~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

Happily - I've decided to let it lie for now, by messaging her about it and making a fuss I'm paranoid it'll make me look guilty.. Luckily my uni lectures ended last week so I won't have to see her anymore, I don't need people like that in my life especially when I'm pregnant! I think half the time she's just looking for a bit of drama to help spice up her life, 2 years ago when I first moved in with her she accused my OH of weeing on her chilli plant and also insinuated that I'd stolen three of her saucepan lids - why on earth would I steal three lids that wouldn't even fit my own saucepans? At any rate I don't recall ever seeing them in the cupboard so I'm not sure they even existed in the first place!

Powerxpuff and Happily - Glad to see I'm not the only one have crazy meltdowns, at least we can look back and laugh :haha: Pretty sure at times my OH thinks I'm going through an early midlife crisis!

Jaan - Sorry to hear you can't get hold of your doctor, must be very annoying/stressful for you! Are you still losing the plug?

Jasmine - Happy birthday :wohoo:

Heehee... yeah... Pretty sure I have been fairly hormonal as well. I can't remember any specific breakdowns, I usually can fuel all my anger into when a students misbehaves in class. (ONLY KIDDING!! Although I am kinda a strict teacher)

Haha :) I'm hoping to eventually become a college teacher for students with SEN. Just finished my undergrad degree, hopefully going to begin the postgraduate course when this babies grown up a bit and started nursery. What do you teach?

I teach chemistry!

I hope to become a college professor too, thinking about doing my graduate studies while the chillins are young.

Yeah I had a few friends that I've backed away from cuz all they want is drama. It's like, isn't life complicated enough without you bringing crazy unnecessary drama into it. Sounds like she needs to keep her imaginary cooking utensils in a lock box because obviously she has a problem keeping track of them. Hahaha.

Baby is hanging out near my back today and it does not feel good. Hoping she moves soon!

Happy Birthday, Jasmine!

And thanks JaanRuk! :) I'll ask at my next appointment but there was no blood or anything. I'm pretty sure it's okay.

I'm curious, did anyone lose a taste for something when they got pregnant? I no longer crave chocolate at all. Granted, that's a good thing health-wise but I think it's funny that I no longer want chocolate. I also don't have any cravings at all. Everyone asks me if I do but asides from thinking something would taste really good, I don't NEED it. I just feel weird that people are craving things and I'm not. :D

I totally understand. Last summer my husband and I ate a ton of turkey burgers. Now if I even see a turkey burger I get sick to my stomach. My pregnant self does not want it at all!

Yeah, I totally get what you are saying! When I got pregnant, I saw some delicious looking brownies, but I did NOT want any! It was the first time I didn't want something, I wasn't just denying myself so I wouldn't have the calories.

Jaan - Sorry to hear you can't get hold of your doctor, must be very annoying/stressful for you! Are you still losing the plug?

yeah its annoying but im fine..im not losing it anymore so thats good :) , that girl sounds like a drama queen I cant put up with people like that -_-

i know what you mean lyrics i totaly went off coffee that i used to love. came back to it in my 2nd tri tho so it didnt last.

thankyou all for the happy b'day wishes ive had a good day

however its my 21st birthday and allthough everyone focused on that and got me someting lovely just for me and maybe 1 little thing for my baby one of my auntys just sent a card with "ill buy something for baby when its born" written at the bottom. she knows i have allready got everything from cot to clothes and wipes to steriliser so she would only be getting baby clothes or something similar and it just seems like a bit of a let down as if i hadnt been pregnant for my 21st then im sure she would also have given me something special would you say its wrong to feel a bit upsett about this?

Honestly Jasmine, I can't remember the last time I received a real birthday present. They hold such little value to me. I wouldn't worry about it!

I haven't had a birthday party or received a gift since turning 18 from my dad's side of the family and wouldn't expect otherwise. I do receive a a card but that's it and even that isn't expected. From my mom's side, birthday parties are an all out grand affair no matter the age. The whole family gets together for cake, ice cream, and pizza. Not really any gifts after 18 though, maybe a book or a shirt or something. The gift receiving actually makes me really uncomfortable so I'd prefer no gifts and am now so excited I can say no party for me, let's celebrate Abigail instead! hehe

My 21st was almost completly ignored ... Amy was just 4 weeks old and we held her naming ceremony the weekend nearest my birthday! Everything is about her and this little one! We dont really do birthday presents for us anymore as all our money gets put towards the little ones!

Hmmm maybe think of it this way. Even if she gets you more sterilizers, or whatever, that's money you won't have to spend, so if you really want something, spend that money on yourself! So in a roundabout way its still a good gift anyway!

I'm glad I'm not alone in terms of not wanting certain foods! :)

As for the presents, I think it's kinda normal. I'm not expecting anything for my birthday this year. (September 21, about a month after baby makes his appearance) As long as my boyfriend remembers, I'll be happy, lol. :)

Hey ladies, just wondering how many of you are getting vaccinated for pertussis? I live in Washington and we have seen a huge rise in the number or reported cases since
last year. Sorta scary. I'm having my Hubby get the vaccine this weekend and I am getting it at my 24 week appointment next Thursday. My mom and mil are getting it as well as both of my sil's. My sister is pregnant as well so she and her husband will get it as well. Just wondering your thoughts and of you have had it or of you are getting it. I have read that new studies are showing that you may pass on a slight immunity to your newborn by having the pertussis booster shot done during your pregnancy. You apparently have to get it between 20-32 weeks.

I just got mine today. I was really concerned about getting it because I don't usually do any vaccinations but after reading up on it some, it definitely seems worthy. I'm going to ask my mom to get it as well since she'll be around Abigail almost daily for the first few months until she starts getting immunity from breastfeeding. My DH already has it because he's a teacher.

i know what you mean lyrics i totaly went off coffee that i used to love. came back to it in my 2nd tri tho so it didnt last.

thankyou all for the happy b'day wishes ive had a good day

however its my 21st birthday and allthough everyone focused on that and got me someting lovely just for me and maybe 1 little thing for my baby one of my auntys just sent a card with "ill buy something for baby when its born" written at the bottom. she knows i have allready got everything from cot to clothes and wipes to steriliser so she would only be getting baby clothes or something similar and it just seems like a bit of a let down as if i hadnt been pregnant for my 21st then im sure she would also have given me something special would you say its wrong to feel a bit upsett about this?

I think I'd feel the same way as you, if the tradition has always been that you exchange gifts then this comes as a bit if a surprise. Its accepted I don't exchange gifts with my Dad as he lives abroad but if my Mum or her side of the family were to say that, it would be unusual and therefore I would feel a bit miffed I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->