~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Can't imagine being 9 days overdue! Must be frustrating for you! Are they going to do anything for you?

I'm being induced tomorrow morning - I just pray they don't have a shortage of beds and send me home! I am utterly miserable and so uncomfortable now :cry:

Hopefully none of us will have to wait much longer!

Argh I feel like crying! 6-days overdue now, just went for 2nd attempt at sweep and still not possible due to unfavourable position of cervix! I've got to have another sweep attempt on Sunday, then next Wednesday & if no luck induction next Friday when I'll be 40+14! 😥
Good luck for your induction tomorrow Candy Xx

Argh I feel like crying! 6-days overdue now, just went for 2nd attempt at sweep and still not possible due to unfavourable position of cervix! I've got to have another sweep attempt on Sunday, then next Wednesday & if no luck induction next Friday when I'll be 40+14! 😥
Good luck for your induction tomorrow Candy Xx

Thank you :flower: I had the same thing when I went for a sweep at 41, they said its unfavourable so they couldn't do it. My OB however said there is no point in trying again and just to go straight for induction at term + 10, which for me is tomorrow. I just hope my cervix plays ball tomorrow!

So I thOught I had lost my mucus plug but I'm beginning to think I didn't and I'm losing it now. TMI I have had so much discharge the past 2 days every time I wipe I have alot. Went to doc again today and blood pressure has gone down alot so that's good. 4 days till I'm due but it feels like I'm already over. Feeling for all of you overdue ladies. Hope we get things started here soon!! :)

our yellow bump turned blue! 23rd august at 2:19pm :D he's a whopper at 9lb 2oz (though he doesnt look it!)

Went for my sweep today at 5 days over but they couldn't do it due to my cervix being too high :(
The midwife said there was no point doing another so we just booked my induction for August 31st at 8.30 am. (I'll be 12 days overdue).
Although I'm excited, it means that I possibly wont be an August mummy anymore and baby isn't a little Leo :(
Good luck Candy Cane!! :flower:

Congrats ladies I will update front page in a few days as I'm in hospital being induced now so only got phone access xx

Hi ladies, me again! Any help greatly appreciated - i have just posted this in my own thread too but wondered if anyone here had any advice?

I'm in the UK and as you can see from my ticker, I am 40+8. I felt unwell yesterday and during/after a long walk (about 15 hours ago) I was getting tightenings every 6 minutes. When I stopped walking though, they stopped. Then last night at about 8pm I started to get 'pains' and tightening deep inside every 4-7minutes, these became more intense with pain down the front of my thighs.

As I hadn't lost my plug or seen any sign of my waters, and because my contractions weren't regular/increasing I decided to try to get some sleep.

However, about half an hour ago I was woken to a 'leaking' sensation! I definitely didn't pee myself but my pj bottoms were soaked through with clear, non-smelly liquid. I went to the bathroom, cleaned myself up and put a pad on, but nothing more has come out.

It's now 3:10am and I'm a little crampy but again nothing intense or regular (I'm lying in bed). I don't know whether to wake my DH (as he has to get up for work in 2 hours) or ring the birth unit at the hospital? I don't want to waste anyone's time, but I am a little confused/concerned!

Any advice? Many thanks 😳

hi there, I had a slow leak as well. I would call and they'll probably want you to come in. I went in and thought I'd be sent back home since the contractions were 7ish min apart but they ended up doing three tests to confirm it was amniotic fluid and then admitted me. They said I had to deliver within 18 hours of the leak for Abigail's safety or they'd do an induction/csection. It was a really slow leak though and I didn't want either an induction or cs so they limited cervical checks to limit risk of infection and kept us on constant monitoring and did an ultrasound to confirm how much fluid was still there for her. I delivered about 31 hours after the initial leak.

Just a quick update:
I just rang the birthing unit and she agreed it could be my waters. She has advised me to monitor any further flow with my pad, and call her back in a few hours - sooner if contractions kick in!
Fingers crossed something continues to happen naturally so I don't have to get induced!
I will update again later!

Thanks gardens, it's great to know I'm not alone in this!

sounds like your water to me, especially if your pants were soaked through! Hope this is it! Good for you!!

I wish I was having contractions! I feel so normal right now! ugh! Baby girl moves alot and is super low and I occasionally get tightenings but nothing consistant. Im 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced but feel like Im still so far away! Ugh! Im due on monday and they wont schedule induction until I am 41 weeks and I really dont want that so Im hoping lo makes up her mind to come out soon.

Good Luck, hope it is the start of your labour journey and you have your baby soon.

2 days OD for me now and I have developed partial facial numbness...yeahy just another thing to add to the list. Have another consultant appointment on tues and I reckon they will be very tempted to start me if I havent gone yet.

Oh and is it just me or is the phrase "he'll come when he ready" starting to get on anyone elses nerves yet?

Thanks ladies,
I went to the hospital this morning. They confirmed that my waters had broken and that I'm having regular contractions, they are just not strong enough yet. So I'm pottering around at home until I can't tolerate it anymore! If natural labour hasn't progressed by 8:30am tomorrow I'll have to go in for an induction tomorrow!
It is finally beginning to feel real that I'll have my baby soon!

And yes mumminglanning that phrase 'it'll come when it's ready' really annoys me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->