~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Well it's the last night of our camping trip. I've done miles and miles of hiking every day and am still feeling great. The discharge and plug bits continue and the bh are getting stronger. No distinct pattern so we should be all good until we get home. I will be so much more relaxed about the possibility of her coming early when we are back home! (knowing my luck she will still be late though, lol)

quiros-sorry to hear you are in so much pain...

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hey ladies!
Just wanted to share that I finished Stellas nursery finally and posted the pictures!

https://https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/1112821-stella-noelles-nursery-finished.html

Can't believe that august is next week!

Happily- beautiful nursery! Very jealous as my LO won't be getting a nursery until our house is finished with remodeling

Well after a long 2 hours of bouncing and swimming laps in the pool yesterday and maybe DTD ;) I woke up this am with pinkish brownish discharge in my undies! Went away after 2 hours but here I am almost 12 hrs later with more of what looks like my plug! So Im starting to lose it. Just very nervous bc with DD I lost it one day and following night I lost waters! Hoping this isn't the case only bc I have my 2nd baby shower with my side of the family! Hope he stays put at least until Sunday night!!

Hey ladies!
Just wanted to share that I finished Stellas nursery finally and posted the pictures!

https://https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/1112821-stella-noelles-nursery-finished.html

Can't believe that august is next week!

I can't open the link for some reason, says its broken?

Hey everyone -

Evoluv - I wish I was losing my plug!

No symptoms here at all really at the moment ... still feel like my pelvis is being split in two and get occasional cramping but I have definately gone from thinking this baby is going to come early to thinkingshe is probably going to take after her sister and come late unfortunately.

I am waiting for my midwife to call me back with my blood results as well - hopefully my iron levels will have come up enough so I can have my birth at the midwife led unit in my town rather than having to travel but I have to see my useless consultant on Tuesday as well which will be another waste of time!

Cant believe it is August on Wednesday and more and more babies will be arriving!

Happily - Love the nursery, especially the crown above her name and the matching furniture. We're in the middle of decorating ours, hoping to get it finished by tomorrow night. :D

Evo - Ooh that's exciting! I'm a bit jealous. Here's hoping he decides to stay put til after Sunday for you!

Candy Cane - Same here, I had to click on the 'Find more posts by this user' button

Hope&faith - I hope your iron levels have increased, having to travel would be a pain in the backside.

---

Nothing to report here really, think the baby's going through a growth spurt as I'm constantly hungry. I'm craving roast chicken right now, mmmm! Also I'll be full term tomorrow, woohoo :happydance:

So Friday morning, I woke up with contractions from hell! I thought I was being split in two. I was having pains every 10 minutes. By the time I got to the hospital, they were every 5-6 minutes. They checked my cervix and I was only 1cm dilated. Arrrgghhhh! So I walked around the hospital for about an hour (contracting like crazy the whole time). When I get back to the room, its like the contractions completely disappeared. Im kind of glad though. These obviously were not contractions but they did come in waves. From my history, I know that I can handle contractions until at least 3cm comfortably. Im guessing it must have been from taking my first dose of iron pill. No more for me. Ill have to take a transfusion instead. I made sure to eat it with a big meal and had plenty of foods that would make passing through a lot easier and it still hurt like the dickens.
Since Ive been home, the real contractions are coming every 20 to 30 minutes now. Im not sure what to do. Does this mean Im in labor? Im not so sure now. Im afraid their gonna go away if I go to the hospital. I know I need to wait until their 5 minutes apart so Im gonna wait as looong as possible.
I plan on doing a lot of walking! :winkwink:

That's exciting news Babyquiros!! Sending lots of labour dust your way :dust: Can't believe how many August mummy's are having/have had their babies!

Quiros I don't really know what advice to give as never had a baby before but if it were me, I would call my midwife and ask their advice, can you do that?

Quiros I don't really know what advice to give as never had a baby before but if it were me, I would call my midwife and ask their advice, can you do that?
Yeah, Ive talked to plenty of doctors and since the ER visit, Ive stopped contracting. Im gonna continue to walk and bounce on the ball and pray! This is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life!!!

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I had our mini vacation. It was very nice and we had lots of sex... I hope a night of sex is ok for the baby? No blood or soreness, so I'm assuming all is well?

But I beat him in mini golf - I'm never letting him live it down that his pregnant girlfriend beat him at something. :D

I couldn't sleep at all last night....so painful on my hips and couldn't get comfortable and kept having the worst BH. I finally propped myself up and slept sitting up. As of this morning, I was still in pain and not sure what from...lots of cramping and sometimes it felt like contractions, sometimes it felt like gas. I've been in and out of the restroom all day as well. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but maybe this is the start? My contractions are getting stronger and more consistent. They're about every 7-10 minutes now...DH and I DTD earlier and just got back from a 2 mile walk. Now I'm resting to see if they continue or if they stop...it's been about an hour and they're still about every 7-10 minutes...

Lyric- glad you had a good time! Im sure the sex was fine, Dh and I did this morning, first time in a bit. My only worry with me was that it was good for the first few minutes and then got really uncomfortable.

Gardens- oh exciting, sound like your getting there! Will be thinking and praying for you and the bubs!

I have had a horribly sore back that keeps going away and coming back. Seems to have subsided but I'm still uncomfortable. Our one year wedding anniversary is tomorrow and hopefully we will be celebrating over dinner. Still trying to figure out what to do for my Hubby. We aren't going crazy cuz money is tight but I don't want to do nothing! Tuesday we have my 36 week appointment and maternity pictures. Soo excited!

Well my Lo stayed put for my 2nd baby shower!! We are all set just waiting on him!! I kept losing mucus this weekend must have been from not sitting my ass still lol. I have my 36 week app this tues! Thinking about asking to schedule induction date! They will allow it at 39 weeks not any sooner unless medical reason of course. My DD starts school for first time this year on the 27th so I want to be mobile... At least to walk her to her classroom door! She is growing too fast :cry: I'm going to be a mess with post partum hormones, excitement and fear for her!!!

Well ladies our month is finally here! Soon enough we will all be posting our "THIS IS IT" stories :happydance:

Well like some of the other ladies I have been on and off the toilet all morning. Not getting my hopes up at all at the moment though as it could just be something I have eaten. My OH is on a training course a few hours away today but my daughter is going to my mums tonight for a 'sleepover' so it would be perfect if baby could decide to come tonight whilst she is away (this obviously wont happen as my daughters are obviously awquard and she probably will keep me holding on for another 3 weeks! )

Anyway I have a few bits and pieces to get done today and my little girl has a party to go to at lunch time.

Hope everyone is ok x x x

Good for you lyrics. My DH won't come near me now that he knows how low LOs head is. I think it freaked him out a bit. Probably best though as I am not quite sure I could manage it!

I wish me and hubby could do the deed :winkwink: and so does he, but it feels a lot like grinding gears and then snapping them :nope:
I know its supposed to help things along but Im gonna save my last excrutiating attempt for my next moment of insanity :wacko:
So whos gonna have the next dream come true???

Still laboring at home for a few more hours. Contractions now about 4-5 min apart for the past 5 hours or so. Waiting til they are about 3 min apart and then hospital time. haven't been able to fall asleep all night though...so jealous of dh snoring next to me!! Lol

Still laboring at home for a few more hours. Contractions now about 4-5 min apart for the past 5 hours or so. Waiting til they are about 3 min apart and then hospital time. haven't been able to fall asleep all night though...so jealous of dh snoring next to me!! Lol
Oh, how exciting garden!!!
Good luck, rest and keep s posted if you can!
Dont forget pics

DTD is the last thing on my mind right now, especially considering I burned the whole of my lady garden last night trying to use hair removal cream :blush: All I can say is thank goodness for Sudocrem!!

I'm so jealous of all you ladies with labour signs, all I've had is an increase in BH and slight cramping. Wishing you all very easy and joyful birthing times :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->