~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Lots of love your way, Lolpants. :hugs:

Spice~ Babe looks good! :)

EA~ That is too cute!!! :D Good luck staying on team yellow.. :thumbup:

Our scan from yesterday... Due date confirmed 8-30-12
Baby was moving around like crazy... even though in this shot he/she's legs crossed, hands behind the head, relaxing!
Telling co-workers on Tuesday, then making it "facebook official"!

I have 2 close friends due in July, and they both found out this week that they're having boys... so while I was leaning towards a girl, it would be really nice to have the 3 boys so close... And still tempted to stay team yellow if I can handle it!

I'm really trying to stay team yellow as well - so hard to stay strong! Last time we found out, but would be so nice to have a complete surprise!!

I've still been having more bleeding, ended up in A&E on Thursday night after passing a huge clot. Sorry! But everything still is fine, consultant thinks it is low lying placenta but impossible to tell until 20 wk scan. So trying to keep it easy - don't want that sort of scare again!!!

Has anyone felt baby yet? Think it was 17 weeks with DD but I swear I felt flutterings this week :hugs:

Cracker~ Glad your baby is doing well, sorry to hear your still bleeding though. :hugs: I hope the bleeding stops completely soon.. I was 14 weeks with number 3 when fluttering started, do you notice movement more while sitting?

I have the same, what feels like bubbles popping, that I had with my third son starting around this time. Only every 2-3 days though, I can't wait until they happen more often. :)

I can feel little bits of movement too and I'm only 13 weeks! Not every day but I'm pretty sure that it's movement. I really can't wait for it to get stronger and more regular, I love that feeling!!

I know it's weird cuz it's my first but I swear I felt the lo moving in their this week. Very butterfly's/popcorn popping in my tummy. So weird! Not sure if I'm correct but I can't wait to feel some real kicks!

I've had bubble popping too when I'm still :) I.didn't feel dd until I was 19 weeks mind I haven't had the popping feeling for a week.now :( I'm worried Wich is silly I.know!

It's my first so I know it's early to be feeling anything but I swear I have. I only notice it if I'm laying down very still for a long time though.

Happily-did you get the doppler figured out? It takes a couple times to really get the hang of it. Little bean moved a lot since yesterday cuz the heartbeat was in a different place than it has been the last two weeks! I can't wait to really start feeling LO, I feel like then I won't need to use the doppler as often. Right now I use it once or twice per week!

How have the reactions been to those who have told families/friends? This is our first and I am 37, I told my Aunt and Uncle yesterday and they were completely shocked and said they never thought we wanted any children because we never spoke about it. Just because I don't speak about it doesn't mean I don't want any! I've been a career girl until now and have achieved what I wanted to, and now want to achieve motherhood before its too late. I was just a bit disappointed by their reaction almost like they thought it must be unplanned.

Has anyone else had any unexpected or strange reactions? Its knocked my confidence a bit I have to say.

This is my 3rd and DHs 5th so pretty much the first thing we've had to say to people is yes its planned, we thought long and hard about it and its the right decision for us! Once we'd given out the explanation family have been really pleased for us, well all except DHs eldest 2 daughters (14 and 11) who said they were OK to start with only to then go off on one!

Family have annoyed me with their reactions like why have you done that ect ect I don't think any of my close family said congratulations

I'm 24 in April this is my second and my dd is 13 months atm BUT I'm in a long term relationship don't claim benefits we own out own house and oh works dam hard to support us and this baby was planned, I think my family think I haven't properly thought about having no.2 rolls eyes

The family members I've told have reacted better than I thought they would. This is the first baby we've planned to have so that could explain it, the first 3 were 1st trimester battles of "not another one?!?" "you're putting your lives on hold, again" "so much for a career, house, new car, ect." blah blah blah. :wacko: So glad it's been positive so far this time, but we're prepared for any naysayers, if they have anything to say that isn't positive, they can wait to see us after the baby comes. That kind of stress is not welcome and I don't have to put up with it. I'm 30 and DH is 32, we're very happy with our decision and eager to meet our new family member. :cloud9:

Thanks ladies, glad I'm not alone but still think its so rude of people to have these opinionated thoughts, it's almost like we are still 15 and in school lol! I would expect negative reactions then but not as a 37 year old married woman, completely unreliant on any form of handouts. Grr!!

Hello ladies, can I join you please? I'm due on 19th August - predicted team pink from nub/skull guesses but wont find out officially until April 10th!

Hello ladies, can I join you please? I'm due on 19th August - predicted team pink from nub/skull guesses but wont find out officially until April 10th!

Yay another Firefly - welcome and congrats!

Yay another Firefly - welcome and congrats!

Thankyou! Just realised my due date is exactly 6 months today, eek where has the time gone :wacko:

Everybody in my family has been really supportive. The only thing that bothered me is that a few people on my dh's side of the family have asked him if he is okay with it. I'm sorry but if he wasn't okay with it then we wouldn't be telling you. And it takes two to tango. We both made this baby and even though we were planning on waiting a tad longer we BOTH were happy and excited about it. Just seems like people have no etiquette anymore. Think about the words that come out of your mouth!!! Anyways... :)

Everybody in my family has been really supportive. The only thing that bothered me is that a few people on my dh's side of the family have asked him if he is okay with it. I'm sorry but if he wasn't okay with it then we wouldn't be telling you. And it takes two to tango. We both made this baby and even though we were planning on waiting a tad longer we BOTH were happy and excited about it. Just seems like people have no etiquette anymore. Think about the words that come out of your mouth!!! Anyways... :)

Thats charming, like they're blaming it on you! :nope: Some people eh! I just don't get it, why can't people be pleased :nope:

My mother was pretty much just like "I hope everything goes however you want it to". Gee, thanks Mom? OH's family was all super pleased.

For my first son, I was 21 and in a relationship with this guy my Mom hated. I did end up marrying him, but it ended badly. She still hasn't seen her first grandbaby, and from Day 1 she was unhappy with it. This time around everything was planned and budgeted for so at least her reaction this time was better then last time!

My parents have been pretty supportive, and other than a random first comment so have OH's... but I wonder about all my "friends"

The first comment went something like "Oh... it happened faster than you thought eh?" As if it wasn't a wonderful surprise... but it wasn't too bad of a comment.

Anyone know how to get rid of a splitting headache? I went to bed and it was present and I woke up and it is still here... feels like my head is splitting in two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->