~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Good morning ladies.

So this morning I noticed some (sorry tmi) yellowish discharge, kind of gooey and sticky. Do you think this may bey mucous plug starting to come out a bit? I have a doc appointment today at 1:30 so I will ask her about it. Other than that I just feel very uncomfortable. Seattle has been in the high 70's low 80's the past week or two and I sweat all the time now. Not to mention I have been taking lukewarm to cold showers just to lower my body temp. It's unbearable in my house. Ugh. Anyways I hope you all are doing well. Hope to start seeing more this is it threads in the next couple weeks.

Wow! I am shocked by the amount of support in this thread. It is greatly appreciated!!!

I love this thread! :D :D

Gardens-

Yeah I even slept last night with my feet elevated!! But I got a call from my doctor's office today and apparently I have vaginitis? I don't know whether to be embarrassed or not, so oh well. Apparently its fairly common in pregnant women, and I just take antibiotics for it. Maybe that's why I had a couple contractions and whatnot. Seems fairly simple... I use the cheapy-cheapy soap from walmart on my whole body, so I'm wondering if that's the culprit. Its got a fragrance, and I'm sure its got all those chemicals and whatnot. I think I will try switching soaps to see if it comes back. I haven't had any symptoms though!

Apparently it is possible that it possibly can cause preterm labor, but its been debated? That's what I have been reading online. Anyway best just to take the antibiotics, its fairly simple anyway.

Sorry for the extra long posts! DH made me promise to take it easy today when he saw my ankles and knew about my bp from the last checkup, so I have been so bored...

Haha thanks for the tshirt love girls! Unfortunately I've only had it for two weeks but I've already managed to stain it with lovely orange lasagna sauce splodges, so it's strictly a tshirt for wearing around the house now :dohh:

Hope&faith - What did the midwife say? Any improvements in the situation? Glad to hear her heads engaged!

Gardenofedens - I won't be doing anything to try to bring out baby, just gonna let him come on whichever day he decides he'd like to have as his birthday :)

Katrina - I don't know if it was a clearout but I seem to be over it now which I'm grateful for! I've been on my knees painting the lower half of the nursery wall today and have noticed an increase in BH, but I'm hoping that's just due to the position I was in. I feel really tired tonight too so hopefully it was just a stomach bug and I can sleep it off :D Sorry to hear you're rundown and swelled up! I don't have any decent advice to offer but hope you feel better soon :flower:

Quiros - It's good to hear you and your husband have talked things through. And you're pregnant, you're allowed to get a little crazy sometimes :p

Happily - That definitely does sound like your plug! You have my sympathy for the heat over there, I HATE heat! Can't imagine being pregnant and having to put up with it. Luckily here in the UK it's a typical summer, damp and rainy..

Sounds like a mucous plug to me! Woot Woot! Yayyy! I cant wait to lose mine but have a feeling I wont until delivery is underway. Anyways, congrats and let us know what the doc said!

Does sound like a plug to me... good luck!!! They say you can lose it whenever though.. hopefully it means you won't go late!! :D :D Fx'd!

I'm so glad this thread is chatty today!! :D :D I wonder when we will all give birth...

Hey all -

No progress on the iron front for me .... my midwife was fuming with the consultant but she doesnt have the power to overrule him. It turns out the iron tablets he wants me to take actually have less iron in them than the ones I am taking so he really doesnt know what he is talking about! So basically I have to keep taking the iron for two more weeks and if no progress I will get an iron transfusion or something. I have decided tho that tonight I am going to pack my hospital bag as babies is done and I just need to do mine just incase she decides to come early!

Its exciting to see so many of us at a similar point in our pregnancies. I cant wait to start seeing baby pics!

I can't believe that your consultant did that.. makes me so mad!!! I want to just... eeeerrrrgggghhhhh... and less iron? Really? Some people need their heads checked!

I'm also packing my hospital bag! :D :D Last night DH was like "I'll pack my own, don't worry about it" but I know if I don't then I'll be in early labor and he'll be like, 'oh I need to pack my bag hang on' and I'll be like "oh no you don't!!"

lol! I will just secretly pack his and then tell him "oh I packed it already!!"

Lily's is already packed, just a few more onesies and sleepers to pack. I have plenty of blankets and her teddy bear.. what all are you all taking for the baby? My hospital provides diapers, so I don't need to take that...

[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the warm welcome! I will continue to update and hope to read everyones updates as well! I am due August 12 so your calculation was very close.
[/QUOTE]

Updated to the 12th for you :happydance:

Good morning ladies.

So this morning I noticed some (sorry tmi) yellowish discharge, kind of gooey and sticky. Do you think this may bey mucous plug starting to come out a bit? I have a doc appointment today at 1:30 so I will ask her about it. Other than that I just feel very uncomfortable. Seattle has been in the high 70's low 80's the past week or two and I sweat all the time now. Not to mention I have been taking lukewarm to cold showers just to lower my body temp. It's unbearable in my house. Ugh. Anyways I hope you all are doing well. Hope to start seeing more this is it threads in the next couple weeks.

sounds like it! i also had a redish pinkish discharge that fell in the toilet after going to the restroom. I feel you about the weather! i live in texas we have been blessed with rain for past week but its usually in the high 90's here!. i stay in as much as i can!!! hope all goes well at your dr app.

Yeah I know, amazing! :happydance: Had my consultant appointment today and all went well - baby is now engaged and position is good for a normal delivery! :happydance:

sounds like it! i also had a redish pinkish discharge that fell in the toilet after going to the restroom. I feel you about the weather! i live in texas we have been blessed with rain for past week but its usually in the high 90's here!. i stay in as much as i can!!! hope all goes well at your dr app.
Oh god bless you! I miss Texas! Hook Em! Lol.

That's awesome! Baby is head down eh? Do you know if she is posterior atm? I heard they can turn that way still, but its hard for them to turn to be head down and whatnot...

Wow! I am shocked by the amount of support in this thread. It is greatly appreciated!!!

I love this thread! :D :D

Gardens-

Yeah I even slept last night with my feet elevated!! But I got a call from my doctor's office today and apparently I have vaginitis? I don't know whether to be embarrassed or not, so oh well. Apparently its fairly common in pregnant women, and I just take antibiotics for it. Maybe that's why I had a couple contractions and whatnot. Seems fairly simple... I use the cheapy-cheapy soap from walmart on my whole body, so I'm wondering if that's the culprit. Its got a fragrance, and I'm sure its got all those chemicals and whatnot. I think I will try switching soaps to see if it comes back. I haven't had any symptoms though!

Apparently it is possible that it possibly can cause preterm labor, but its been debated? That's what I have been reading online. Anyway best just to take the antibiotics, its fairly simple anyway.

Sorry for the extra long posts! DH made me promise to take it easy today when he saw my ankles and knew about my bp from the last checkup, so I have been so bored...

Sounds like a fancy term for a yeast infection to me...? I'd never had a yeast infection in my life before getting pregnant and have now had one per month since 4ish months along. It's awful! Dr says it's something to do with the increased estrogen? They better go away after delivery or I'll be pounding on her door...

Good morning ladies.

Sounds like a bit of the plug. I don't think that has much correlation with when delivery will happen but still seems to mean you're getting closer! :)

I'm in CA where we usually have pretty mild weather and even that feels HOT. This week is great at low 70s but it's been so horrendously hot when it's in the 90s or higher the past few weeks. It's positively miserable. And poor DH doesn't get it - every time it's hot he wants to go kayaking. Sorry honey but I do NOT want to sit out in the hot sun in a kayak on a lake we can't even swim in! Plus I've become even more susceptible to sunburning which I didn't think was possible. Frying in 15 min was normal, now it's even less time even with sunscreen. Anyone else having that problem? Doesn't help I'm so super fair skinned. :(

Yeah I know, amazing! :happydance: Had my consultant appointment today and all went well - baby is now engaged and position is good for a normal delivery! :happydance:

Lucky duck! I will feel so much better when Abigail has turned! She's still transverse.

Hey ladies :)
I definitely think baby has FULLY engaged now. My hips are so painful! We went for a 3 mile walk today to Subway, and on the way back we had to stop every few stops while I had a contraction! OH gave me a lovely massage last night so I actually slept a bit better and my back's eased up a little bit. The midwife at the hospital was worried I might be having a back labour because of the amount of pain I was in (I could still feel it after morphine injections), but couldn't tell for sure, so I'm hoping I just have an achey back! Lol.

How are all of you? Getting close now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->