****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

lol bobbed about on my ball for all of 5 mins lol. then got a call from an old friend I worked with in london.
Was lovely catching up with her. She is a breastfeeding counsellor and while we were chatting about baby etc, she suggested I try Expressing and freezing a little collostrum over the next week. She said that not only will it be useful should baby need scbu or should my milk take time to come in, but that it helps to stimulate the breasts to produce a good supply ready for when the baby arrives.
So a quick Google later and it seems a few hospital trusts are now reccomending this after 37 weeks as normal advice for those intending to breast feed!

Has anyone else tried this? I was dubious and didnt expect it to work at all, but I just got over 30mls out of my boobies! lol.
Had no uterine tightenings, which I know some people say can happen with nipple stimulation, and have just popped the milk into sterile syringes and into the freezer!

I think it has made me realise that I am actually going to have a baby, and be feeding again, and I am SO excited about hopefully getting it to go right this time!

Feel free to tell me I am a total nut job for trying it, but my friend said she advises a lot of ladies to do it at her feeding workshops! The collostrum that you get off apparently replenishes itself quite rapidly in preparation for baby so nothing to worry about there!

Just wondered what everyyones thoughts were on the matter x

oh I may have to try this once I pass 37week's! :)
Not sure if I'll be able to breast feed with me having a breast reduction 2year's ago, but i'v been leaking a hell of a lot ! So I'm hoping that's a good sign. x

I think any earlier than now I might have been worried about stimulating the nipples into causing contractions, lol. as I have read that it can cause this. I cant believe that 30 mls came out! lol. It took me a while to be able to express that much after Riley was born, never mind before lol!

I think any earlier than now I might have been worried about stimulating the nipples into causing contractions, lol. as I have read that it can cause this. I cant believe that 30 mls came out! lol. It took me a while to be able to express that much after Riley was born, never mind before lol!

lol that's good. I need to buy something I could freeze it in before I do it, so I probs wont do it for a while :)

lol bobbed about on my ball for all of 5 mins lol. then got a call from an old friend I worked with in london.
Was lovely catching up with her. She is a breastfeeding counsellor and while we were chatting about baby etc, she suggested I try Expressing and freezing a little collostrum over the next week. She said that not only will it be useful should baby need scbu or should my milk take time to come in, but that it helps to stimulate the breasts to produce a good supply ready for when the baby arrives.
So a quick Google later and it seems a few hospital trusts are now reccomending this after 37 weeks as normal advice for those intending to breast feed!

Has anyone else tried this? I was dubious and didnt expect it to work at all, but I just got over 30mls out of my boobies! lol.
Had no uterine tightenings, which I know some people say can happen with nipple stimulation, and have just popped the milk into sterile syringes and into the freezer!

I think it has made me realise that I am actually going to have a baby, and be feeding again, and I am SO excited about hopefully getting it to go right this time!

Feel free to tell me I am a total nut job for trying it, but my friend said she advises a lot of ladies to do it at her feeding workshops! The collostrum that you get off apparently replenishes itself quite rapidly in preparation for baby so nothing to worry about there!

lol that's good. I need to buy something I could freeze it in before I do it, so I probs wont do it for a while :)

I'd be a little worried it might make boobs leak more, I'm glad mine haven't yet! Agree Nik expressing was hard work initially... might give it a whirl tomorrow, not tonight as need to find pump and steriliser...
Danielle, you can get pre-sterilised breastmilk storage bags from a big tesco/sainsburys or boots etc...

I am gunna use a take out container that I used Milton sterilising solution on to store my frozen syringes in, but the little milk storage bags you can buy are great! I used those with Riley too!

I think I might try again tomorrow, as I would feel a million times better should the baby need any extra top ups, if it were my own breast milk I could use!

Lol, I didnt think about extra booby leakage! Might pop a breast pad in when I go out in the morning just in case hahaha!

i think i'll tyr tomorrow then, once i find all the kit!
a b it of nipple stimual;tion can't do any harm at this stage!

here's my 41 week bump!!

Attachments

• 41_weeks.jpg
    41_weeks.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 41 weeks all round.jpg
    41 weeks all round.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 6

I'd be a little worried it might make boobs leak more, I'm glad mine haven't yet! Agree Nik expressing was hard work initially... might give it a whirl tomorrow, not tonight as need to find pump and steriliser...
Danielle, you can get pre-sterilised breastmilk storage bags from a big tesco/sainsburys or boots etc...

Thank's I'll have a look in boot's when i got to shopping centre in the week 2pick cot mattress up.
I always have a couple of breast pad's in my hand bag all the time, I tend to just leak at night tho :s

Lucy your bump looks as amazing as ever! And looking like there is some definate droppage goin on too :0)

Lucy your bump looks as amazing as ever! And looking like there is some definate droppage goin on too :0)

do you think so on the dropping~? i've never really understood exactly what that would mean, how dumb does that sound!! it certailny seems longer and lower forward or something i guess!

Yeah, the slope down from ur bust to the peak of your bump seems very steep! and the fullest point seems lower than before I think! Cant be a bad sign :0)

I am SO SO hoping things are moving soon for you! I wanna see what this little mini holywood looks like!

Lucy you def have dropped x

:) going to take my bump to bed now...

more babies in the morning please!!

Oh yeah, and tomorrow is the day DH predicted for delivery...
Boy, 9 Aug, 11lb! Wouldn't mind the first two...

i'm off to bed to, got court tomorrow :(
May nip on in the morning before I go!
finger's crossed to my back ache going away and a decent night's sleep!!

Night x

i'm off to bed to, got court tomorrow :(
May nip on in the morning before I go!
finger's crossed to my back ache going away and a decent night's sleep!!

Night x

Night chick, hope tomorrow goes ok, and the backache eases x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back