~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Hi there ladies,
Just hoping for some advice on this. I am a nanny and have a good amount of downtime during the day. Stella seems to move alot during the day but not at night. This is nice for me cuz I get to sleep more. My concern is that today is my day off and I slept in an hour and she didn't kick me at all until I woke up. It was only alittle at first... it concerned me so I checked her on my doppler, there she was.. strong heartbeat! After that she has been kicking normally but it still freaked me out. When do we start kick counting? I just wish that 24 weeks would come so I can have just alittle more reassurance. I guess I just didnt realize that I could love anyone as much as I love this baby... so Im just freaked out.

Hope you all are doing great!

I asked my OB last time I was there, which was last week. He told me two things, first, that we don't always notice it, especially if the baby has turned in a different direction or if we are distracted. Second he said "The baby sleeps too!" Maybe your baby thought it would be a good time for a nap.

Then I asked him when to do kick counts and he basically said that kick counts were tough, because of all the things that are above, and basically just call if you notice that the movement has decreased a lot. But he said to eat or drink something first, that sometimes eating something can help the baby move.

He was kinda vague on it, I just think he doesn't like relying on kick counts or anything. I think its important to figure out if your baby is kicking less than usual though.

And this is just what my OB said, I know different doctors are different on this.

Hi there ladies,
I just wish that 24 weeks would come so I can have just alittle more reassurance. I guess I just didnt realize that I could love anyone as much as I love this baby... so Im just freaked out.

By the way I am very glad 24 weeks is here finally. I can totally understand how you feel. I put a countdown on my phone and everyday I looked at it. You'll make it there too~!!

I have a question. I'm so hungry, I'm eating on average 2500 calories a day. Before I was pregnant I was okay with 1800-2000 so I feel like I'm eating a lot. Is it too much? Thanks :)

Ugh, I don't even want to begin counting calories. I'm trying to eat healthy but I'm craving so much chocolate and ice cream! I end up eating a lot of cereal too as snacks to tide me over between meals. I've gained 17 pounds already so this week I've decided to cut out ice cream entirely and have switched to those frozen fruit bars. I've also cut back on the chocolate so hopefully it all helps!

Anyone have visible stretch marks yet? I think I've been lucky so far but don't know how long that will last. And leaky nipples? Mine just started leaking last week. It's kind of annoying but I was really worried about being able to since I have breast implants so at least that's one less thing to worry about.

Hi there ladies,
Just hoping for some advice on this. I am a nanny and have a good amount of downtime during the day. Stella seems to move alot during the day but not at night. This is nice for me cuz I get to sleep more. My concern is that today is my day off and I slept in an hour and she didn't kick me at all until I woke up. It was only alittle at first... it concerned me so I checked her on my doppler, there she was.. strong heartbeat! After that she has been kicking normally but it still freaked me out. When do we start kick counting? I just wish that 24 weeks would come so I can have just alittle more reassurance. I guess I just didnt realize that I could love anyone as much as I love this baby... so Im just freaked out.

I can't wait until 24 weeks either! The last week or so when Abigail didn't move at all was so disconcerning! But last night she was kicking up a storm and DH even got to feel her kick for the first time. :)

I have stretch marks around my navel, unfortunately. And I've gained close to 30 pounds so far, partly due to the fact that I destroyed my metabolism via anorexia prior to falling pregnant. I feel like a whale, and I don't even have a pronounced belly yet. I feel like I'm not pregnant, I just dreamed that I was.

Hey ladies: just a quick update. Thank you for all of your replies! I appreciate the feedback. I checked her hb again before bed last night and found it immediately. That relaxed me enough to go to sleep but I woke up at 2 am super uncomfortable and hot. It's gotten alot hotter in Seattle recently and we are in that weird time where it's to warm to not have the window open but to cold to leave it open to long. I got up and got on bnb and tried to relax but ended up posting a thread sort of freaking out. Right as I hit post Stella kicked me! Then she kicked me the rest of the night. Little stinker. Anyways. I think we are okay, probably just a growth spurt but I will keep monitoring it this weekend and will call doc if it gets worse.

Hope you all are having a good Friday!

Oh and I'm not sure how much I have gained total. I am plus size and have tried to keep eating what I was before I got pregnant in hopes of not getting alot bigger. So far it's working great and doc seems to be happy with my weight. Ugh, not excited for my glucose test. I have that in my 24 week appointment.

Thanks for the answers. :) I'm eating healthier, now that I know what I'm taking in. If that makes sense? I bought carrot and celary packs to munch on throughout the day as well as lots of fruit. I just feel like I could eat all day, all the time!

I don't have stretch marks on my stomach, but they appeared on my legs. :( I'm sad but I'd rather they be there because I'm more vain about my stomach...

good to hear happilyamrs!!

Iv started getting some dreaded stretch marks too :( I have some on my hips and legs from 1st pregnancy but they didnt appear untill well past 30 weeks, so god help me this time they have tarted popping up on the front of my tummy :( booo!!!

I just found out that I failed my first GTT yesterday, with a blood sugar reading of 180; going in next week for the three-hour...now I'm very torn between panicking and hugely limiting my diet out of fear that my weight gain caused the possible GD and accepting the fact that some women just have gestational diabetes...I just can't stop crying.

Can I just say 'arj predicts :pink: but was extremely wrong and is 100% having :blue: :blue: "

:dohh:

Arj, have updated yours to twin boys.

If anyone else needs anything updating let me know - I have taken the thread over from someone else so not sure how accurate it is so if I have missed anyone, particularly people who have recently joined, can you post or PM me and I will get it updated.

How did I not know about this...quick question...Did any of you girlies have trouble adding the firefly to your signatures? x

Can I just say 'arj predicts :pink: but was extremely wrong and is 100% having :blue: :blue: "

:dohh:

Did you know you were having two before? Congrats on you doubly :blue: bump x

:nope:

Just thought I was having my one baby girl and had already named her and bought her clothes! I had the same MS as I did my DD, as well as no implantation bleeding or 1st tri bleeds like I did with my son. Plus tried for a girl and concieved using Shettles and Chinese Birth Chart which gave me the sexes I wanted last time, and my Mum used it too and had 4 girls 4 boys

Nearly fell off the chair when I saw two babies at my 13 week scan!

Hi everyone. I hope you all are doing well!

Is it so crazy that I want men to come to the baby shower, too? For heaven's sake, I'm having my uncle plan it so it's not like I'm sticking to tradition. :) But everyone is shocked I'm inviting my uncles and guy friends, too.

Anyway, my boyfriend felt our baby boy kick and saw the kicks, too, for the first time yesterday. :) It was quite amusing. He put a punk rock band on his ipod and put it on my ribs as I laid on my side. The baby wriggled way down, away from the music and refused to move. We switched to classical and he immediately moved to the ipod and started kicking. I was so glad baby cooperated!

Lyrics.... My husband felt kicks this week for the first time also! My baby appears to respond very well to Jeff Dunham the comedian.

OH was really surprised at the force of the kick, i think he expected a wee tap and got a big old kick!

My husband felt Stella kick for the first time last night. She was in a weird position that was particularly uncomfortable for me and I knew he would feel her. He laid his hand on my tummy and 2 seconds later BOOM! There she was kicking his hand 3 times. He was pretty amazed! So special!

Lyrics.... My husband felt kicks this week for the first time also! My baby appears to respond very well to Jeff Dunham the comedian.

OH was really surprised at the force of the kick, i think he expected a wee tap and got a big old kick!

My DH felt Abigail for the first time late last week too. We were lying in bed watching a movie and she was having a field day. Then this weekend she kicked him in the mouth! I told him she was awake so he leaned down to kiss my belly and she managed to kick right in that precise spot at that very moment. lol. He was quite surprised! :haha:

Hi everyone. I hope you all are doing well!

Is it so crazy that I want men to come to the baby shower, too? For heaven's sake, I'm having my uncle plan it so it's not like I'm sticking to tradition. :) But everyone is shocked I'm inviting my uncles and guy friends, too.

Anyway, my boyfriend felt our baby boy kick and saw the kicks, too, for the first time yesterday. :) It was quite amusing. He put a punk rock band on his ipod and put it on my ribs as I laid on my side. The baby wriggled way down, away from the music and refused to move. We switched to classical and he immediately moved to the ipod and started kicking. I was so glad baby cooperated!

I'm having men at my baby shower too! I think it's nice and I don't want to leave friends or family out just because they're boys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->