~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Thank you everyone! I was given 2 pain meds last night to put me to sleep, which was wonderful, and they were hoping it would stop the contractions, but it didn't work. An hour later they gave me a shot to slow them down, which worked until this morning when I woke up. They were 2 minutes apart last night, and now they're about 7 minutes apart, which is a lot better. I get my second steroid shot this evening, then will be monitored again all night since I contract more at night. If things stay stable, I will be able to go home tomorrow. But that all depends on how my body reacts to moving around, which they won't let me do until tomorrow. Right now I have bathroom privileges again, so I can go when I want and wash up in the sink, but then straight back into bed. I am also off food restriction, which is wonderful.

Good luck KC, keeping u & ur girls in my thoughts Xx

Glad to hear that your contractions slowed down a bit! Hope those babies decide to stay in longer! Are you still working or are you done already?

I am soo excited because I have my 3d/4d ultrasound on Saturday! I also have my 28 week appointment tomorrow. Im hoping that I passed my gd test but with my luck probably not. Can't wait to see what her little face looks like, and hoping she shows us and isn't covering her face.

KC - am thinking of you and your babies and hoping that they stay put a little bit longer, every day makes a difference at this stage. Great news that the contractions have slowed down, and at least you have had the steroid shots if the babies do come soon. Will you be on bed rest when you are allowed home?

UKCath - my iron levels are apparently fine, although they haven't actually been checked since 14 weeks, but they were very good at that stage.

I still have work until next Friday, but the nurse said today I will most likely not be going back, and will be on bed rest at home. She said no more sex because that stimulates the cervix to thin out, and not to sit straight up and down because it causes the babies to put pressure on the cervix which will also thin it out. So many things I never thought about!!! I get the second steroid shot in 15 minutes, which I 'm getting myself worked up about because it hurt so bad yesterday. I know I need to get it to help the babies, but I can still whine about it lol

whine away :D We will listen for sure.... bed rest sounds cool for the first minute, but then other than that it basically sounds horrible.

I forgot all about this place i mc'd in feb very bad times so not been on since just got back am feeling better now can you change my baby to an angel please :hugs:

kc- really hope they stay put a while longer BUT if they decide they want out, they will be fine. thinking of u and ur family and stalking for updates x x :hugs:

We had a little set back this morning. The contractions stopped last night, but started up again this morning 2 minutes apart. I've been put on a medicine to control them, which has made them about 7 minutes apart. Most likely I'll be in the hospital again tonight, unless a miracle happens and they totally stop. I have been moved to the high risk ward, which has a much comfier bed, and they finally let me shower!!!! :) Before they let me leave, I have to get the preterm labor test done again to make sure I haven't been leaking any membranes or fluids. If that is negative again and no contractions then I get to go home!! But that probably won't be until tomorrow morning.

28 weeks, the chances of survival go up to 90-95% :happydance:

Keep em cookin!!

I'm so happy we made it to 28 weeks!! The doctors said our next goal is to make it to 30 weeks. They want to take it 2 weeks at a time. 30 weeks sounds so much better than 28 weeks lol

Praying the girls stay in until at least 30 weeks but it's awesome that you are past 28! Good that you got a better bed so you are more comfortable!

Congrats on 28 weeks kc! Fingers crossed for 30 now! Keeping you in my thoughts...

kc, a friend of mine, due the day before me with twins has just had her babies. 2lb8 and 2lbs3 both are healthy and doing well. She had them at 28 +4. I hope this is encouraging news for you, either that or it gives you determination to keep them inside

x

I havn't been on this thread in a while, only just caught up on your story KC! My SIL knows a lady who gave birth to twins prematurely a few days ago at 30 weeks. They each weighed about 3 and a half lbs and are in good health with no serious complications. Sending you best wishes, I hope your girls stay put for a while longer :flower:

Flutterbaby: I'm sorry you had a miscarriage. Hugs to you.

KC: I'm glad they're holding up, hope they stay in there longer.

My baby is still in my ribs, he must enjoy kicking them or he wouldn't do it as much. :(

KC - Hoping those little girlies stay in longer!!

I finally have a name! Marley Anastasia. I'm so in love with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->