~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

How many of you ladies are getting a nuchal translucency scan? I'm 24 and my doc says most people my age opt for just the blood work. That's what my sister did. Any thoughts?

Lovely scan pic Cracker, we are exactly the same due date. I had my scan last week, exciting isn't it!

How many of you ladies are getting a nuchal translucency scan? I'm 24 and my doc says most people my age opt for just the blood work. That's what my sister did. Any thoughts?

In the UK the bloodwork is included in the 12 week Nuchal Scan and most healthcare trusts offer it as standard to all mothers regardless of age, although some trusts only offer it to women over a certain age. Mine was included regardless. I am awaiting results from bloods now, but sonogrpaher was happy with what she saw on the scan my NT result was 1.8 which is good so I am pleased.

Lovely scan pictures everyone! My scan is tomorrow at 12 p.m., can't wait! But nervous too, even though I had a scan at 9 weeks.

Thought I would post my bump now its appeared - I haven't put on a single pound since my BFP but my body has changed completely. I had a completely flat stomach before! My last day in first tri! :happydance:

Thought you might find my solution to trousers that won't do up, amusing! :haha:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 4
I used to do that with trousers during my last pregnancy too.. Haven't had to yet but no doubt will soon!

Good luck to everyone with scans still to come.

Hey there ladies,
Gorgeous scan pics! I'm jealous!! The one symptom I can't seem to shake is the exhaustion! I get tired to early and I feel bad for my dh who wants to spend time with me at night and I fall asleep on the couch. At least he knows it's because I'm growing a baby in there!! Haha. Alot of my symptoms have backed off alot this week. I guess my hcg finally peaked and is now lowering. I want to rent a Doppler after hearing the hb last week! Haha
Well here's to us all moving to 2nd tri in the next few weeks

Buy one!! Search google for the "Sonoline B Fetal Doppler". I'm pretty sure I got mine from fetaldoppler.net and I think it's the 3Mhz. It's only $53 and I heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks. DH and I listen to it every few nights, LOVE

Hey so I got my doppler in the mail today and Im not sure it's working properly. 1. As soon as I turn it on it starts showing numbers and the heart flashes... Like before I even put it on my tummy.
2. I tried it on my own heart to and it shows my heartbeat at an extremely high bpm, like 140. Maybe your not supposed to put it near your heart because it doesn't read it accurately.
3. I think I can hear baby's hb because it sounds like what I heard at the doc but it's so soft and sometimes I can hear it even though it's not getting picked up on the screen...
Ugh! Anyways...

GL at your scan today Polaris!!

I just found out I am gonna be a Great Aunt!!! My niece is due 12th August! :)

Lol xx

Oh and I love your scan pic Cracker!! Looks like baby is pointing upwards saying 'thats my Mummy' :) xx

I've just started bleeding!! Bright red blood :( panicking here and can't speak to anyone till after 1pm!!

oh huni hope everything is ok i will be stalking till u update :hugs::hugs:

Thanks hun - have emergency scan booked for tomorrow morning - still bleeding - starting to get heavier and look like clots :(
Lol xx

i have bled in all my pregnancies babe and we been ok. as long as u have no pain (and believe me this far along it would really hurt) u will be ok just try to relax and keep off ur feet x

:hugs:Oh no, hope you are okay.
Try to rest and put your feet up.. not easy with a little one I know!

So sorry to read this Lolpants - I've had yet another bright red heavy bleed today and have yet another scan tomorrow, this time if everything is okay I'm going to insist on seeing a consultant...this will be my 7th scan!!

Put your feet up and drink loads of water and try not too panic, if you are really worried go straight to a&e :thumbup: Really hoping everything will be okay for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->