomorrow aswel! :mad: Why my mind has to think like it does :/ (there's a post in GS), been and asked Mike to come in because i'm fed up of being on my own (he's in the shed, sorting out his train lay out!), he said he would, but still waiting...hope I manage to sleep tonight so I feel ok tomorrow!

You ok? x

Aw! Try not to worry, I know its easier said then done! Go and drag his arse inside!!!! Feeling good thanks, no more swelling today or pins and needles which is good!!

I haven't got the energy to drag him inside! Most women complain about being xbox widow's...Id prefer to be one of them then a train widow...at least he'd be in the same room as me on the xbox!

Lliena, how've things been going today?
Nik, boo to being sick again, hope you've felt better the rest of today and been able to enjoy the lovely weather! Seems out of line your folks demanding to visit... moggy's advice sounds good :)
Lou, glad you've had no more swelling, that must be scary! Nothing doing with the green papays, apart from a very yum meal, and probably the healthiest I've eaten in months!
Congratulations to Aisling, bearsbaby and babydeabreu!!
Flutter, hopefully baby behaves and makes an elegant entrance on Tuesday!
moggy, people aren't really asking me about if I've had it yet, I think cos I'm still not as overdue as I was last time... and they no better or I'll snap at them!! Although if they do ask I'm just trying to keep a sense of humour and tell them it'll be a while yet!
Danielle, I dread to mention it, but perhaps if you went and installed yourself in his shed he'd see sense and come inside!?
Poor Jasmak if they've bumped her section. She did say not to mention it on FB incase it didn't go ahead...
hanniebean, hi!! :wave:

This morning started badly when I stood on a wasp at breakfast time, bugger me that was sore, terrified Charlotte too with my screaming and crying. I was a wimp. My foot is still throbbing. She was sweet though, telling me not to stand in that bit of the kitchen :)

Well been to another new playpark this morning, then home for a snooze then late BBQ lunch, so we've been in the garden all afternoon, Charlotte charging around like a mad thing!

In a bid to remove an possible psychological impediment to me going in to labour, I've nearly cleared my to-do list - de-junked the shoerack, wrapped pressie from baby to C, just need to move some money online banking, and the only thing left is hang curtains which my mum and dad are doing...

He came in...finally!
He just doing me some toast because I'v started to feel really sick :(

and i know jasmak said to not mention it on facebook, that's why im abit confused if it is her or not.

He came in...finally!
He just doing me some toast because I'v started to feel really sick :(

and i know jasmak said to not mention it on facebook, that's why im abit confused if it is her or not.

Oh yeah, good point about FB, hmmm dunno!
Hope the toast helps:)

Ow Lucy bet that hurt I've never been stung by a bee or wasp in 27 years of my life, I must be lucky! Im alright had my sleep and bath still niggling away but still not enough to say I have a pattern or anything. Watch this I'll wake up one morning and be like aah need to push and baby will just pop out. Now that would be amazing :haha:

OMG Lucy I bet that was bloody painful! Poor you, sometimes you don't get all the luck! It was only last week wasn't it when you fell over?!

You've just reminded me though about something Moggy mentioned earlier and just wanted to ask those of you with LO's already on how you plan on introducing your LO to baby and what you have planned etc...?

Any advice?!?

Hi. Just had a message from JASMAK - she wanted me to update you all.

"I didn't have my baby. I got there right on time, and it was super busy. I felt really stupid for being there. The lady beside me in the assessment room just about had her baby alone, because they were that busy. She was 8.5cm and screaming she had to push when they finally paid attention to her and wheeled her into a room! We waited and waited. My OB came, checked me, said I wasn't ready and told me to go home! I felt so stupid and after all the medical mistakes and everything else, it was the last straw. I have been crying constantly since yesterday and I am so DONE with the hospital and my OB right now. I am seriously in such a funk right now. I am thankful that all is well, of course, but I don't understand how they could do this to me, after ALL that I have been through. I am either yelling at my hubby or bawling my eyes out right now."

Will update more as and when.
Anna.

Hmmm yeah? confuzzled myself about Jasmak! Just hope she is doin ok, whatever is goin on x With a bit of luck we'll have an update soon of news of her lovely little one x

Thanks Lucy, Feel a lot better since this morning, it was all very sudden and random! once I had been sick I felt immediately better! We have had a fairly lazy day! did some painting and playdough in the garden with Riley this afternoon, SO SO nice to see the sun for a while after the drizzle we've had!

Boo to the poorly foot, hope its soothed now! and Bless C for being so cute!

Just woke form a little snooze, (or a complete comotosed hour on the sofa), and now intend to wobble around on my ball for a bit! Getting some bulging and stabbing feelings down below so hoping it will relieve the pressure a little!

and HELLOOOO Hannienean!!!!!

Hugs to all x
Nik x x

Awww that is SO bad about Jasmak, you just wrote that as I was typing my last message, was really hoping things would have all turned out ok and baby would be here!
Sending tonnes of hugs her way x x

Hey ladies

congratulations to those mamas who have had their babies. Anyone feel close to pushing theirs out????

Well was really worried about Peter this morning. Could not get him to eat and just wouldn't settle. Took him to the walk in clinic where the doc checked him over. Said he seemed ok but gave us a suppository to help loosen him up as she thought there was a bit of stubborn poo blocking everything up.

Took him round to my moms so we could come back and get some sleep. Within 10 min of us walking through the door my mum rang to say he had done a poo 3 times!!!! He really is a different baby, had all of his milk, got his wind up and is now out for the count!

Health visitor is coming tomorrow so will speak to her about it and see what she says.

babyfrance, i've tried the water but he just wouldn't drink it. But i will keep trying though. Defo and early night for us!!!

Hope everyone is well though

xxx

Oh my god cant believe I am down to 20 days!!!!:happydance:

Dont get me wrong I am scared bout giving birth but cant wait to finally meet him.

Is anyone else fed up now? Finding everything a chore and exhausting. The baby is doing big somersaults and sticking bits out which is quite uncomfortable!!!

my baby girl will be here on wednesday, it feels so strange knowing that she will definatley be here....eeeekkk!!! cant wait xxx

Ow Lucy bet that hurt I've never been stung by a bee or wasp in 27 years of my life, I must be lucky! Im alright had my sleep and bath still niggling away but still not enough to say I have a pattern or anything. Watch this I'll wake up one morning and be like aah need to push and baby will just pop out. Now that would be amazing :haha:

Oh yes!! That would be awesome wouldn't it! Well, if you had time to get MW there or get to hospital!

OMG Lucy I bet that was bloody painful! Poor you, sometimes you don't get all the luck! It was only last week wasn't it when you fell over?!

You've just reminded me though about something Moggy mentioned earlier and just wanted to ask those of you with LO's already on how you plan on introducing your LO to baby and what you have planned etc...?

Any advice?!?

yeah that was me that fell over :(
i have no ideas on introducing C to baby... any advice greatfully received!

Hi. Just had a message from JASMAK - she wanted me to update you all.

"I didn't have my baby. I got there right on time, and it was super busy. I felt really stupid for being there. The lady beside me in the assessment room just about had her baby alone, because they were that busy. She was 8.5cm and screaming she had to push when they finally paid attention to her and wheeled her into a room! We waited and waited. My OB came, checked me, said I wasn't ready and told me to go home! I felt so stupid and after all the medical mistakes and everything else, it was the last straw. I have been crying constantly since yesterday and I am so DONE with the hospital and my OB right now. I am seriously in such a funk right now. I am thankful that all is well, of course, but I don't understand how they could do this to me, after ALL that I have been through. I am either yelling at my hubby or bawling my eyes out right now."

Will update more as and when.
Anna.

Thanks for the update, poor Tina, send our love.

Hmmm yeah? confuzzled myself about Jasmak! Just hope she is doin ok, whatever is goin on x With a bit of luck we'll have an update soon of news of her lovely little one x

Thanks Lucy, Feel a lot better since this morning, it was all very sudden and random! once I had been sick I felt immediately better! We have had a fairly lazy day! did some painting and playdough in the garden with Riley this afternoon, SO SO nice to see the sun for a while after the drizzle we've had!

Boo to the poorly foot, hope its soothed now! and Bless C for being so cute!

Just woke form a little snooze, (or a complete comotosed hour on the sofa), and now intend to wobble around on my ball for a bit! Getting some bulging and stabbing feelings down below so hoping it will relieve the pressure a little!

and HELLOOOO Hannienean!!!!!

Hugs to all x
Nik x x

Nik, hpe the ball helps!

Hey ladies

congratulations to those mamas who have had their babies. Anyone feel close to pushing theirs out????

Well was really worried about Peter this morning. Could not get him to eat and just wouldn't settle. Took him to the walk in clinic where the doc checked him over. Said he seemed ok but gave us a suppository to help loosen him up as she thought there was a bit of stubborn poo blocking everything up.

Took him round to my moms so we could come back and get some sleep. Within 10 min of us walking through the door my mum rang to say he had done a poo 3 times!!!! He really is a different baby, had all of his milk, got his wind up and is now out for the count!

Health visitor is coming tomorrow so will speak to her about it and see what she says.

babyfrance, i've tried the water but he just wouldn't drink it. But i will keep trying though. Defo and early night for us!!!

Hope everyone is well though

xxx

Philly, yay for poo!! Glad you got that sorted, must be so uncomfortable and the poor wee mites have no way of telling us what's wrong

my baby girl will be here on wednesday, it feels so strange knowing that she will definatley be here....eeeekkk!!! cant wait xxx

exciting!!

lol bobbed about on my ball for all of 5 mins lol. then got a call from an old friend I worked with in london.
Was lovely catching up with her. She is a breastfeeding counsellor and while we were chatting about baby etc, she suggested I try Expressing and freezing a little collostrum over the next week. She said that not only will it be useful should baby need scbu or should my milk take time to come in, but that it helps to stimulate the breasts to produce a good supply ready for when the baby arrives.
So a quick Google later and it seems a few hospital trusts are now reccomending this after 37 weeks as normal advice for those intending to breast feed!

Has anyone else tried this? I was dubious and didnt expect it to work at all, but I just got over 30mls out of my boobies! lol.
Had no uterine tightenings, which I know some people say can happen with nipple stimulation, and have just popped the milk into sterile syringes and into the freezer!

I think it has made me realise that I am actually going to have a baby, and be feeding again, and I am SO excited about hopefully getting it to go right this time!

Feel free to tell me I am a total nut job for trying it, but my friend said she advises a lot of ladies to do it at her feeding workshops! The collostrum that you get off apparently replenishes itself quite rapidly in preparation for baby so nothing to worry about there!

Just wondered what everyyones thoughts were on the matter x

Hi ladies, ive just had a quick catch up on the posts!!

both my little ladies are asleep so im having a quick catch up on here before a nice relaxing bath!!

Nikki, hope your ok hun and that things get moving soon!! Moggy was soooo right about focusing on the double cuddles at the end lol... i love giving my girls a good squeeze when i can pin abby down long enought hahaha!!

can barely remember what ive just read!

congrats to all new mums!!

Lliena, you really have been through the mill...i hope that LO makes an appearance soon :)

hugs to everyone and i look forward to logging on in a couple of days to read about looooads more babies hehe!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->