~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Good idea! I should run to the store and buy one of these balls to bounce on. If nothing else it can give me something to do!

That's awesome! Baby is head down eh? Do you know if she is posterior atm? I heard they can turn that way still, but its hard for them to turn to be head down and whatnot...

Yep head down, she was transverse throughout until she turned at 31 weeks and has stayed there ever since. She is facing my back which MW said is best position to have :happydance:

As for engagement, well I noticed my bump had dropped - it wasn't stuck under my boobs like it was before :blush: Also I can feel a constant grinding on the top of my cervix which takes my breath away at times, its like a sudden bee sting feeling. I am also peeing more and my hips really, really hurt at night in bed. Oh and also you can't help but walk like you've crapped yourself :blush: (as in waddling!).

I really don't want to go overdue as I am so impatient at the best of times....knowing I have 3 and a bit weeks to go is fine but add two weeks late to that and 5 and a bit suddenly sounds unbearable!

Its so exciting hearing 'this is it' stories - I am keeping an eye on the ones in this thread so I can update the front page but if anyone sees any of our ladies post 'this is it' anywhere else on the forum can you alert me to it so I can update the page?

Emma - I am watching yours very closely as think you will be next by the sounds of it! :happydance: Good luck and keep smiling through the contractions :flower:

I have a funny feeling I'm just going to be in slow labour for weeks and go overdue!

Contractions are getting more painful, and I think I lost the majority of my plug last night, although there was no bloody show so it could mean absolutely nothing! Fed up with waiting! Although I'm glad I'm actually only a few days off being full term. And he's had his steriods :)

just a really quick update from me.

i had baby monitored again and her neartbeat has stopped dropping so it would seem she has managed to move her cord from whereever it was getting trapped. clever baby :happydance::happydance:

all panic appears to be over and looks like i can stay the distance upto my delivery date 20th as of now x

thanks for all ur lovely messages x x

Emma - Sounds like the big day isn't too far off for you - I'm a little bit jealous! Keep us updated :)

---

I think my OH is nesting! Last night out of the blue, after a 12 hr shift at work, he decided to tidy the dining room from top to bottom. Which is totally out of character for him. Then he put up guards on the door frames to stop the babies fingers from getting trapped and spent an hour polishing and re-polishing his work boots. He was also going to put up some blinds in the nursery window but fell asleep before he had chance, bless him :laugh2: Maybe he's realised that the baby is due a month today - how on earth did that come around so quickly?! Feels like only yesterday I found out I was pregnant!
He's inspired me to spend today tackling the spare room, which at the moment is full of clutter that doesn't really belong in any particular room, and will also involve sorting through my pre-maternity wardrobe and deciding what to donate, throw away and keep.. what am I letting myself in for :dohh:

And do you remember that TMI situation I had two days ago ladies?? Well I STILL have it! So I don't think it's a stomach bug. But I also don't think it's a clearout (if it is, it must be the lengthiest one in history). It is bloody irritating though!

Spiceeb - Only just read your post! That's brilliant news, I'm so happy for you :flower:

It's time ladies!!! My water broke around 2:30am. Were waiting on the nicu to be ready then its baby time!!

Ooh exciting! Best of luck to you and your girls. Keep us up to date!

Good luck KC!

Cin - who knows? Maybe it is a signal for early pre-labor! Perhaps you will be one of those that is in early labor for a while... hopefully it all goes very fast for you! Its so cute that your OH is nesting... where can I get that?

Spice- that's wonderful!!!

Going to buy the rest of Karlee's baby things tomorrow. I am so excited :) Also, 36 week doc appointment and getting to see if I have started dilating. :happydance:

Yay KC!! Baby time!!

Spice- so good to hear baby is okay!!! Smart little one you have there!

My boyfriend is "nesting", too. Cleaning what will be our space like mad, all hours of the night. I can't do some of the work, but he wants to do it anyway.

I feel horrible, though. I had a major hormonal breakdown yesterday. I said some pretty mean things, too. (Like tell him to not eat potato chips or he'll gain weight - I should talk) I have to make it up to him, poor guy. I feel awful about it. :( Especially because he's always been so good, too.

Katrina - Haha so long as it doesn't hurt I'd be happy to be in pre-labour for a while! I've started losing my plug today, only tiny little bits and I know it means nothing and can continue for weeks but it's the first 'proper' sign I've had from my body that I'll be giving birth soon so I'm all excited about it :haha:

Lyrics - :hugs: I'm sure he knows to put it down to pregnancy hormones and that you didn't mean it. Could you treat him to something special as a way of saying sorry? Cook him a slap-up meal or something like that :)

That's wonderful! I haven't lost a bit of my plug, so there's not a chance I've dilated at all or anything! I have a prenatal appointment today so I plan on a proper update afterwards.

Can't wait to hear it! We're all at such an exciting stage now :happydance:

I havent lost any of my plug ... but then I didnt when I was in labour with my daughter until I was contracting regularly. Well so much for signs I was going to go into labour, still getting lots of braxton hicks but I cant see them leading anywhere! I am trying to prepare myself that it could well be another 3 - 5 weeks which just feels like such a long time!

Lyrics - I wouldn't worry about your OH ... mine gets so much stick at the moment I think last night I told him he was chewing too loudly and being really annoying. I certainly am hormonal!

Hope everyone is ok x x x

I haven't lost any of mine either. I am having more BH though, especially at night for some reason. I'd think they'd go away more when lying down but I wake up to them about every 60-90 minutes all night long and only notice a few during the day...maybe I'm just too busy at work to notice them then though.

I'm 35 weeks along with 35 days left! Hopefully less though. I'm really hoping she's ready to come a week or two early!

Well I went to the doctors and my bp was pretty high, and I was swollen/leaking proteins, so here I sit on my phone!

Ah no! Are the docs going to run anymore tests? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->