• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Well I threw up on my way to the doc this morning. She thinks I'm in pre labor and I have felt absolutely awful all day. She sent in papers for me to get a date for induction but she thinks I will go into labor before then. I'm still very nauseous and dizzy so I may call in a bit and ask them what to do. Took a long walk and doc did a rough sweep. Please start labor!!

So excited for you happily! Can't wait to see pics of your little Stella!

2nd sweep....still no baby! Ah well. Kinda used to STILL being pregnant now so just taking each day as it comes!

Baby still not breastfeeding so I managed to express 30ml which he had. He's still very sleepy from the pethidine :( x

Congratulations Candy on the birth of tabitha! It sounds as though we were pushing our little ones out at the same time, as my 8lb 10oz boy was born at 02:52am (UK) on Sunday 26th August! Whereabouts in UK are u? I'm in Gloucester Xx

Oh wow, yes I think that would be about right then! I started my induction at 2pm on Friday 25th (UK) and gave birth at 3.49am on the Sunday morning, 26th August! I'm in Essex.

Congrats to the recent mummies/mommies - just updating the front page for you all now :happydance:

Baby still not breastfeeding so I managed to express 30ml which he had. He's still very sleepy from the pethidine :( x

:hugs: I had trouble with trying to latch Greg on, then when he was on he'd fall straight to sleep. I'm now combi-feeding with expressed breast milk and formula, definitely puts my mind at ease as I can see exactly how much he's drinking and OH can feed him too. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone, I know how crappy it can make you feel.

Congratulations by the way!

Congrats mummies, I am very jealous!

1 week over due today.... induction booked for Tuesday! Come on little Lanning, get moving!

so doc will be inducing me saturday if i havent done into labor by then. I woke up last night with the worst TMI bm ever and losing mucus plug. I can tell now that whatever I was having before was just normal discharge because this is sooo much more. gross i know. You guys are the only ones I can tell that to though. haha. lo has decided that she wants to explore the higher up regions of my body as of late and it hurts. she is still low and head down but she likes to move up sometimes and press her butt again my ribs. haha I keep telling her, your to big to be in there, come out now but apparently she takes after me in being late. haha oh well at least if she doesnt come soon I will have her in my arms saturday or sunday. kinda bummed she may be a september baby. I just love all my august mummies!

Hi just want to update.......

I had my baby boy Tyler on the 28th aug ( was due 21st)
Weighed 9lb 2oz :happydance:

Congrats camerashy :)

Happily-hope you can avoid the induction but you will be great either way! Can't wait to see pics of stella!

Happily &Mummy- even if you deliver in september, you still have to stay in this group! I delivered in july and I'm not going anywhere! :)

Had my third sweep today and have gone from 4/5 on tues to 2/5 today. Still dont think he is coming in the next 8 hours so looks like i will be a honorary August mummy!

Congrats Camerashy - have updated front page for you :happydance:

As for the ladies about to go into September, I feel for you because of being overdue and it's not nice but September is a lovely month and you will have lovely Virgo babies who will have lovely temperaments so keep your chins up, it won't be long now - I am keeping an eye out for your updates to update the front page!

How are all the new Mum's/Mom's doing with sleep and feeding? I am breastfeeding and have managed well so far but we had some trouble settling her at night to start with but last night I think we cracked it and I had a reasonable nights sleep. My milk has fully come in now and my boobs really hurt with the engorgement as a feed is due but it's all good. My lady garden feels like its been kicked hard but getting better everyday. The bleeding has minimalised a lot now. Is anyone else having lady garden pain from all the bruising? I had forceps and a 2nd degree tear so probably taking a little longer to heal I guess.

I had 2 tears, one second degree on the 'bottom of the entrance', and a little external one. The first few days I actually felt fine, then after a week it was absolute agony! I felt like I was tearing again every time I moved! But after about 2 weeks PP, it started to feel better every day, and now I feel fine! Just a little bit of pressure and bruising in my pubic bone, and proper itching where it's all healing! We've tried to have sex a few times but it's too painful still, so we're not going to try for a little while now. My bleeding stopped, then started again, and now I just have a heavy discharge.
I have to say though, I picked up some Femfresh shower gel stuff the other day, and it makes me feel so much better! Obviously doesn't take pain away, but it's nice to feel 'fresh'! And my other recommendation is Sudocreme. Especially when you're having to wear sanitary towels 24/7 :dohh:

I had a third degree tear and I am finding it quite painful now. Like Emma, it was actually fine the first few days but seems to be getting worse rather than better. Can't wait to feel normal down there again. Going to try the Sudocreme now.

Also TMI but I'm also finding that I can't hold my pee at all since the birth, it's actually fine when I cough or sneeze, but it's if I try to put off going because I'm in the middle of something I just can't hold it and have had a couple of small accidents. I really hope this will improve as it is really horrible - I'm doing my pelvic floor exercises as much as possible and have been given a physiotherapy appointment for next week because of the third degree tear so hopefully that will help. Has anyone else had similar?

oh and another (hopefully helpful) recommendation, I used Julian's other nappy cream (Johnson's) on my stretchmark one night because it was closer to me than my moisturiser, and it made it seem a bit better. Carried on using it, and it's fading already! Cheaper than Bio Oil!

Good to hear all the updates. I'm day 5 now & Noah is doing brilliantly! My milk came in full force yesterday, which was really painful & made feeding difficult. Because of this I had a very restless baby, then I got very teary!
I feel much better today & had a visit from the breast feeding support lady, which really helped; Noah has fed so much better today & has been much calmer.
My 3rd degree tear is healing well but my piles and now vaginal thrush can be unbearable at times!
I hope we all heal quickly

I had a third degree tear and I am finding it quite painful now. Like Emma, it was actually fine the first few days but seems to be getting worse rather than better. Can't wait to feel normal down there again. Going to try the Sudocreme now.

Also TMI but I'm also finding that I can't hold my pee at all since the birth, it's actually fine when I cough or sneeze, but it's if I try to put off going because I'm in the middle of something I just can't hold it and have had a couple of small accidents. I really hope this will improve as it is really horrible - I'm doing my pelvic floor exercises as much as possible and have been given a physiotherapy appointment for next week because of the third degree tear so hopefully that will help. Has anyone else had similar?

I didn't have any problems with bladder control while in the hospital but when I got home, I turned on the kitchen faucet to fill my dog's water bowl and lost everything. No warning, no way to stop it, SO thankful I had a thick hospital pad on! Only problem since then is when I sneeze though so hopefully yours will improve also Polaris!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->