~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Polaris, at least she is not concerned or anything! That's a good sign!

I've had my names picked out for a loooong time!

Samuel Eric for a boy - Sam after a guy who really helped me out when I was going through a bad patch a couple of years ago, plus I've always loved the name. Eric after my late Grandad who died when I was four years old.

Phoebe Louise for a girl - I've always loved Phoebe, but apparently I have a Great Great Grandma with that name. I'd already chosen it before I found out, so I don't think it counts as me naming my daughter after her. Louise is my middle name, and my Mom's middle name too. I want to keep it going if I can.

Polaris - As you know, it's still really early days yet and you could've implanted late. Give it another week or two and you'll be able to see something, I'm sure of it :thumbup:

Thanks girls. I just hope everything is OK. I'm not usually a worrier but I think since the accident I've been more anxious about a lot of things. I've decided I'm not going to tell family over Christmas (was in two minds about it). It will be hard keeping the news to myself but I would prefer to wait and see what happens at my next scan.

well we love laila for a girl, was gunna call leo and billy that if they had been girls but have a mega problem with boys names.

billy was named billy on the day i had him lol.

i am liking the name rocco but seeings as my kids have normal names, i dont really wanna use anything thats too different or sounds made up.

one thing i do know is that i will spell what ever name we have in the way its suppose to be spelt. for example if i had vicky i wouldnt spell it vicki or vikki.
i suppose each to their own, i just would not like to let my child suffer having to spell it out for people all the time :nope: its a big bug bear of mine. i have a friend that named her daughter emme-leigh instead of emily! everyone sill calls her emily, its just that now she spends all her time correcting people x:dohh:

I bet your next scan will be awesome. I don't exactly know what they expected to see at 5 weeks...

I am rescheduling my scan to be after the new year. Apparently it is going to cost us $300 because I will be using the facility. These places are just insane in how they charge you money! Anyway we have a $1000 deductible so I will want to start on that with the $300.

As for names, my husband wants to pass his name down for a boy, so that would be John Richard but I am thinking something along the lines of Samuel... no middle name yet

As for a girl maybe something along the lines of Elisabeth Clara... but DH doesn't like the name Beth... so we are undecided at the moment!! I will probably start thinking about it a lot more when I hear a heartbeat.

We had our first scan yesterday at 4w4d, very early but still exciting! Here's our little bean:

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1cc03b3127ccefeb9d1f1347800000030O00EauGTRm0ZNAe3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Next scan scheduled for 7w5d, woohoo!

Wow! Look at that little precious bean!! I can't wait for my scan! I think I will get pretty emotional. My DH says I cry about everything but I think I cry more when I'm happy.

For a boy I have two names in mind as front runners, Mason and Roman. I have a few other names I like but those are my favorites. Middle name would be Scott (after my dh's late father)

For a girl I have a list of names I like but the front runner is Harper Rose. There really isn't a special meaning behind it other than I like the name.

My dh who has never had a preference before this said last night he hopes it's a boy. My nephew was born January of last year and my Dh has just fallen in love with the little guy.

I don't know about you ladies but I am bloated and uncomfortable. When I stay active I don't notice it but when I sit/lay down I notice every little ache. I'm hoping everything looks good on my scan! Hope you ladies are all having a happy holidays and that all our little beans are sticky.

I only cry when I'm happy, lol. :)

As for names, which do you guys like better?

Abigail Cristin (pronounced Kristen) or Abigail Cristine (pronounced Christine). My mom's name is Cristin so it will be either Cristin or Cristine, but I haven't decided which sounds better..... And our son will be named after my husband.

ooo I don't know... both sound so beautiful!

Wow I am having no symptoms today.... did I just get a day off or something?

so Im just wondering if its abnormal that I haven't spotted or anything yet? 4 weeks, 3 days (i think). Just wondering what you ladies think? I have other symptoms like lower back aches and breast tenderness and bloating but no spotting.

I love Abigail Cristine but both are lovely!

GardenofEdens what a lovely bean :D

On the topic of crying, lately I've been doing it for any reason... happy, sad, in between.... lol... pregnancy does that to me.

Its great that you haven't spotted... hopefully that keeps up. Not spotting is a great thing!

I haven't had any spotting and I'm 4w+4d. No spotting is a great thing! It keeps the stress away because I know that if I see any trace of blood I'll panic... xx

Not spotting is a good thing! At the Early Pregnancy Unit today, they told me that spotting before you miss your period is considered normal but any spotting after you miss your period is classed as a potential cause for concern. However in many cases spotting does not necessarily mean a problem.

Gardenofedens - thanks for sharing your scan pic! I didn't get a photo but my scan looked pretty similar. What date is your next scan? Mine is 19th January. I love both of your names by the way!

No spotting for me yet either!

Me and OH also just decided that if it's a girl we love the name "Keira Valerie Denise".

Not spotting is a good thing! At the Early Pregnancy Unit today, they told me that spotting before you miss your period is considered normal but any spotting after you miss your period is classed as a potential cause for concern. However in many cases spotting does not necessarily mean a problem.

Gardenofedens - thanks for sharing your scan pic! I didn't get a photo but my scan looked pretty similar. What date is your next scan? Mine is 19th January. I love both of your names by the way!

My next one is 1/13 at 7w5d. Dr wanted it at 6w but her next avail appt wasn't until the 13th. I don't know when the next one after that will be - I don't know if I could handle waiting until the gender scan at 18-20weeks but I also don't want to have too many scans....

And I haven't had any spotting either - I'd totally freak out if I did!

Im trying to get our insurance all figured out. We had signed up for it and they were kind of jerking us around saying that we had forgotten some paperwork (that they never sent). Now Im like "Honey we need to get this figured out NOW, because I need to see a doc soon!" Sorta wishing there was somewhere I could be seen without my insurance cuz I really want a scan to know everything is okay but I think I will just have to figure it out after xmas. I am still gonna tell my sister that Im pregnant on christmas because I need her support no matter what happens. I wish I could just see inside there to make sure the little bean is okay and in the right place.

i've not had any spotting either. With my son I didn't have any at all the whole pregnancy and with my daughter I had some slight spotting at around 6/7 weeks but it was after DTD so think it was that that caused it!!!!

I've got my first MW appointment next friday, just form filling and blood taking I think!

I had some spotting last night...no pain at all.. I would have been due on the 7th of dec, if I had not done a test couple of days ago I would have just thought it was my period and wouldn't have even known I was pregnant.. Which may have been a good thing as I now feel everything and worry all the time...

Love the scam photo..we had a early one done as I was bleeding with Paige, it looked like a fish so we nicked named her nemo.... Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->