~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Wow we've had lots of new members come over to the thread today, I have updated the front page for you all, those who sent PM's and those who have asked on the thread. Welcome to you all, do post and tell us how you are doing - we're finding the thread is getting most exciting now that August has finally arrived!

Hi to all the new members!!! :)

Dumpling: I am not ready. We are JUST getting the baby's room ready now. We're hoping to get the crib and the basics in early next week. And I'm moving in, too, so lots of busyness! I hope baby hangs on until we're ready. I do have my hospital bag packed, though.

What are foods that are good to eat when you have bad heartburn? I don't want to eat anymore as the heartburn sucks, but I know I need to with the baby.

Hey girls,

Not sure if anyone remembers me but I was meant to be due in August but it was not meant to be.. But I wanted to pop in and say congrats to those who have had their babies and good luck to all the girls who will be expecting their babies soon.... Xxxx

I decided today that rather than waiting and counting down the days until LO makes an appearance I am going to make plans and spend the time doing stuff I want to do and trying to not think every little pain or movement is labour and not worrying about staying close to home.

If i dont I am going to go crazy with waiting! Plus I know I am big and heavy and it takes me a while to do stuff but this is going to be the last few weeks for a while that I can do me stuff! Its my birthday tomorrow and I didnt plan anything in case (after 2 early labour scares) I went in to labour early. Now I regret it!

So I am off to make plans for tomorrow no matter how last minute they are! :dance:

I wish my family and friends lives closer to me so I can make plans :( my family lives about hr and half away and with gas prices it's too expensive to just come and go everyday! Instead I'm here constantly wondering "if this is it" DH family lives near us but I don't fancy them nor do they me so I'm stuck at home! What else can I do to keep myself occupied and not think about when it's gonna happen

Evoluv, both mine and my DH's families live at least 1 1/2 hour plane journey away so I can sympathise x

Hey girls,

Not sure if anyone remembers me but I was meant to be due in August but it was not meant to be.. But I wanted to pop in and say congrats to those who have had their babies and good luck to all the girls who will be expecting their babies soon.... Xxxx

So sorry to hear that - you were so supportive to people here, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you this time :hugs:

Hi to all the new members!!! :)

Dumpling: I am not ready. We are JUST getting the baby's room ready now. We're hoping to get the crib and the basics in early next week. And I'm moving in, too, so lots of busyness! I hope baby hangs on until we're ready. I do have my hospital bag packed, though.

What are foods that are good to eat when you have bad heartburn? I don't want to eat anymore as the heartburn sucks, but I know I need to with the baby.

Try drinking warm milk for your heartburn - it's helping me loads. I can't drink milk by itself but have it as hot chocolate and it works well for me. I also found moving to liquid Gaviscon has helped me loads too - I was taking tablet form Rennies before which helped for all of ten minutes before it returned but the Gaviscon seems to be more of a preventative. I got the mint flavoured double-action liquid in a bright pink bottle.

I never really posted too much in here and now it's August already! Haha, how is. Everyone doing? I'm getting so bored and tired now :( x

I never really posted too much in here and now it's August already! Haha, how is. Everyone doing? I'm getting so bored and tired now :( x

Same here, bored, tired and fed up! 9 days I can cope with but if you add on the potential 14 days you are allowed to go overdue, 23 days sounds way worse!!

Same here, bored, tired and fed up! 9 days I can cope with but if you add on the potential 14 days you are allowed to go overdue, 23 days sounds way worse!!

Oh goodness don't! I'm trying not to think I'll go over but I've had no signs as of yet :(

If it makes you ladies feel better, I had zero signs as well until a week before I delivered. Granted, I went into early labor but maybe no signs until right before everything starts isn't too uncommon? I have no idea since this is my first but maybe! (my birth story is in my journal if you want to read more)

Baby Quiros has arrived!!! Yayyyyy!

He arrived August 3 @ 112am

We almost had to have a c-section but had an ECV done and proceeded with a vaginal delivery. 2 pushes and he was out. I had been laboring for several hours without progression because no one realized that he was transverse.
All is good now. Im the happiest momma in the world!!! :cloud9:

Baby Quiros has arrived!!! Yayyyyy!

He arrived August 3 @ 112am

We almost had to have a c-section but had an ECV done and proceeded with a vaginal delivery. 2 pushes and he was out. I had been laboring for several hours without progression because no one realized that he was transverse.
All is good now. Im the happiest momma in the world!!! :cloud9:

Awwww many congrats, will update front page for you now :happydance::happydance:

Huge congrats!

I am only slightly jelous! Candy cane - I am with you on the thought of another 8 days I can cope with but going another 2 weeks after that argh just the thought of it is horrible but I guess bubs will come when ready!

And for any forst time ladies please dont worry about having no symptoms before labour with my first I literally had no symptoms no warning nothing until I woke up one night having contractions so it really can ad does come out of the blue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->