~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

OMG i am offically jealous! The full moon must have done something to a lot of ladies! Good luck quiros!!!! cant wait to hear an update:flower:

Happily - Awesome photos!

Quiros - Fab news, keep us updated. Good luck!

Good luck quiro!

And I like the maternity photos. I wish I could get some done, but we don't have money really. Either way, I like them a lot! Sometimes they look cheesy but these are very nice!

I love logging on to see if anyone else has had their babies yet! So exciting - and makes it seem very real! On the one hand I am a little bit jealous but on the other hand I'm hoping baby stays put for another week or two as I am SOOO not organized. Still don't even have hospital bag packed. And really want to give the house a thorough clean too as I know I won't feel like doing it once LO is here! Last day in work tomorrow before maternity leave - yay!!!!

well just a quickie, baby is still transverse but got midwife in the morning so hopefully she'll get my date brought forward, either than or i am being admitted tomorrow untill section date of 20th and then the 3 days after :(

Just a quick update from me: I had my 38-week midwife appt today, all is well and baby is 1/5th engaged (4/5ths palpable) which isn't much but it's progress from 2-weeks ago! I have another appt in 2-weeks to see how I'm progressing!
Hope everyone else is holding up ok!

I am soooooo jelous of everyone having their babies! I held a friends 4 week old little girl today and it mademe so desperate for my little girl to arrive although I have now prepared myself for going well and truly overdue! My daughter was late therefore I have no reason to believe this little tinker will do anything different! But hopefully its a maximum of 3 - 4 weeks at the most!

I am jealous too especially when all my friends already had their babies for weeks/months... :wacko:
Hate the waiting. I dont think this thing about raspberry leaf tea or spicy foods to quicken up the labour doesnt really work... Baby just cant make an appearance too late. The latest can be 3-4 days lol

Off up the hospital in the morning. Had contractions for 4 weeks, the last 5 days have been really regular. Every 10 minutes to every 3. Hurting so bad as well. Can't sleep or eat or anything! And I'm so swollen!
Told the midwife yesterday and got told the usual of 'take paracetamol'. Well 1) I have been and they do f*** all, 2) I've been taking them for 4 weeks now, which can't be good for me or J!
I have an irritable uterus as well, which makes the contractions even more painful. And they've said they won't even think about inducing me until 40+14.
My mum's told me to just go up there and kick up a fuss until they do something. I'm not coping any more :(

I have to say, I am officially jealous seeing pictures of people who were due after me with their babies *cough* gardenofedens and katrina :hissy:

lol - I'm sorry Emma! Hope your Julian comes soon! While I was in labor with regular contractions, I couldn't eat because the two times I did it made the contractions stop completely and I had to wait for my body to digest the food and then start contracting all over again. It was terrible. I can't imagine going through all of that consistently for four weeks now! I would also be LIVID if the doctor expected me to wait until 42 weeks before inducing...that's crazy! Good luck!

Quiros - Good luck hun, hope you're doing well!

Polaris: I understand how you feel about not being prepared!!! I want him to stay as long as possible... but it's not up to me. Ugh, the waiting game really, really sucks!!!

Baby Abigail arrived this morning! More info in journal...

good luck to all!

Congrats Gardens! Front page updated :happydance::happydance:

Thank you candy cane. Abigail was actually born on July 31 at 3:09am if you don't mind updating the front page again. Hope I can still post in the fireflies group! :)

Have updated for you - its to do with the time difference between the countries because when I checked your post, the timing stamped on it made it the day after so if anyone else from outside the UK has a wrong date, can you let me know?

Hey Candy Cane,

Hope it's not too late to add me :) I'm due 21st august.... Wow this is a big thread, I've got a lot to catch up on lol x

Oh I'm team blue ;)

1 hour till midwife, please let them deliver next week x x x x x

Can I be added on your august fireflies team please hun? Due 24th august team yellow :) xxx

Spiceeb - Thinking of you, let us know what they say :hugs:

--

Welcome Krystal and Newbride!

I can totally relate to still not feeling prepared for baby's arrival. At the moment there's nothing more I want than to hold my little boy in my arms BUT at the same time, I don't feel the house is anywhere near ready. It's strange because I'm normally a totally laid back, go with the flow type of person. Now I just want everything to be ready, in it's place and perfect!

Hello ladies!! May be a little bit late as i was due yesterday but can i join you? :)!! So anxious to find out whether im team blue or pink, hurry up baby!!! Xx

I'm due August 25th, team yellow! Getting a bit nervous about it all now, we are in the middle of decorating & the house is such a mess. The baby has no room of its own & has stuff in every room, tucked away. I finally packed my bag yesterday & I'm hoping we can build the crib this weekend, just in case! Anybody else just as unprepared?!

Baby Abigail arrived this morning! More info in journal...

good luck to all!

Congrats Gardens! Front page updated :happydance::happydance:

Thank you candy cane. Abigail was actually born on July 31 at 3:09am if you don't mind updating the front page again. Hope I can still post in the fireflies group! :)

Have updated for you - its to do with the time difference between the countries because when I checked your post, the timing stamped on it made it the day after so if anyone else from outside the UK has a wrong date, can you let me know?

Oh yea, that makes sense! Sorry about that and thanks so much for correcting it...

For the last few months all we have been doing is decorating the house and hallway it took such along time I have hardly had chance to think of being pregnant. There are still a few bits to do like doors being glossed etc
I said to myself I can't wait for the house to be finished so I can relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy which is my last one! But I keep finding new things to do lol. I decided my bathroom needed touching up and that my kitchen cupboard doors needed a bit of a makeover :haha:
This pregnancy has gone super fast for me because I have kept myself so busy! :wacko:
Hoping for a home birth this time had a scan yesterday to check baby is definitely head down and she is, and I have now packed a hospital bag (just incase) I cant believe that im 37weeks today cant wait to meet my baby :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->