~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

35 week Dr. Appointment tomorrow. He is doing another growth u/s. It has been 5 weeks since I have seen my Dr. I did have an u/s at 32 weeks but that was not with my dr ( I was bleeding). I have been really swollen and crampy. I also have had a harder time breathing. Glad that they will check my bp tomorrow.

I don't know if my dr will do another scan. I asked for one at 32 weeks to double check gender just to be sure but she wouldn't do it until 37 weeks. And at that point, I'm wondering why bother exposing her to more ultrasounds right? I don't know. I'd love another one but not sure it's reasonable still. I'd also love to get an estimate of size but is that really accurate? And if she's big, do I really want to know? lol.

I think she's beginning to drop too. My belly isn't plastered to my boobs anymore and is starting to slope downward more. It's still really high but not quite as high as it was. And I'm noticing I have to use the restroom way more often too. (ugh) Every night this week I've woken up every two hours with terrible cramps and my bladder is ready to explode. :(

I'm so ready for her to be here! She just has to wait until after our camping trip in two weeks, preferably until after August 2nd when I'll be 37 weeks and she'll be "full term".

I know I will not be getting another scan! I have gotten over it though! :D :D I just selfishly want to see her and know everythings totally fine!!!

Oh can you believe we are turning full term here soon? August is truly upon us....

Last night DH goes "you know, you should really pack your hospital bag"

HAHAH He's usually not the "prepared one"

Guess that means I really should pack my hospital bag!

lol, Mine has been packed since 33 weeks! :) It's not completely done but done enough if she came now. And I keep it in my car with me so it's always available. I plan to work until I deliver so if I for some reason go into labor at work, I'll be prepared!

.. And just like that the morning sickness has disappeared again (not that I'm complaining!) Sorry to hear about your sciatica Lyrics, my OH had it for a while last year and I know he was in a lot of pain - definitely not what you need during pregnancy :hugs:

I've just blown my gym ball up and have been rocking on it from side to side while watching TV, it's *so* much comfier than the sofa. Can really feel it working on my lower back. Definitely my new favourite place to sit!

Definitely! I've just been browsing the Third Tri forum and found that another lady who was due to give birth in August has just had her little baby girl - click here to view the thread. Our time is truly dawning on us!

omg! Its nuts isn't it? I had another prenatal appointment today! My baby is head down but not descended into the pelvis! (I could SWEAR my bump has dropped but nope!)

I can't believe it! :D We are getting so close! Soon we will be finding out exactly when our baby's birthdays are!

:wohoo:
Ah I've just had one of those moments where it hits me that in a few weeks I'll be holding my little boy in my arms and staring into his beautiful eyes :cloud9: I can't wait!! 5 weeks seems so near yet so far, we still have so much to do (havn't even started decorating the nursery yet as we've just had the walls re-plastered so we're waiting for it to dry!)

Does anyone's babies like to move around to music? I guess because I sing (theater major) my baby is more exposed to it, but he always goes crazy when I start playing music or sing. I hope he likes it. I told my boyfriend I'm going to try to teach him tap dancing as soon as I can. Hope I'm not warping baby too early on, lol.

I am still in limbo in terms of setting baby stuff up. The people who have I'm curous: what did you use to store baby items and how? Did you hang baby clothes up or not? Thank you! :)

Ladies,
I just wanted to stop by and quickly fill you in. I won't go into detail, as I don't want to bring down the mood of the thread.

My husband and I were in a tragic car accident May 19th. We were not at fault. The trama from the accident caused Grayson Anthony to be born at 25w3d. He lived for 12 mins, all of which I was unconscious for. I spent 29 days in the hospital and have just started to grieve at home. I know time will heal, and we hope to continue our family next year, when it is medically safe for me again.

Everyone on this board has been great, from TTC to BFP's, from morning sickness to U/S photos... I'm going over to the 2nd tri loss boards now, looking for that same support system.

Good luck for all you ladies that will hold your babies come August, hold them tight... life can change in an instant...

Thats really heartbreaking, especially as you never got to enjoy those 12 minutes with him - we all assume losses happen in the first tri but this thread has proved it happens all the way through for one reason or another. I hope you are able to find inner peace and are able to have your family when the time is right for you again - so sorry.

Just a thought on the weight indication given at scans (a couple of pages back) - this is only an indication based on the measurements they see, they cannot weigh the baby in utero so its really a wild guess and is often not at all accurate. I've had many scans throughout this pregnancy due to being high risk and each sonographer has said you can't tell the weight from the scan, you can only guess. So please don't worry about whether you think your baby is too light or too heavy, or compare to others because you might be beating yourself up over nothing if its not what you want to hear :flower:

They will know from the measurements of limbs and head circumference etc whether there is cause for concern.

I'm very curious to know what weight mine will be as both my husband and I were close to 9lb when born ourselves :blush:......hoping I don't end up giving birth to a turkey! :haha:

Ladies,
I just wanted to stop by and quickly fill you in. I won't go into detail, as I don't want to bring down the mood of the thread.

My husband and I were in a tragic car accident May 19th. We were not at fault. The trama from the accident caused Grayson Anthony to be born at 25w3d. He lived for 12 mins, all of which I was unconscious for. I spent 29 days in the hospital and have just started to grieve at home. I know time will heal, and we hope to continue our family next year, when it is medically safe for me again.

Everyone on this board has been great, from TTC to BFP's, from morning sickness to U/S photos... I'm going over to the 2nd tri loss boards now, looking for that same support system.

Good luck for all you ladies that will hold your babies come August, hold them tight... life can change in an instant...

:cry: I am so sorry...no words. Just :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->