~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Update from me :)

Had an appt. yesterday, still no dilation/cervix is closed and not thinned out. No where near labor and I havent even seen a mucous plug. :(

Sorry TMI, but is the whole clear out theory true?
On Friday I was 0dialated and 0 effaced and no where near labor.

I was cramping this morning and turned into a c o. Now, I feel crampy like a period. Does this mean anything?

I was cramping this morning and turned into a c o. Now, I feel crampy like a period. Does this mean anything?

Could be the start of early labour! I'm not sure about the dilation/effacement though - they don't check that in the UK until your due date and beyond as they say it's not a good/accurate indication anyway so that's the theory on why they don't do it......I would love to know how far I am in that department!

I would say so!

*Mucous plug lost 7/24
*Camping/Hiking 7/23 - 7/27
*Midnightish 7/28 a couple strong contractions woke me up but I went back to sleep
*7/29 started feeling contractions more regularly and spent all day in the restroom with clear out, discharge turned from mucous to watery around 6-8pm (slow amniotic fluid leak)
*7/30 admitted to hospital for slow leak and regular contractions
*7/31 3:09am - Abigail arrived!

Could be the start of early labour! I'm not sure about the dilation/effacement though - they don't check that in the UK until your due date and beyond as they say it's not a good/accurate indication anyway so that's the theory on why they don't do it......I would love to know how far I am in that department!

I would say so!

*Mucous plug lost 7/24
*Camping/Hiking 7/23 - 7/27
*Midnightish 7/28 a couple strong contractions woke me up but I went back to sleep
*7/29 started feeling contractions more regularly and spent all day in the restroom with clear out, discharge turned from mucous to watery around 6-8pm (slow amniotic fluid leak)
*7/30 admitted to hospital for slow leak and regular contractions
*7/31 3:09am - Abigail arrived!

Thanks ladies!! I am hoping this may be it. The Dr. said I had no progress and I am worried that it can't be possible to be in labor lol. Hopefully she is ready to surprise me. I am having some sharp pains at the top of my uterus that com and go. PLEASE OH PLEASE KARLEE MAKE YOUR ENTRANCE!

I know it's normal for feet to swell, but is it normal for hands to get puffy, too? Mine are swelling and I'm just worried that I should call the doctor about it.

And me too - I just want my baby to get here soon! I"m tired of waiting and carting along a little being that I haven't seen and am so excited to.

I have officially had enough of being pregnant ... and I now want to go and hit everyone who said I would go early. I saw the midwife yesterday for my 39 week appointment and need to ring up for my final blood results this evening, if my iron levels are above 10 I can give birth at my midwife center so everyone keep their fingers crossed!

Baby is still back to back and engaged and I am still getting random contractions that start and nothing comes of them so I have another appointment booked with midwife for next week but I think I will be going in crying if baby hasnt arrived by then!

Hope everyone is ok x x x

Lyrics - Mild swelling is normal. Mine aren't noticably swollen to look at but my engagement ring is so much tighter than it used to be! If you've had a sudden swelling though it might be best to call your doctor as it can be sign a Pre-E.

Hope&faith - :hugs: I hope your iron levels are high enough, let us know what the results are.

----

We had a phonecall from the hospital yesterday morning to tell us the birth pool was ready for collection. We picked it up and inflated it during the afternoon - not had a trial run with water yet but oh my gosh it's so comfy to sit in!! Here it is in situ - I think it looks beautiful :haha:

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u435/Cinley/2012-08-07145725.jpg

Also it's my OH's birthday today. Was hoping baby would make an appearance to celebrate the occasion but it doesn't look likely!

Lyrics, yes hand swelling is normal as long as its not extreme - my pregnancy book says many women have to remove their rings during pregnancy because of it however if it has come on excessively and suddenly then please get checked.

Hope&Faith - you and me both! Fed up now - hang in there, won't be long now.

Cin - lovely pool! Should be most relaxing having it at home....hope so!

It's great Cin! I want brave enough to attempt home birth but if I was I'd definitely do water birth! Maybe for baby #2! :)

Hope- fingers crossed your iron levels come back high enough...

Lyrics-better safe than sorry...

Hope all of you who are sure this week deliver this week! :)

I know it's normal for feet to swell, but is it normal for hands to get puffy, too? Mine are swelling and I'm just worried that I should call the doctor about it.

With my Pre-E, everything swelled. Your doc tests your urine at every appointment right? He'll know then if you're leaking proteins, which is the other factor for Pre-E.

I hope you don't have it, but if you do, it just means you will definitely see your LO soon!

Lyrics, yes hand swelling is normal my feet and hands are swollen and I show the midwives each time but I have no other symptoms no protein in my urine so they said whilst it's not very attractive and uncomfortable it is not dangerous and I just have to try and drink plenty of liquids, rest, put my feet up and soak them as often as I can.

Hope&Faith - I know how you feel.

I was due on Monday... but I am SOoooooooooo ready for the baby to come. My SPD is painful so laying down and sleeping is near impossible and it hurts to sit now because my tail bone hurts :( I just want the baby to come.

Thanks all for the advice. I think everything's ok. My doctor said on Monday that my urine test was normal, so I think I"m ok regarding that. I'll just put up with the swelling, I suppose.

My mom keeps pestering me about the baby's name and I'm keeping it a surprise (mostly so she doesn't complain about it). So when she asked me this morning I told her we were naming him Frodo. She shut up then. :D

My iron levels are high enough to have the birth I want!!! I am super happy. I am sick of being pregnant still but at least now I only have a 2 minute car drive to the midwife unit rather than 40 minutes to the hospital!

Hope everyone is ok. x x x

My iron levels are high enough to have the birth I want!!! I am super happy. I am sick of being pregnant still but at least now I only have a 2 minute car drive to the midwife unit rather than 40 minutes to the hospital!

Hope everyone is ok. x x x

That's fab news :happydance:

Fab news hope!

Just back from my 38 week apt.... got told by the GP to settle in for the long haul! This could end up being a september baby !

hope&faith- YAY! That's awesome
mummylanning- oh no! Well hopefully your little man will surprise you before that!

I have to return my 24 hour protein test today at 11:00 am . If it's positive I will be having my munchkin tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->