~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Yay I love this!
My name is Molly
I am 24 my dh is 26
This is our first pregnancy(bare with me through my pregnancy firsts) and we are soo excited! We have been together 4 years married 5 months.
We were going to wait to try until our one year wedding anniversary but we weren't preventing and it just happened! :)
I'm hoping for a girl but my husband is sure it's a boy. So we will see!
We told my mom the day we found out. Telling his mom and my sister on Christmas and waiting until we get further along to tell anyone else. Since it's my first and I haven't been to the doctor yet I want to make sure everything is ok, but I decided I needed a support system just in case.

I just want to say I really appreciate the support I have received on this thread. I have been a ball of questions since we found out and I'm so glad that I have you ladies to share this with! I really appreciate you! Happy holidays and Merry Christmas!

well most u know about my pregnancys anyway but here goes lol

i am emma 30
dh is scott 28
dd libby 5 in march
ds leo 3 in march
ds billy turned 1 end september
cat called henry (my resued baby i found in a bin bag)
and my staffie missy

had 6 pregnancies in total 2 of which i lost and of cause this 1 :happydance:

been married 3 years this july but been togeter 6 years and the sad part is we grew up next door to each other. :haha: u would have thought i would have at least looked outside my own street to meet mr right pmsl x

Hi lolpants, sorry I haven't added you to the front page yet. Stuck on my iPad and for some odd reason I can't edit my posts with it. And house Internet is down. :/

Sooo for the get to know ;
my name is Katie and I just turned 24
OHs name is Joseph and he is 40 (yea, really big age gap LOL.)
We've been together for 5 years and will hopefully be tying the knots this year2012.
we are on our 2nd sticky baby.

I have one amazing 14 month old baby girl
Had an MC last month, and Preggo again this month.
I'm pretty positive this one is a sticky bean though! it just feels right.
I keep going back and forth on whether or not I think boy or girl. At first I thought boy because one day I couldn't hold food down, never like that with Alexa, but now I'm thinking it was just a stomach bug, because I haven't had it sense that one day. so thinking a girl again. I really don't mind which one I get. a girl would be nice for Alexa to have a sister though. :)

Hi everyone, nice to 'meet' you all! I'm Mellissa, 28 in two weeks. DH is Irik, 33. We've been together for three years, married 6 months tomorrow. We are expecting our first and both extremely excited. Here's how I told him we were pregnant after 9 months of trying...

https://youtu.be/akS9TtEKFTE
(Please excuse my not-so-pretty language at the beginning, I had seriously debated on not telling OH until Christmas and was still debating at this point!)

We told my mom, step-dad and brother the same day and told my dad, step-mom and sisters a couple days later. All are very excited. My siblings are 17, 14, and 12 and looking forward to being an uncle and aunties, lol. We are telling the rest of the family tonight and tomorrow for Christmas. DH is most excited to hold our baby. Right now I'm excited for all of it - I can't wait to feel the baby move, start showing, find out if it's a boy or girl and of course to meet him or her. I keep dreaming it's either a boy or fraternal boy/girl twins. We've already picked names too. Our son will be named after my husband and our daughter will be Abigail Cristin.

aww I love reading all your stories - will be great to get to know each other better over the next few months and share our experiences, grumps and happiness :)

I have decided to tell my close family after dinner tomorrow as a added xmas present - everyone else can wait till after scan though!

Gotta go as Phoebe has stinky bum - hope you all have a fantastic day tomorrow!
Merry Christmas :xmas12:
Lol xx

Hey all -

Well I am Sarah 22, and my OH is 38. We got married in August!
We have a beautiful daughter called Amy who is 19 months old.
My mum and best friend already know I am pregnant but everyone else will have to wait until after the 12 week scan!
I am excited to have a bump again and wear maternity jeans.
as for gender prediction i guess boy ... i was so poorly with amy sick morning till night and so far this one i havent been sick at all (touch wood)

Anyway hope everyone is ok. x x x

My DH has 4 children (one with me, 2 with his ex wife and 1 with his ex gf) and their birthdays are Oct, Nov & Dec!!! So very relieved this one is due on August!!!!

As for me I'm Anouska and I'm 35, DH is 38 this is my 4th pregnancy I have a son from my first marriage, had an early MC in 2009 and have a 13 month old daughter. I've got my first MW appointment Friday so may tell my mum after that but we'll probably wait to tell everyone else till after the 12 week scan. Should be interesting telling DH's mum and his eldest daughters, don't think it's going to go down to well tbh!!!

Hi ladies.
me 30
oh 32
dd 9
ds 3
due aug 20 with 3rd
This is my 7th pregnancy with several mc. oh and i have been together 4 years and getting married in june 2012.

Merry Christmas ladies... I hope Santa was kind

Me:29
DH:33
We got married on 11/11/11 so it looks like we conceived on our honeymoon!
DD:9 to a previous relationship.
We told most of our family today at Xmas lunch. Its so much better now that everyone knows so that i dont have to hide or pretend im fine when im actually either falling asleep or trying to hold down my lunch. Everyone is so excited for us.
I can't wait for my next scan at 9 wks so I can see that beautiful heartbeat.
I am sensing this will be a boy not sure why but I'm betting team blue!

Is anyone else getting dizzy spells? I seem to be dizzy all the time.

yes I went thru a stage of feeling dizzy all the time last week - it was kinda like being drunk but without drinking!!!! Every think felt like it was moving and spinning slightly even when I was still!! Very weird and very disconcerting!!!!! Thankfully seems to have passed now - I just getting bad dizzy spells if I stand up to quick now!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you all xXx

Happy Christmas to everyone!

I have decided not to share the news with OH's family today - they are a big family so it would mean telling at least six people, not all of whom I see regularly or particularly close to. I just feel like it's too early and I wouldn't want to have to deal with them all if anything went wrong. I won't be seeing my family until after Christmas so I won't be telling them either, probably not until after my next scan.

Me: 23
DH: 32
This will be my husband and I`s first child! =D
Will be telling everyone after my first doctor`s appointment this week!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Polaris I know how you feel... we are telling OH's family today but I am not telling the rest for a while. If something happens I know my family would take it very hard.

Gardenofedens- omg what a amazing video, i may have shed a few tears.. My bloody hormone !!! Thanks for sharing that x

Spiceeb- we were both in the September stars 2010.... Most of those which are still active in there either have had babies or are pregnant again x

Well we told our parents.. We saw mine first half of the day and hubby's parents second half and we both gave them a card with the following written inside.

Dear Nanna and grandad I hope to meet you in August, at present I am only 7 weeks old so I want to be a secret until I'm 12 weeks.Lots of love your new future grandchild. Xx

Everyone was really happy but we are not telling my son as we have hinted and his reaction was don't tell me your pregnant.... I won't be happy... So we decided to not tell him yet. I'm a little worried to be honest.

Merry Christmas everyone.... Xxx

We told my OH's family today... I have never been hugged so much in all my life!

Merry Christmas all!!

My DD took her 1st unaided steps today :cloud9:

We decided to tell my close family at lunch, as we're off to Ireland on Thursday to spend New year with OH's family and they will question why I am not drinking (so are gonna tell them and didn't want my Mum complaining we told OH's family 1st!!).. kinda wish I hadn't bothered as my folks reactions were 'oh no' 'not again' and 'what you gonna do for work?' !!! :grr: .. My Nan and Bro were happy and said congratulations - as did OH's family - just my folks so hard to please!!!

I had my 1st and only dizzy spell today as I was carrying DD down in the lift - could put it down to movement of the lift but 1st time thats ever happened so guess its hormones!?

@ladykara - thats so cute - I was gonna do something similar to tell OH - but ended up just telling him as needed to get extra tests to be sure and he was off work and no chance to sneak out :haha:

Lol xx

Merry Christmas everyone!
My name is Elyse, DH is Brian... We're both 27, and have been TTC since our June 21st wedding last year... This will be our 1st baby!
We told my family and siblings today, friends and extended family will have to wait until 10-12 weeks... We got our positive a little over a week ago, and the positive blood work last Monday... Our first doctor's appt is Jan 20th... We are the last of our friends to have children, but the first grand baby for any of our parents...
Being that I can be a bit neurotic and I'm new to this, I promise I will have a lot of questions!! Thanks in advance for being there ladies!

Hey ladies!
Merry Xmas and happy holidays!
So we told my sister this morning and then later told my mother-in-law. We told my sister by putting a note in the bottom of her stocking. She immediately asked my mon what it was and my mom (quite the actress haha) said "oh it's probably just from last year, open it." so when she opened it, it read " you have been a really good sister, daughter, wife and mother this year so Santa thought you deserved a promotion. How does Aunt sound?" She looked up shocked and said "seriously?!" and I said 5 weeks tomorrow. And then she just started crying and hugging me. Soo cute. She is soo excited!

When my DH told his mom, we followed her into the kitchen after we were done opening presents and he said "we have one more present for you but it won't be ready for 9 months... :)" I thought it was really cute how excited he was to tell her. She was soooooo ecstatic!!

Im loving all these stories! Gardenofedens- I love that video! Sooo precious!

I'll share my story I guess :)

We told OH's family, like I said. They were all here, Aunt, 2 cousins, gramma, sister. He'd always promised to tell his sister first. He took a Christmas card, taped one of my positive IC's to it, and wrote "You said you wanted to be the first to know".
So she sits down to open it, he saved her gift for last. Gets the card out, reads it, and is just like "what's this?". Took her a second and then she started to cry and came over to hug me. I got it on video! Then I got bombarded by hugs lol. Even OH's Aunt started to cry, I hadn't expected that.

My Mom, I haven't told her yet, waiting til I am further along. She is living about 1000km away from me and I've no idea how to tell her long-distance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->