~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

They took my blood and it was mixed, so they think they will send me home with the lovely pee jug!

So what can you guys tell me about this cleansing process? Im curious to know the details. This is my 3rd pregnancy but Ive never had a chance to experience all the symptoms. Besides my youngest is 7 years now and I may have forgotten a few things. Anywho, Ive heard of ladies having a cleansing before they go into labor. Since Tuesday, Ive had strong contractions and have had bouts of diarrhea. Tonight was the motherload (sorry for the TMI but it had to be said). Im getting anxious.

I found that a couple of days before my first my body got rid of everything if you see what I mean! But this time I haven't felt well for a few days with loose stools (not sure if it's Diorrea!) but no idea if it's a sign or not ... I will be 37 weeks on sunday so I am happy for her to come whenever she is ready! I have a feeling she might keep me waiting though!

Katrina - Fingers crossed that everything turns out fine, keep us updated.

---

Have any non first-timers tried eating dates in late pregnancy to make labour shorter and if so, did it work?? I've had a link to this study in my bookmarks for a while but pretty much forgot about it until it suddenly popped into my head that I'll be 36 weeks on Sunday. I havn't eaten dates for years, used to totally hate them but I'm willing to give it a go if they make as much difference as the study suggests!

I've had loose stools since week 35 - I have just put it down to my body prepping itself. Up until week 35, I actually noticed that pregnancy has improved my regularity so I was quite happy about that. :happydance:

Quiros, in answer to your question, a lot of ladies find their body cleanses itself in the weeks/days leading up to labour so you don't have intestines full of poop when you go in to give birth :haha: - I can happily put up with loose stools as long as it stops me pooping during the birth - how embarrassing would that be!! :blush:

Eagerly awaiting news from KC on the twins! :happydance:

Our girls arrived yesterday!! Karissa Ruth was born at 8:40am, 4lbs 11oz, 16in long. Corinne Morgan was born at 8:42am, 5lbs 2oz, 17in long. They are both in the nicu, and doing better. Karissa has had an easier time. Corinne is having problems breathing, but seems to be doing better. I was able to hold Karissa for the first time last night at 11 and fed her. It was truly amazing!!!! I'll post pictures once I have my laptop.

Our girls arrived yesterday!! Karissa Ruth was born at 8:40am, 4lbs 11oz, 16in long. Corinne Morgan was born at 8:42am, 5lbs 2oz, 17in long. They are both in the nicu, and doing better. Karissa has had an easier time. Corinne is having problems breathing, but seems to be doing better. I was able to hold Karissa for the first time last night at 11 and fed her. It was truly amazing!!!! I'll post pictures once I have my laptop.

OMG congrats, this is soooo exciting now!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

KC - Congratulations! Any idea when you'll be able to take them home? Can't wait to see some photos!

Oh wow KC - that is so awesome!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Thanks so much everyone :D :D I love this thread so much. Just gotta drink as much water today as possible so I can pass that test!

KC - Congrats! Cant wait to see pics!

We will be 37 weeks on Sunday as well and I think I may be just over analyzing every little thing in hopes that "all signs point to yes" lol!

Mild spotting anyone?

I don't know if I should be concerned or not. DH and I had some fun last night and then this morning we had our 35 week appt and they did the q-tip swab for GSB. I had brownish discharge before the appt and then started mildly spotting afterward with light cramping. I put a panty liner in around 11am and just had a few reddish-brown blotches by 7pm. No clots. Seriously not very much spotting at all. I think it must be from the q-tip swab or from last night, right? What do you guys think? I think it would be WAY overreacting to go the ER at this point. DH and I leave for our camping trip at 6am Monday morning so I can't make another dr appt until after the 30th either. If the spotting gets worse, I'll definitely call the 24-hr advice nurse of course but at this point, I think even that would be over the top...?

Oh and Abigail is still moving around regularly, her heartbeat was fine this morning at the appt too.

I would bet that you were fine, but I bet that you could call your OB and they tell you the same thing! Then you could be for sure. I bet they tell you that you're fine though!

Ive heard that both intercourse and vaginal exams can cause bruising to the cervix which in turn can cause spotting. Its the bright red blood you have to worry about. I would still call your OB to see what they say but it should go away. Good luck and have a safe camping trip. I hope your taking a cot to sleep on. There is no way I would be caught sleeping on the bare ground while pregnant. Lol.

KC - huge congratulations on the birth of your twins!!

Gardenofedens - I think it would be worth a phone call to your ob or the labour ward, but I'm sure they will simply put your mind at rest.

Cin - I'm definitely going to get me some dates, I like them anyway so it will be no hardship! Hadn't heard of that one before but it surely can't do any harm and the results sound very positive!

Hahaha I don't know if I could sleep on the ground anyway but definitley not while pregnant! :haha:

We are hardcore campers, lol. Tents, no mattresses, sometimes not even in a tent to enjoy the stars...BUT I did make dh buy me a mattress for this trip. We tested it out on our camping trip last month and it was heaven so we will definitely be using it again this time, lol! And now that I've been spoiled with a mattress while camping, we may just have to keep using it, hehe

And an update, I'm still spotting brownish discharge. No more cramping and can still feel Abigail moving regularly

Camping is awesome! We are hard core campers too. We camped a lot in Texas. Summertime is our favorite time to go. Theres nothing like 110 degree sun, bbq and a big lake nearby. We havent done any for the past few months that weve been in florida though. Im afraid of the gators. Pregnancy is the only time I have ever insisted on a mattress. We even ban the kids from texting, video games and ipods. Its good family time!
Im glad the cramping has stopped at least. Did you get a hold of your OB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->