~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Am I correct in my understanding that menstrual cramps means you are dilating and/or effacing??

Am I correct in my understanding that menstrual cramps means you are dilating and/or effacing??

Not necessarily. I've had them since 32 weeks and I have no movement and am not in labour! My cervix has not dilated at all.

Only your OB can tell you. Although you are more than 37 weeks so you mw could check.

Not necessarily. I've had them since 32 weeks and I have no movement and am not in labour! My cervix has not dilated at all.

Only your OB can tell you. Although you are more than 37 weeks so you mw could check.
Aww man, that just bursted my bubble. Lol. I am 1cm dilated but dont go back to the doc until friday. Arrgghhh, I was hoping that these cramps meant something. Guess Ill just put that one back in my bag of complaints....my poor hubby!

I'm glad the sex is ok, then! We used lots of lube to help, though.

My stomach is feeling queasy today, too. Though I"m pretty sure it's from the rich food I ate this weekend. Oh well. Taking it easy today. :)

I'm excited about everyone being so close!!! :D

Quick update-we are officially admitted to the hospital! Abigail will be here soon!

DTD is the last thing on my mind right now, especially considering I burned the whole of my lady garden last night trying to use hair removal cream :blush: All I can say is thank goodness for Sudocrem!!

:haha::haha::haha: This really made me laugh! Sorry it shouldn't do and I hope it's not too painful but I couldn't help having a chuckle at how you'd written it :blush:

No signs for me yet but I seem to have had a sudden increase in gas (top end not the bottom end thankfully) :blush: Anything I eat is causing me huge discomfort and huge burps. I can feel undigested food sitting on top of my bump and when I get up from the chair, I feel it bubble and gurgle further downwards :cry: The other night I got really bad acid reflux and ended up with a mouth of sick.....so disgusting :cry: I have had gas throughout this pregnancy but just seems to have got a whole lot worse all of a sudden? Anyone else experiencing this?

candy cane - I get that feeling too. and often end up with a mouth of sick :sick: Not nice at all

gardenofedens- :happydance: good luck. cant wait to see pics and hear about it!

Aww man, that just bursted my bubble. Lol. I am 1cm dilated but dont go back to the doc until friday. Arrgghhh, I was hoping that these cramps meant something. Guess Ill just put that one back in my bag of complaints....my poor hubby!

Sorry!:dohh: didn't mean to burst your bubble! Just going from my experience. If in doubt chek with your midwife. At 32 weeks my mw did panic I was in labour but checked me and it was just baby getting himself cosy in my pelvic area. Same when the pains got worse last week!

good luck garden of edens - hope you have a good labour.

Hope everyone is ok.

Garden - Congrats! Hope everything goes smoothly :D

Candy Cane - Haha no worries, even I managed to see the funny side (though admittedly not when I was desperately trying to empty my bladder as little as often last night) and my OH thought it was hilarious! It's healed now though thank goodness!

--

TMI but I think I'm having an actual clear out today, needed to go to the loo after everything I've eaten so far. I've definitely noticed an increase in BH and cramps too. Here's hoping it's a sign that baby will be here soon, though I'm not holding my breath..

Cin - fingers crossed they all sound like positive signs for you.

On the subject of DTD me and OH are currently doing it every night although I dont actually think its doing any good.

I also had a phone call off my consultant today he doesnt want to see me again as my iron has come up a bit yet not enough to have my baby at the midwife led unit so I am going to have to travel 40 mins to the hospital whilst in labour. Fingers crossed baby doesnt arrive in the car as I had a quick labour last time!

I'm not sure if my stomach doesn't like me, or if I am indeed having a clearout? Either way, it's annoying and uncomfortable.

I'm hoping my boyfriend may get a job. He had his second interview today and is optimistic. If so, it would be wonderful because I've been nervous and scared about this. I just wanted him to get a decent job so I really hope this works out for us.

I'm following this thread a couple times a day now. Hope everyone's doing well!

Good luck Gardenofedens - so exciting that Abigail will be here so soon!!

Morning everyone - well I had an annoying night was sure I was in labour at 2 had contractions just like I had when it started first time but it all ended in nothing and I have woken up again with no symptoms. Very frustrating.

I love this group, can you imagine us all in the same room together if we met up - we'd be taking it in turns to use the toilet for a clear out, burping, contracting and all sorts! How funny :haha::blush::haha:

Hoping all is going well for garden of edens today, waiting for another update to the front page!!! :happydance:

This is ridiculous, I'm barely 37 weeks and already over-analysing every little sign that labour is drawing near!

Nesting - check (though may be more to do with the fact our house resembled a pig sty barely habitable by adults let alone a baby until I cleaned it this week);
Finding it difficult to sleep - check (not helped by the fact my OH was snoring next to my ear last night);
Clear out - check (though it's calmed down today);
Back ache - check (probably due to sitting on the sofa instead of my gym ball);
Cramps and BH - check (probably related to my increased intake of EPO and RLT this week)

Going to drive myself insane if I carry on like this for another 3+ weeks :haha:

Cin - I am exactly the same ... every little thing I think this could be it and its not! Very frustraing I may actually go mad before this baby arrives!

Hope everyone is ok x x x

I keep having contractions, and everyone's sure it's 'it', my mum, OH, etc. But I always know they're going to wear off! I get them every 3-5 minutes, lasting a minute, but they always die off! It'd be painful enough going through it once and having a baby at the end of the night, let alone 3 times a day resulting in nothing! I'm just hoping that it's doing something, so by the time it is 'it', I'm already at least a few cms!

Oh, this is so exciting. All off us are so close. The suspense is killing me. :flower:

I finally have some good news. The baby has dropped!!! I feel so light, I can breathe so much better and I can actually feel my ribs again...its amazing!!! Although I will say my pelvic area feels more dense but thats a good sign right! The lower abdominal cramping has increased which surprisingly has me excited too. I finally have a sense of accomplishment and progression. The ball has really helped me. For now on, no more couches, no more chairs. Wherever I sit, the ball is under me!!! Im bound and determined to rock-a-bye this baby out!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->