~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

I have been feeling pretty yucky the past few days. I have had back aches, lots of pressure in my hips which makes laying on the couch feel awful, not been sleeping well. I have still have had continuously been losing my plug since 34 weeks. At my last appointment I was 1cm dilated and I have another appointment tomorrow morning so we will see if I have made process. At my last appointment when she checked me I was very uncomfortable and crampy the rest of the day which I didn't like at all. I have also had an increase in discharge and feel like I always have to pee.

On another note my friend Courtney had her baby girl Charlotte on Friday evening and we went and saw her yesterday and she is just precious! It made me really wish it was our turn cuz I long to hold my little girl. Only a few more weeks... Or sooner if you want Stella. 37 weeks tomorrow! :)

Cin - it a sounds very promising ... I spnt 95% of my first labour on the loo ...I really felt the urge to go and nothing would come out until finally Amy appeared. Apparently my last words to the midwife were 'I am just having a big poo' hmmm maybe a baby instead!

I have had no symptoms at all today. x

Aw, I'm sorry all you guys have symptoms but nothing's come out of it. Right now, I"m lucky, but I"m sure I'll get them sooner or later.

I saw a really adorable baby in church this morning. He was so cute. I want my own baby, lol!

My boyfriend and I are FINALLY setting up the crib today, yay!

37 weeks! Full term finally!!! Yay!

Have any of yOu been taking evening primrose or drinking red raspberry leaf tea? I started evening primrose tablets orally two days ago and am going out to but the tea today. Not sure if any of it will actually help with labor but I have read enough stories about it to at least try it!

Doc appointment today and I'm crossing my fingers that there is at least alittle progress! I have to see another doc cuz mine is out this week so im a tad nervous! It has been sooooo horribly hot here over this past weekend. We came home and it was 90 degrees in our bedroom! Yuck! Anyways hope we get to here some " this is it" posts soon!!!

Congrats on full term :happydance:

I have stayed away from EPO and RL - I know plenty of people who have taken them and they haven't worked as they claim to work, and also I am not sure about messing about with my body......much as I want this baby to come now or at least on time, I would rather my body do what it needs to do when it knows it needs to rather than forcing it.....individual choice I guess (just you wait, I will be the only overdue person on this thread for saying that now :haha:)

well i hope of you ladies had a wonderful weekend! its been chaos at my home! we are doing some remodeling to our home. Hopefully it will be finished by the time LO decided to make an appearance. Im having fun looking for flooring, paint and lighting for our new room but it still doesn't keep my mind off "When will it be it" i hate saying this but i am really just fed up of being pregnant :cry:
i have so many things going on this month followed by next month, i just wished this little guy would come so i can be "myself" with my old energy to get ready for upcoming events! well enough of my rant....

hope all of yall are well!!!

Hey ladies, just checking back in. I've been feeling pressure on my cervix for the past 48-hrs but no other signs. I've been drinking the occasional cup of RL tea, but mainly because I prefer it to traditional tea atm!
Hubby & I have finally decided on 2 possible names for our little one, 2 options for a boy & girl - I'm thrilled because for so long DH would not focus on choosing one! They are either:
Girl - Amelie Elsie
- Ava Elsie
Boy - Noah Joseph
- Jacob Joseph

Does anyone have any preferences?

Hope everyone else is progressing well

37 weeks! Full term finally!!! Yay!

Have any of yOu been taking evening primrose or drinking red raspberry leaf tea? I started evening primrose tablets orally two days ago and am going out to but the tea today. Not sure if any of it will actually help with labor but I have read enough stories about it to at least try it!

Doc appointment today and I'm crossing my fingers that there is at least alittle progress! I have to see another doc cuz mine is out this week so im a tad nervous! It has been sooooo horribly hot here over this past weekend. We came home and it was 90 degrees in our bedroom! Yuck! Anyways hope we get to here some " this is it" posts soon!!!

Congrats on full term Happily! :)

I would have been full term yesterday and my calendar pop-up said to start taking epo and rrlt. Guess I won't be needing that, lol! The reviews were so mixed but so many of the dr reviews said that unless your body is ready to start preparing, the supplements won't do anything anyway so I didn't see what it would hurt...

Hey ladies, just checking back in. I've been feeling pressure on my cervix for the past 48-hrs but no other signs. I've been drinking the occasional cup of RL tea, but mainly because I prefer it to traditional tea atm!
Hubby & I have finally decided on 2 possible names for our little one, 2 options for a boy & girl - I'm thrilled because for so long DH would not focus on choosing one! They are either:
Girl - Amelie Elsie
- Ava Elsie
Boy - Noah Joseph
- Jacob Joseph

Does anyone have any preferences?

Hope everyone else is progressing well

I won't be much help, I like all of the options. :) I think I prefer Jacob to Noah. Is Amelie pronounced like Emily? If so, I think "Emily" Elsie sounds too similar with them both starting with "eh" and ending with "ee". But they are all beautiful. :) My friend had a little girl a couple months ago and named her Avaleigh.

Well girls... 38 weeks + 2 days today. Have been getting lower back pain since yesterday... is that a sign I wonder?

I won't be much help, I like all of the options. :) I think I prefer Jacob to Noah. Is Amelie pronounced like Emily? If so, I think "Emily" Elsie sounds too similar with them both starting with "eh" and ending with "ee". But they are all beautiful. :) My friend had a little girl a couple months ago and named her Avaleigh.

Thanks for your comments, I hadn't thought that they were too similar before, but good to think it through now! Amelie does sound like Emily but with an 'Am' sound at the beginning not an 'Em' sound.
I'll continue to think it through, just so relieved we at least have a short list now 😃 Thanks again & congratulations on the birth of Abigail Xx

Oh I really like Amelie Elsie! Very pretty! As for boys, I think both names are awesome, I love the name Noah but Jacob Joseph has a really nice sound to it! Names are so difficult. So glad that my Dh and I finally agreed on Stella Noelle after we found she was a girl. It was driving me crazy!! Haha

Pronounced amelie, I like it :) never heard it before. I like all of them, you have a tough choice on your hands :)

Happily - I've been taking RLT since 32 weeks (switched to 6x 400mg capsules at 36 weeks) and EPO since 37 weeks (3x 1000mg capsules a day orally). It remains to be seen whether they'll have any effect or not but I've read so many positive stories about them, it can't hurt to try.

Skelleron - They're all lovely names, personally I prefer Amelie Elsie and Noah Joseph :)

--

No more signs here :nope: I had an appointment with the midwife this morning, told her everything I'd experienced over the last few days - she said she's expecting me to give birth within the week but I really don't think that's going to happen, especially seeing as this is my first pregnancy. Fingers crossed she's right, though I'm hoping to have a home water birth and we still don't have our birthing pool! The local hospital loans them out (for free) for home births to women who are 37+ weeks, but at the moment they're all being used. I'm having visions of having to nip down the shops mid-labour to buy a kiddie paddling pool :haha:

Thanks ladies, it's so nice to be able to discuss name choices with people, as we're keeping it a secret from friends and family until baby arrives and we make our decision!
I think my favourites are:
Amelie Elsie &
Noah Joseph
But there's still time for us to change our minds 😉
Thanks again 😄

Hey there ladies

So last week I had my first cervical check, I was 1cm dilated but baby's head wasn't engaged and my cervix hadn't started thinning out yet. My doctor is out this week so I saw another doctor today. She checked me and I'm still 1cm dilated but baby's head is super low and my cervix is starting to thin.

After I left my appointment I called dh and walked around the hospital gift shop before heading out to the parking lot because there is no cell phone signal in there. Decided to go to the bathroom and when I wiped there was a bunch of pinkish mucousy blood. I decide to go back up and ask doc and she said it's completely normal and that it should turn brown by tonight.

Well tonight when I went to the bathroom there was a thick brown chunk of something when I wiped. Tmi I know. It wasn't solid and was kind of mushy when I touched it but it was thick and all stuck together. This was accompanied by brown discharge and mucous. Now I'm confused... Is this all from my cervical check, is it my mucous plug or god forbid is it something else... Baby is fine and moving around but I still want to know what this is. Should I call doc?

I saw the doctor today. Cervix is still 1cm dilated, but I"m very much thinned out. And baby dropped even more. I have to pee every 15 minutes now!

And my ankles swelled so that they resemble the size of my knees. Besides elevating, could anything else help?

My boyfriend and I settled on a tentative name. Colton. Not sure of a middle name, but we like Colton. :)

Hey there ladies

So last week I had my first cervical check, I was 1cm dilated but baby's head wasn't engaged and my cervix hadn't started thinning out yet. My doctor is out this week so I saw another doctor today. She checked me and I'm still 1cm dilated but baby's head is super low and my cervix is starting to thin.

After I left my appointment I called dh and walked around the hospital gift shop before heading out to the parking lot because there is no cell phone signal in there. Decided to go to the bathroom and when I wiped there was a bunch of pinkish mucousy blood. I decide to go back up and ask doc and she said it's completely normal and that it should turn brown by tonight.

Well tonight when I went to the bathroom there was a thick brown chunk of something when I wiped. Tmi I know. It wasn't solid and was kind of mushy when I touched it but it was thick and all stuck together. This was accompanied by brown discharge and mucous. Now I'm confused... Is this all from my cervical check, is it my mucous plug or god forbid is it something else... Baby is fine and moving around but I still want to know what this is. Should I call doc?

My guess would be your mucous plug...have you googled mucous plug images to compare?

Happilyamrs - i would guess its your mucus plug. they come in all shapes and sizes. I have been losing mine slowly over the last week.

I am really hoping to get my hair cut today ... I had it done just before Amy arrived and it made me feel so much better!

Hope everyone is ok. Wondering when the next birth announcement will be!

Lol I googled that too and its really funny to see what people have put on there! Amazing the tools we have at our fingertips these days!

I wonder how Emma's getting on? Last post I saw from her said she was at the hospital having regular contractions. I had a phonecall from the hospital this morning, our birth pool is ready to pick up - going to collect it in a few hours :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->