~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

I'm not even really thinking about my bag til I'm 34 weeks! For myself, pretty much just packing as for an overnight visit somewhere. Going to get a couple of new nightgowns; one for labour, one for after. I don't see a need for OH to have a bag... I'll just make a baggie of snacks for him in my bag and bring some coins for coffee or what not.

For baby, his bag is mostly done... we won't need a lot really! A few changes of clothes, blankets, diapers, wipes. We should only be in the hospital for one night!

Hi all, I haven't been on here in a while. :)

It sounds like everyone's just now getting the aches and pains right along with me. For me, it's the upper right side of my back. I think it's where the baby is pressing, though, because my ribs hurt in the same place. It's hard to get comfy!

I feel so hopelessly behind everyone else. I still haven't bought much. Nor do I know where I'm going to live when the baby arrives. It's making me so anxious.

Anyway, hope everyone has a healthy and happy week!

Gardens- where did you get your list? Would you share what you bought. I want to get started now because with Dh and I moving at the end of the month and then having a very hectic month next month trying to get unpacked and setting up our new place, baby's nursery and having a baby shower, I just want to be as prepared as I can. Just in case! Any advice on bag packing would be awesome! Thanks!

Gardens- where did you get your list? Would you share what you bought. I want to get started now because with Dh and I moving at the end of the month and then having a very hectic month next month trying to get unpacked and setting up our new place, baby's nursery and having a baby shower, I just want to be as prepared as I can. Just in case! Any advice on bag packing would be awesome! Thanks!

I used this one: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1027443-pack-hospital-bag.html

This one: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...00575-pack-your-hospital-bag-suggestions.html

and this one: https://www.hospitalbag.org/print-hospital-bag-checklist.PDF

Hope that helps!

I bought some of those maternity pads and disposable knickers for my hospital bag the other day - aren't they absolutely hideous :blush:!!? Still, needs must I guess!

I got a pretty matching set for after the birth - a lovely lilac nightdress, gown and matching slippers....I'm keeping it new until the day! I've got a different nightdress for labouring in - its black with red roses on so the colours are spot on for that job!

I felt a bit panicky up until now that we hadn't bought much but I've had a surge in buying a load of stuff this last couple of weeks - its mainly just the nursery furniture to go, which we'll do when we get back from holiday in late July. The baby won't be using her room from Day 1 anyway so doesn't matter if scheduling doesn't go to plan.

30 weeks today....final 10 to go! :happydance:

I didn't know we could use our own nightgown. I thought we were supposed to use the awful hospital ones?

Is anyone here planning on wearing makeup during the labour??? I keep reading about how common it is now and that was the LAST thing on my mind, lol.

I don't wear makeup on a day to day basis so I can't possibly imagine putting it on for labor! lol...maybe mascara afterward for pics though?

I can't imagine that I will wear make-up for labour! I would imagine it would end up smeared down my face anyway. I'll definitely bring some in the bag though for after I have my first shower. It was so lovely the last time to be able to put on some basic make-up and it definitely improves the photos!

Hi Polaris :hi:

Haven't seen you around in ages! Hope you're doing well! :)

Yeah I don't do makeup much as it is so none during labour or afterwards for me :) Maybe some coverup and lip gloss and eyeliner for after my shower. I'll bring them and see how I feel!

I've just been lurking without the energy to post much! Everything is good here but I am suffering with on and off exhaustion. I definitely don't remember being this tired with my first pregnancy - but I'm already about as big as I was at full-term last time - and I guess having a toddler to run round after probably contributes too! All is good though, hope all is well with you!

Hi Everyone - Today we went for our 28 weeks appointment with the high risk doctor. Both babies were moving like crazy, great heartbeats, Karissa weighs 2lbs 4oz, and Corinne weighs 2lbs 12oz, which they said are totally normal. I don't like the weight difference, but that didn't matter to them. My cervix has shortened a great bit. It was a 39 4 weeks ago, now it's at 25. The doctor didn't like that, along with all the other signs I am having. He hooked me up to the contraction machine, and I was having contractions every 3 minutes, even though I couldn't feel a lot of them. So, I have been admitted to the hospital. I was given the first steroid shot to help mature their lungs, which hurt like a bitch, and I am on an IV to try to slow down the contractions. I get the second steroid shot 24 hours later, so I'll be in here until at least tomorrow night. I'm hoping and praying the contractions slow down. I am not ready for these girls to come at 28 weeks. But, they are taking all the precautionary measures to make sure they are ready if they do come. It's so weird to be on the labor and delivery floor. I am doing good, a little emotional, but that's to be expected.

So, now it's a waiting game to see what happens.

Please be thinking about my baby girls!!!

Thanks for the update kc. I've been stalking your journal hoping for an update for the past few days so it's great to hear from you. You and your girls are in my thoughts!

KC, thinking and praying for you and the little ladies! I'm hoping that those little sweeties stay in there longer!! Thanks for updating us! I'm going to need to read your journal!

Hoping your LOs stay cookin!!!! Every day without a birth is a success then!!

I've just been lurking without the energy to post much! Everything is good here but I am suffering with on and off exhaustion. I definitely don't remember being this tired with my first pregnancy - but I'm already about as big as I was at full-term last time - and I guess having a toddler to run round after probably contributes too! All is good though, hope all is well with you!

I can completely empathise with this! Pregancy with a toddler is far more tiring. And I am also about the size now as I was at the end last time!

How are your iron levels?

Hi Everyone - Today we went for our 28 weeks appointment with the high risk doctor. Both babies were moving like crazy, great heartbeats, Karissa weighs 2lbs 4oz, and Corinne weighs 2lbs 12oz, which they said are totally normal. I don't like the weight difference, but that didn't matter to them. My cervix has shortened a great bit. It was a 39 4 weeks ago, now it's at 25. The doctor didn't like that, along with all the other signs I am having. He hooked me up to the contraction machine, and I was having contractions every 3 minutes, even though I couldn't feel a lot of them. So, I have been admitted to the hospital. I was given the first steroid shot to help mature their lungs, which hurt like a bitch, and I am on an IV to try to slow down the contractions. I get the second steroid shot 24 hours later, so I'll be in here until at least tomorrow night. I'm hoping and praying the contractions slow down. I am not ready for these girls to come at 28 weeks. But, they are taking all the precautionary measures to make sure they are ready if they do come. It's so weird to be on the labor and delivery floor. I am doing good, a little emotional, but that's to be expected.

So, now it's a waiting game to see what happens.

Please be thinking about my baby girls!!!

My friend had twin girls at 28 weeks in February. They were 1 lb 7 and 2 lb 6.
The 1 lb 7 was really struggling, apparently the plancenta had gone in to reverse so she had to have an emergency C Section.
They are both doing fine now, although the little one is still in hospital she is going to be okay and has been moved to the lower risk ward.
I bet even if yours come now, they will be fine. Good luck!

KC: Thinking of you and your babies. I hope everything goes well for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->