~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Congratulations Kcoennen - fantastic news!

I swear my huge belly is not just bloat, people are going to start guessing soon!

Congratulations kcoennen! How do you feel about the news? I always thought twins would be my worst nightmare but actually now that I'm a bit older I'm thinking that I wouldn't mind! Pretty sure there's only one in there though.

I'm only 8 weeks but I can definitely tell there's something going on in there. By the end of the day my bloat makes me look like 12 weeks =/ And I've been able to find my placenta so much easier, it's definitely grown. I think if I were smaller around the middle I'd be showing by now! lol

How do you find your placenta hon? I've not heard of that one before, unless you mean on a doppler?

I'm ten weeks today and thankfully my nausea and tiredness seems to be doing one and disappearing :happydance: If it weren't for hearing my baby on the doppler, I would think I am losing my symptoms and start worrying but I can find it right away as soon as I switch it on now :happydance:

I've discovered I have developed lactose intolerance during pregnancy - never had much of a problem before apart from now and again after milkshakes, but now I can't take milk at all. Strange but they do say you can develop it during PG. I can only have one cuppa a day :coffee:

^^ I find anything dairy makes me realy sick during this preg aswell. :sick:

Does anyone know of a stool softener which is safe for pregnant ladies to use? :blush: I went to Boots today and they had Dulcoease but it says deffo not for PG. I asked the pharmacist and when I said I was pregnant, she went 'you're pregnant??' - yes I am 37, not ancient!! :nope:

She tried to give me Lactalose, looking at the name of it I told her I am lactose intolerant and she said no this is LacTAlose, not lactose. Its designed for chronic constipation which is not my problem. Said I would think about it and just googled it and guess what, it contains lactose sugars!!!!! :shrug: Stupid woman trying to give me that!! :devil:

Has anyone else got any other suggestions?

How do you find your placenta hon? I've not heard of that one before, unless you mean on a doppler?

I remember when I had my first, lying down and my doctor would be poking and prodding away down there. At first he was feeling for it growing, and after I had my son, feeling for it shrinking.

At 5 weeks, I couldn't find anything distinguishable. I'm no doctor! But now at 8 there is definitely something hard and roundish, I can feel where it gets most round and then feel it tapering off again below my belly button. I could be insane but I think I'm finding the right thing!

congrats on the twins kcoe! DH and I were hoping for twins but just one baby this time around! :)

saitiffeh - I think maybe you're just feeling the uterus, not the placenta? The placenta starts forming around 9 weeks and finishes around 13 if I've read things correctly. And the placenta wouldn't shrink after birth, but be delivered around the same time. You'll definitely start feeling your uterus around now though especially if you're thin... :)

That's just my thoughts though, definitely no doctor here!!

Does anyone know of a stool softener which is safe for pregnant ladies to use? :blush: I went to Boots today and they had Dulcoease but it says deffo not for PG. I asked the pharmacist and when I said I was pregnant, she went 'you're pregnant??' - yes I am 37, not ancient!! :nope:

She tried to give me Lactalose, looking at the name of it I told her I am lactose intolerant and she said no this is LacTAlose, not lactose. Its designed for chronic constipation which is not my problem. Said I would think about it and just googled it and guess what, it contains lactose sugars!!!!! :shrug: Stupid woman trying to give me that!! :devil:

Has anyone else got any other suggestions?

Have you tried eating orunes or drinking prune juice? I guess you just need to find a natural laxative that works for you.

I'm 10 weeks today as well and have found my symptoms seem to be improving to - other than incredibley sore nipples which make showering an extreme sport the only other "symptom" I have now is having problems peeing!! I've got a titled uterus so if my bladder gets too full that and my uterus obstruct my uretha so even tho i'm desperate for a wee i either can't or it just coems out at a trickle! Very annoying! I had it with DD as well but thankfully it doesn;t last long - just need baby to grow a bit and force my uterus up a bit!!!

The only reason why we suspected twins is because my pants don't fit anymore. But, I just thought I was totally bloated and didn't really read into it much. The ultrasound tech goes "So did you know you were having more than 1 baby before today?" Ummm no!!! lol We're very excited, but extremely nervous. Although, since we don't have any babies, we won't know the difference of what it's like to have 2 instead of 1. I guess this will just be "normal" to us.

LMAO
I was totally in the bathroom just now and it popped into my head randomly that I had been repeatedly using the wrong word!!!!! Baby Brain already!!!

Went to the doctor today, and he moved me up to 10+6!! I went in thinking I was 9+4, but I got moved up an entire week! My little Fuji Bean is growing so fast! I am really looking forward to being in the 2nd trimester, as I will not have to worry anymore.
So far in this pregnancy, I haven`t had any bleeding or cramping...and barely any morning sickness. Life is good! lol

Well here is an ultrasound of my beautiful Black & Japanese Fuji bean!

Attachments

• 396315_2519513302889_1104960154_32049766_668516960_n.jpg
    396315_2519513302889_1104960154_32049766_668516960_n.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi girls,
just a quick update to let you know that I had my scan and everything looks perfect! Baby is measuring two days ahead of my dates (9+1) with a nice strong heartbeat. So relieved and pleased! I got some photos which I will upload later on. I have another scan at my booking in appointment on 14th February so not too long to wait to see baby again!

Omg twins !!!! Congrats... How amazing. X

I am not showing as much as I did with Paige and jake still wearing my "skinny" work trousers and my sickness is starting to go... Yay !!!!! Keep thinking it will come back I should be 11 weeks on Monday but because I'm not showing as much I reckon im not as far gone as I think.

Congrats to all the girls who had their scans. I'm still waiting for mine to come in the post

aww great news with the scans! Not long for 2nd Tri for you Jackie!
Lol xx

Hey ladies, hope everyone is having a great day! We are still snowed in here but I'm feeling good today and am thankful.
Very nice scan pics and it seems like everyone is doing really well!
Just thought I would say, I don't want to start any negativity in our thread but I think we all need to be mindful that not everyone has an easy first trimester and the point of a forum is to share experiences, information and allow people to get questions answered, address problems and fears and share our joy and happiness. I think the goal is to support eachother and be there for eachother. Unfortunately we all don't always have good news to share and that's why we need to be sensitive to every post. I only say this because I know we all have very different pregnancy concerns and none of those concerns should be considered invalid or unimportant. Hope this is just taken in the best light, I'm not trying to piss anyone off just hoping we can keep it positive in here when we can.

I really appreciate all the helpful information I've gotten from you ladies! You guys are my saving grace!
:dust:

Happilyamrs- has something been said and upset someone on here ? X

yes. and it wasn't singled out to one person I just thought it was alittle brash and insensitive. Im not about pointing fingers.... thats why I generalized it.

Well if it was me, then ignore it and move on. Simple as that..
And what I meant by people freaking out over every little thing, was like someone saying a have a little cramp every now and then, should I worry about it? Like, little things that you shouldn`t even be thinking about. If you are one of those people, then my bad. :shrug:

Anyways, to change the subject...could you move me up to August 11th? I`ve been moved up an entire week. Please and thank you. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->