~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

wow a 3 mile walk.. good for you! lol! Hopefully your pain eases up... but also hopefully it means something~!

sounds like it! i also had a redish pinkish discharge that fell in the toilet after going to the restroom. I feel you about the weather! i live in texas we have been blessed with rain for past week but its usually in the high 90's here!. i stay in as much as i can!!! hope all goes well at your dr app.
Oh god bless you! I miss Texas! Hook Em! Lol.

Aww we can switch if you'd like! Lol I've never been to Florida. Woo we live right in the city of burnt orange ;) our dog is even named BEVO lol. DH is obsessed

Hey ladies, wow what a lot I've missed! Welcome quiros, and I'm glad to see things are progressing for others!

As for me, I've been feeling sick for the past few evenings, still taking an anti-sickness tablet every morning as I have hyperemesis, but this evening I actually threw up my dinner! Vomiting & bladder control are tricky in 3rd tri! 😊
Also, I've been concerned about reduced baby movt the past few days - I can't work out if baby is moving less or because my daily routine has changed since starting annual leave before maternity leave! I've downloaded an app to my phone to keep count - fingers crossed it'll all be ok!

Thanks for reading 😄

Good luck skelleron.. it is really frightening when I wonder if my baby is moving the same!

Quiros/evoluv - I actually grew up in TX! :D Near Dallas (a suburb north of Dallas called Allen, its close to plano) But I went to college at OU, so.... :D I bought that onesie before I knew I was pregnant!!!! LOL!!!

Our babies will be born in time for Football season though :D :D

Hey ladies, wow what a lot I've missed! Welcome quiros, and I'm glad to see things are progressing for others!

As for me, I've been feeling sick for the past few evenings, still taking an anti-sickness tablet every morning as I have hyperemesis, but this evening I actually threw up my dinner! Vomiting & bladder control are tricky in 3rd tri! ��
Also, I've been concerned about reduced baby movt the past few days - I can't work out if baby is moving less or because my daily routine has changed since starting annual leave before maternity leave! I've downloaded an app to my phone to keep count - fingers crossed it'll all be ok!

Thanks for reading ��

It's scary when you think they aren't moving as much! Abigail has been really quiet the past 2-3 days and I'd sit with my hand on my tummy and wait to feel her move. Today she is going CRAZY though so my guess is it was just another growth spurt which explains why I've been so hungry and tired the past 3-4 days. All the books do say that the movements begin to slow around now and that our babies are sleeping 90+% of the time now. Even in their sleep, they're moving a bit though. I didn't feel nearly as many kicks/jabs the past few days but gentle swaying movements which I can only feel with my hand on my tummy...

Good luck skelleron.. it is really frightening when I wonder if my baby is moving the same!

Quiros/evoluv - I actually grew up in TX! :D Near Dallas (a suburb north of Dallas called Allen, its close to plano) But I went to college at OU, so.... :D I bought that onesie before I knew I was pregnant!!!! LOL!!!

Lol - I bought pink 49ers jammies for Abigail long before we ever got pregnant too! :)

Wow, I missed a lot even from this morning!

I had my doctor's checkup today. I am 34 weeks tomorrow but she says I'm measuring at 36. And two weeks ago at my last visit I was right on track. Does that mean he's going thru a growth spurt?

My baby is really pressing on my ribs. They really are quite painful and I'm swimming for two hours a day now. It's the only thing that helps. (Plus side is that I'm really active and managing weight gain, minus is that I constantly smell like chlorine :D )

AND my doctor ok'd my vacation. :)

Everyone hang in there! Babies are coming!

Aww we can switch if you'd like! Lol I've never been to Florida. Woo we live right in the city of burnt orange ;) our dog is even named BEVO lol. DH is obsessed
Florida is not all its cracked up to be!!! I thought I was moving to a tropical paradise....nothing but rain since we've been here (3 months) and the hottest it has gotten is 92 (weak!). There is hardly any sunshine ("the sunshine state") and there are lizards and bugs EVERYWHERE because of all of the rain. Id rather be in the cool a/c in the 110 degree dry Texas weather! Its a tropical depression out here. Hopefully at some point, we will have an enjoyable trip to the beach!

Wow! I grew up in The Colony and graduated from TCHS in 97! Im familiar with Allen although until recently its been "out in the sticks" like The Colony used to be. Now its a good shopping town!

As for me, I've been feeling sick for the past few evenings, still taking an anti-sickness tablet every morning as I have hyperemesis, but this evening I actually threw up my dinner! Vomiting & bladder control are tricky in 3rd tri! 😊

Thanks for reading 😄
Thanks for the welcome and good luck with the kick counts! Everything will be okay! :smile:

Wow, I missed a lot even from this morning!

I had my doctor's checkup today. I am 34 weeks tomorrow but she says I'm measuring at 36. And two weeks ago at my last visit I was right on track. Does that mean he's going thru a growth spurt?

My baby is really pressing on my ribs. They really are quite painful and I'm swimming for two hours a day now. It's the only thing that helps. (Plus side is that I'm really active and managing weight gain, minus is that I constantly smell like chlorine :D )

AND my doctor ok'd my vacation. :)

Everyone hang in there! Babies are coming!

It's possible - all babies grow at different rates! :) At my last appointment I was 32+4 and measuring just under 31. My next appt is this Friday at 35+1 so we'll see how much Abigail has grown! I don't know when drs start checking cervixes but I'm going to request it this time if she doesn't because I want to be sure I'm not at all dilated before our camping trip. Being in a tent at a campsite with 120 people (DH's 6th grade students and their families no less!) 3-4 hours to the closest Kaiser...I have to be certain I'm no where near risking delivery!

Question....

I know that BH are sparatic practice contractions and I know that they will go away by changing positions and hydrating.
However, tonight I started with some contractions around 7pm. Since then, my husband came home from work, we had dinner, I hydrated and have been alternating laying down and walking around. The contractions are NOT going away.
BUT they are not consistent or rhythmic in any way either. Im a little confused. Nothing ever happens to me by the book. It always has to have an extra variable!! :dohh:
Its useless to call my doc because they never call me back in a timely manner (2 days later) and my husband just went to bed so he would be well rested for work tomorrow.
I dont know what to do. :shrug:
Any advice? ](*,)

If your doctor is unreliable, can you call the labor ward of the hospital you're going to go to? Sometimes the nurses/residents there can provide some answers. You're pretty close to full term... maybe its the start of early labor!

I know what you mean with the extra variable. I swear I have felt a contraction, and I feel the lower part of my stomach and it will be rock hard but the top of the abdomen won't be... I usually have two or three of these every night.

Whatever happens, you can always go to labor and delivery and get checked out. (you could always TELL them that it was rythmic, then get checked out bc of this, then you would at least know.)

I agree it could be the very starting of early labor but it could also be nothing. I plan on staying home for as long as possible. The protocol at our hospital is to come in when the contractions are every 3-5 minutes apart lasting for 60 seconds and have been as such for at least an hour...

That's awesome! Baby is head down eh? Do you know if she is posterior atm? I heard they can turn that way still, but its hard for them to turn to be head down and whatnot...

Yep head down, she was transverse throughout until she turned at 31 weeks and has stayed there ever since. She is facing my back which MW said is best position to have :happydance:

As for engagement, well I noticed my bump had dropped - it wasn't stuck under my boobs like it was before :blush: Also I can feel a constant grinding on the top of my cervix which takes my breath away at times, its like a sudden bee sting feeling. I am also peeing more and my hips really, really hurt at night in bed. Oh and also you can't help but walk like you've crapped yourself :blush: (as in waddling!).

I really don't want to go overdue as I am so impatient at the best of times....knowing I have 3 and a bit weeks to go is fine but add two weeks late to that and 5 and a bit suddenly sounds unbearable!

Its so exciting hearing 'this is it' stories - I am keeping an eye on the ones in this thread so I can update the front page but if anyone sees any of our ladies post 'this is it' anywhere else on the forum can you alert me to it so I can update the page?

Emma - I am watching yours very closely as think you will be next by the sounds of it! :happydance: Good luck and keep smiling through the contractions :flower:

Quiros, my hospital is the same as what gardenofedens has said - they want you to be contracting at certain gaps/duration before they take you in but there is nothing wrong with giving them a call to ask for some advice.....maybe you will be our next 'this is it'!

Quiros, my hospital is the same as what gardenofedens has said - they want you to be contracting at certain gaps/duration before they take you in but there is nothing wrong with giving them a call to ask for some advice.....maybe you will be our next 'this is it'!

I actually made it through the night. Not much sleep but no baby. The contractions have calmed way down so baby is staying put for now. As anxious as I am, its a good thing baby gets to roast a little longer. I can tell you though that this is going to be the longest 3 weeks of my life!

Goodness I'm in agreement there. My doctor doesn't let us go a week past our due date, so I know that I'm in for at most about five more weeks, but it really really feels like too much. Last time the doc said the baby was head down but hadn't descended into the pelvis yet. Ugggh come on baby!

Katrina, go for long walks - thats what I was doing and it obviously worked for me! She wasn't at all engaged at 34 weeks but 2/5 palpable at 36 weeks exactly. Walking helps the natural position of your pelvis for the baby to drop into - I was pretty slow walking but it was nice to do anyway. Are you sitting upright, forward and open when you watch TV and stuff? I'm getting a bouncing ball this week to make sure she stays put!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->