~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Glad were having some good news on here!

Lol-I'm so sorry. We are all here for mental support!

just heard that planned sections are now done at 39 weeks instead of 38 :growlmad:

so glad all is well cracker - i have my dating scan on 6th feb!

Yay! Just realised this from your first post, I am first thing that day - looks like our due dates will only be a day or so apart :happydance:

Ugh, I'm so jealous of all of you! I know I just had a scan last Friday and one the Thursday before but my next one isn't until February 22nd and you're all getting them in the next few weeks! SO JEALOUS!! lol :)

just decided to put in a ppi claim on scotts old bank loan and we doing it ourselfs lol so no gready 'no win no fee' companys to pay , they recon could be 2k woohoo x and it only takes 8 weeks :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Cracker, so glad things worked out okay for you. :happydance:

Lolpants, sorry this has happened to you, he must be mad to walk out! His loss honey, not yours. Hope it gets sorted in whichever way you hope for. :hugs:

Good news for me today, my HiBeBe Doppler arrived today so straight out of the packet to try it and I hit the jackpot within a minute of searching! A lovely strong heartbeat of 171bpm, I'm so pleased and its quite early too so wasn't really expecting to hear anything until next week. I have to say its the best £100 I ever spent where reassurance is concerned :happydance:

Isn't it beautiful? :) I haven't used mine in a couple weeks and it took forever to find the heartbeat at only 6 weeks, I bet it will be a lot easier now though! I should try again tonight.

Ugh, I'm so jealous of all of you! I know I just had a scan last Friday and one the Thursday before but my next one isn't until February 22nd and you're all getting them in the next few weeks! SO JEALOUS!! lol :)

Consider yourself lucky... I don't get ANY scans until 18 or MORE WEEKS!!!! I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow!

Hi ladies! I think I'm due around August 30. I go for my first scan on Wednesday!!! So far, I have had sore boobs and they have grown a full cup size. I've been super tired, eating nonstop, have been nauseous throughout the day, and got sick for the first time on Friday. Oh - and my sciatic nerve has been pinched everyday too. It's crazy! But today, I woke up, and nothing. Not one symptom. Of course I am worrying the crap out of myself. I hate when the symptoms just disappear!!! Wednesday can't get here soon enough!!

so glad all is well cracker - i have my dating scan on 6th feb!

Yay! Just realised this from your first post, I am first thing that day - looks like our due dates will only be a day or so apart :happydance:

Mines at 10:30, i'll go in 12+5 but suspect I'll come out meauring around 13+5!!! Thats what happened with my DD!! I have average 28 day cycles but ovulate earlier that day 14!!

just heard that planned sections are now done at 39 weeks instead of 38 :growlmad:

Yeah I had my DD at 39 weeks, my mw told me at my booking in appointment that I'll have baby at 39 weeks on a Monday or a Thursday here!

lolpants- hope things srart looking up for you soon. Im sure you will be fine no matter which way it goes :hugs:

Ive just got my letter through for dating scan on 14th Feb :D feels ages away but im sure it will fly. At least its in the morning :)

Also got a letter through for my consultant apointment. in April. Not so much looking forward to that one as i dont agree i should be under consultant care and i will be telling them so. I WILL go to the birthing centre of have my home birth :growlmad:

why do they think you should be under consultant care?
I'm not sure if I am or not - it says on the front of my maternity notes the lead professional is Consultant so does that mean I'm under Consultant care? I will go into hospital later in the pregnancy to book my c-section but other than that I'll just be seeing the MW.

Yay! I`m a green olive this week! :happydance:
I`ve been reading the thread but I haven`t been updating myself.
Everything seems to be going fine so far. My last scan was at 6 weeks, and the baby looked great!
Since then my symptoms have been disappearing, and I have had NO spotting and NO cramping at all since being pregnant...only dull pains every now and then.
My next ultrasound is this Thursday (when I`m 9 weeks, 4 days), so I`ll definitely be posting my picture after that. :thumbup:

lolpants- hope things srart looking up for you soon. Im sure you will be fine no matter which way it goes :hugs:

Ive just got my letter through for dating scan on 14th Feb :D feels ages away but im sure it will fly. At least its in the morning :)

Also got a letter through for my consultant apointment. in April. Not so much looking forward to that one as i dont agree i should be under consultant care and i will be telling them so. I WILL go to the birthing centre of have my home birth :growlmad:

I'm not sure if I am or not - it says on the front of my maternity notes the lead professional is Consultant so does that mean I'm under Consultant care? I will go into hospital later in the pregnancy to book my c-section but other than that I'll just be seeing the MW.

Because I had a 3rd degree tear with my last baby. But other than that i had an easy labour/birth. They think i only teared because she came so quick. So i dont really agree that i should be classed as 'high risk' as there isnt really any risk to baby. Just the concern i could have another 3rd degree or worse.

Yeah if your lead professional is consultant on your notes it means your under consultant care and they get the final say on any decicions that need to be made instead of your midwife. I only have to see the consultant once and other then that i see the midwife as normal, just means he gets to decide what kind of birth i can have :(

Hello Ladies!
Just calling in to say hi! 1st night of being a single Mummy last night, and typically Phoebe was screaming all night! Really tired today, but have Stay and Play and work later- oh how I wish I had time to be lazy!
Thanks for all your messages of support - it is gonna be hard having 2 under 2, on my own!

I was consultant led care last time, and no doubt will be this time, as I have high BMI. Not that I saw a consultant last time as was in labour less than 20 mins!

Can't wait for scan Monday, to know whether the baby is defo there and also how far along my bean is :)

Lol xx

Because I had a 3rd degree tear with my last baby. But other than that i had an easy labour/birth. They think i only teared because she came so quick. So i dont really agree that i should be classed as 'high risk' as there isnt really any risk to baby. Just the concern i could have another 3rd degree or worse.

Yeah if your lead professional is consultant on your notes it means your under consultant care and they get the final say on any decicions that need to be made instead of your midwife. I only have to see the consultant once and other then that i see the midwife as normal, just means he gets to decide what kind of birth i can have :(

Ah that seems a bit precautionary! But then they do say that labours get quicker! Hopefully the consultant you see will let you plead yr case and listen to yr own concerns and wants for the birth and weigh that up against the medial risks before making a decision.
I had an emergency c-section with my first so had to go and plead my case to have an elective last time. I ended up having my son under a GA and woke up thinking the whole experience had been a bad dream only to be confronted with this baby laying on the bed next to me! Was very shocked and very traumatic and it took me a long time to bond with him and even now I still can't associate him with the bump I had! So with my daughter I was very anxious to not have to go thru anything like that again, I just wanted to make sure I was awake and could make that association of the bump becoming the baby iykwim! So I had an elective c-section with her and it was most definately the right decision for me, it was such a more pleasurable experience!
Anyway after having 2 sections the MW just told me I would be having this one by c-section as well but I guess I'll still have to go see the consultant to get it confirmed and booked in!

Glad to hear things are going o.k. lol!

I have my first prenatal scheduled for Tuesday!! Can't wait to start seeing the doctor!

ladies just having a little moan here. i am suffering badly with feeling sick 24 hours a day and i am at the point where every thought of ANY food its making me feel worse. really dont know how or what i am going to eat :nope: it really doesnt help that i have the most awful cough (this is my 6th week) that is still making me heave constantly x

hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:

Ah that seems a bit precautionary! But then they do say that labours get quicker! Hopefully the consultant you see will let you plead yr case and listen to yr own concerns and wants for the birth and weigh that up against the medial risks before making a decision.
I had an emergency c-section with my first so had to go and plead my case to have an elective last time. I ended up having my son under a GA and woke up thinking the whole experience had been a bad dream only to be confronted with this baby laying on the bed next to me! Was very shocked and very traumatic and it took me a long time to bond with him and even now I still can't associate him with the bump I had! So with my daughter I was very anxious to not have to go thru anything like that again, I just wanted to make sure I was awake and could make that association of the bump becoming the baby iykwim! So I had an elective c-section with her and it was most definately the right decision for me, it was such a more pleasurable experience!
Anyway after having 2 sections the MW just told me I would be having this one by c-section as well but I guess I'll still have to go see the consultant to get it confirmed and booked in!

Yes does seem over cautious, hope i can talk them round! I am really worried that this one will be quicker, it was quite speedy enough last time :haha: Dont think i would make it to birthing centre if it was any quicker, that car ride was the worst part!! Thats part of the reason i wanted a home birth..
Sounds like you had a rough time with your son. Hope it goes as you want this time.understandable that you are anxious for that not to happen again!! Will be exciting for you to have an exact date you know they are coming! I have been offered an elect section but i dont want to take it i dont think. Not right for me this time. (hope i dont regret that!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->