~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

I havn't had the 'pleasure' of the baby kicking my ribs yet but he seems to LOVE laying by my right hip. Not sure if it's his upper or lower body but it tickles so much every time he moves, it makes me jump!

had my gtt done today at midwifes, lovely lol.
antenatal went well baby is measuring 30 weeks and is head down, said she is a sizable baby lol x

on a less happier note, my daughter libby is plastered in chicken pox and last night my mum decided to break the news to me that i had never had them :wacko:

told the midwife today and she has sent off some urgent blood samples.

the only reason it scares me is cos my only uncle was still born at 39 weeks with chicken pox :cry:

hope everyone else is doing great x

yikes spiceeb. Hope the bloodwork comes back alright. My mother had chicken pox while she was pregnant with me and I'm perfectly fine - well, maybe a little weird but aren't we all? lol :haha:

I was born immune to chicken pox even so I've never had it but I had my antibodies tested in middle school and again before ttc to confirm I'm still immune. It definitely worked out in my favor, especially since my dad has had really bad chicken pox seven times!

yikes spiceeb. Hope the bloodwork comes back alright. My mother had chicken pox while she was pregnant with me and I'm perfectly fine - well, maybe a little weird but aren't we all? lol :haha:

I was born immune to chicken pox even so I've never had it but I had my antibodies tested in middle school and again before ttc to confirm I'm still immune. It definitely worked out in my favor, especially since my dad has had really bad chicken pox seven times!

well how dramatic has today been. had a phone call from midwife saying i was not immune to chicken pox according to the lab. had to go collect 4 bottles of injection stuff from the hospital and take them to midwife to administer in my bum i kid u not. but least panic stations r now over and we can all relax :)

kc, a friend of mine, due the day before me with twins has just had her babies. 2lb8 and 2lbs3 both are healthy and doing well. She had them at 28 +4. I hope this is encouraging news for you, either that or it gives you determination to keep them inside

x

Thank you so much! That is encouraging.

I've been discharged from the hospital!! It feels so great to be home. I am on medicine every 6 hours to hopefully keep the contractions away. I am also on bed rest. I'm allowed to get up to use the bathroom, eat, and shower. However, I am allowed to float in the pool if I am laying down, I can lay outside, pretty much I can lay anywhere. That is the nice part. I'm not allowed up to prepare any meals, so someone always has to be here to make food for me, or have it already made so I can just get it out of the fridge.

Right now, the hardest thing is coming home and doing nothing. I've been gone for 4 days now, and so much needs done around the house!!!!! My mom came in from out of town to help out, so she is cleaning and doing laundry for me now. I hate that I can't do anything. Oh well - it's better for the babies!

I am scared though that I am going to start having contractions without knowing it again. I didn't know last time I was having them, so how am I going to know next time if I start having them again??? That's a little scary.

So glad to hear that your are home KC! Been thinking and praying for you and the girls! I would be scared about not realizing that I was having contractions as well. Just rest up and take your medicine. That's all you can do! You are a warrior women, I would have been freaking out that whole time but you seem like you are in good hands with your doctors and family to help you. Everyday the stay in your belly is a success! Grow babies grow!

I agree with Happily, seems like you can only do what you can do, and you can't worry about the rest! They wouldn't have discharged you from the hospital if they were really concerned, after all they have to cover themselves too.

Take it easy! ^_^ Luckily you know that this bedrest is going to have a purpose AND definitely has an end in sight.

Hi Ladies!
I had my 3d/4d ultrasound today and it was amazing! Stella was head down and actually moved around quite a bit for us. We got alot of amazing pictures, here are a few. She actually looks alot like both of us.
BABY PICTURES_27.JPGBABY PICTURES_28.JPG
BABY PICTURES_30.JPGBABY PICTURES_39.JPG
BABY PICTURES_40.JPG

Hope you are all doing well!! :)

What wonderful pics!!!!! I can't wait till we meet these babies... It feels so far away!!

Your pics are amazing, the fourth picture shows just how tight it is in there now with her feet right up by her face....how sweet! Not long to go now, nine weeks for me on Tuesday!!

Wow Candy! 9 weeks!!! That's crazy!!!! I think 11 weeks from tomorrow for me. We finally are to the final cOuntdown.

Yeah she put her foot in her mouth a few times. And held onto the umbilical cord like it was her blanket. The sonographer thinks she will want a blanket or pacifier. She was sort of quiet when we got there but I ate a Hershey kiss and 5 min later she was crazy active! Sugar apparently kicks in super quick and she was loving it.

9 weeks left until due date for me today! I am starting to get some of my nesting instincts which I got last time I was pregnant as well! Still waiting for the building work to be finished in my daughters room and then I can go mad decorating and sorting that and then re organising the nursery ... dont think we will actually be 'ready' for the baby to come until towards the end of July as there is so much to do but then I will be really looking forward to her arriving!

Hope everyone is ok x x x

Just under 10-weeks to go for me! Yesterday I finally started to get organised & actually made some good purchases, we've nearly bought everything now - just got to organise the nursery! Starting to get excited & it's all beginning to feel real!

hi ladies mind if i join you im not sure if i did a few months back but wanna try n keep up with other aug mamas2be! im 29 expecting our first baby, a little boy on aug 24th all has been going great with my pregnancy loving it all lol!we tried for 3 .5yrsand had a mmc last july so it makes it all worth it when i feel him kicking or little hic-ups :) hope u all are doing well too on your pregnancies only a few more weeks to go til we meet our precious babies! :D :happydance:

Welcome!!

Sometimes it feels so close... but most of the time this is crawling by for me... Nine weeks for me on Thursday. Can't wait to be full term!!

Welcome!!

Sometimes it feels so close... but most of the time this is crawling by for me... Nine weeks for me on Thursday. Can't wait to be full term!!

hey!thanks hun im not too far behind you! i think its flying by i finished work almost 4 wks ago due to work n docs orders, although i find the mornings long trying to keep myself busy n oh is home then by 3.30/4pm so then its not too bad i spose,lol!any1 else get rib pain the last 2 nights sat was right rib n then last night it was left rib was sore enough baby was kicking away so wasnt worried,

i am on the countdown to july 4th for my 4d scan and then on july 5th i get my section date. they looking at delivering around 37-38 weeks so hopefully i only got 8-9 weeks to go :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->