~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

I told my Hubby I was totally up for a coed baby shower but he said he would rather use the day to go out with the guys. Oh well. I could care less as long he comes by at the end to help me bring everything home haha.

I really want DH and at least one guy friend to have the choice to be there as well but my mom is so opposed to it! She doesn't even want DH there... :(

It's stupid because I remember men being at her baby shower for my brother!

I'm glad I'm not alone. I want all my friends and family there (that can make it, anyway) not just women.

At any rate, I'm craving oreos horribly and I can't go buy some (I have no car, stuck on college campus). Cravings are the worst sometimes!

has anyone in here experienced losing little pieces of their mucus plug...as of yet?

No baby shower for me, I am being showered with gifts by my sister however so I dont feel I am missing out!

Hey everybody, feels like I've not been on this thread for ages. Been bogged down with uni work but I've only got three assignments left then I'm free! Glad to see that everybody is happy and well.

I've got no experience of baby showers, never attended or held one, but I don't see the problem with having men present :shrug: In my opinion it's the more the merrier. Is it tradition that men generally aren't invited then?

Jaan - I havn't lost any but after reading through your thread on second tri it appears that a lot of women have done. It seems quite a common thing and I wouldn't worry yourself unnecessarily, it's probably regenerating itself as speak! :hugs: Did you manage to get hold of your doctor/midwife?

I'm so emotional this week. My old housemate accused me of stealing one of her baking trays on Facebook a few days ago and it's been playing on my mind ever since. I don't know what I'm more hurt by, the fact she's known me for 3 years but still believes I'm the sort of person who would steal (especially off a 'friend') or the fact she's made out I'm a thief infront of everybody we know. It's only a tatty £2 baking tray and I *didn't* steal it but it still feels horrible being accused, especially publicly. :growlmad:

Ok I'll stop ranting now. In other exciting news, OH and myself have decided we'd like a home water birth. I hate the idea of being cooped up in a hospital with the restrictions of visiting hours and without the guarantee of a having a birth pool available, I'm certain I'll be far more comfortable at home. If the worst should happen we live less than a minute away from the hospital so no worries there. I talked it through with my midwife yesterday, she's okayed it and arranged a birth pool for us :thumbup:

Speak to you soon ladies:flower:

Sorry about your ' friend' cin..thats awful. Great about your birth plan though.i really want a water birth too but too scared to do it at home and the closest covered hospital that offers it is hours and hits away... :-( maybe for baby #2

Goodness Cin... seems like she would have just gone and bought another one rather than to stir up trouble. Oh well.

Jaan - I hope it turns out it was just discharge, you said your appointment is Friday on another thread, can you go in to see him/her before then? Has your doctor/midwife given you any reassurance on the phone?

A water birth sounds so relaxing... but its all hospital for me... :(

Ah that's rubbish gardenofedens :( Fingers crossed you'll be able to have one for #2.

If hers really has gone missing I don't understand either why she hasn't just bought another one. I moved out in January, so I don't know why she hasn't mentioned it before if she honestly does think I've stolen it. She lives with 3 other people and they all constantly have people visiting aswell so it could have been anyone, or maybe one of them threw it out after getting food stuck to it instead of washing it (my OH does this regularly :dohh:).
The reason she mentioned it in the first place is because I cooked a beef wellington and my OH asked me to put the photo on Facebook so he could show it off to his friends (it was seriously massive!). So I uploaded the photo of it fresh out of the oven still on a baking tray and recieved this comment off her straight away: 'is that a beef wellington!?... and is that my baking tray!?!?' The baking tray in the photo is just a generic, stained baking tray, nothing special about it, and was part of a set my OH's mother bought him when he first bought his house.

I'm probably just being hormonal and reading too much into it but stuff like this really annoys me, especially given I've been moved out for three months and she's only decided to mention it now!

Oh dear, just realised how crazy I sound getting all worked up over a baking tray! :haha:

You dont sound crazy Cin! How hurtful that she would bring it up. Maybe message her privately that you would never steal her tray and that it was hurtful to be accused of it in such a public way. She should have come and talked to you. How insensitive! Sounds like it's good you moved out of there.

Ugh, I got two nasty blisters on each of my heals. It's been awful and I woke up last night and they were throbbing. Had to walk to the store and buy ointment and band aids. They feel better as long as I change the bandage and keep them covered. Ugh. Pregnancy and blisters do not mix. The plus was Stella was very active last night and I got to feel some very strong kicks!

My mil has offered to throw me a shower. My sister was already planning one with my mom so my mil has decided to do one to for my dh's side of the family. That will be nice because the guest list would have been sooo long if my sister had to invite everyone. We both have big family's.

Oh dear, just realised how crazy I sound getting all worked up over a baking tray! :haha:

That's OK Cin, a couple of weeks ago I had a full-on meltdown over having bought the wrong milk.

Yeah I had a freak out last week because I misread the directions on a frozen pizza and burned it. Went back to the store and got another one and some ice cream just to realize that when I got home I had bought dark chocolate ice cream bars instead of milk chocolate... I hate dark chocolate. My dh was cracking up as I was throwing a fit that I had misread the packaging on two different products in a matter of hours. I felt so silly late when my hormones subsided. Oh well.

Hey everybody, feels like I've not been on this thread for ages. Been bogged down with uni work but I've only got three assignments left then I'm free! Glad to see that everybody is happy and well.

I've got no experience of baby showers, never attended or held one, but I don't see the problem with having men present :shrug: In my opinion it's the more the merrier. Is it tradition that men generally aren't invited then?

Jaan - I havn't lost any but after reading through your thread on second tri it appears that a lot of women have done. It seems quite a common thing and I wouldn't worry yourself unnecessarily, it's probably regenerating itself as speak! :hugs: Did you manage to get hold of your doctor/midwife?

I'm so emotional this week. My old housemate accused me of stealing one of her baking trays on Facebook a few days ago and it's been playing on my mind ever since. I don't know what I'm more hurt by, the fact she's known me for 3 years but still believes I'm the sort of person who would steal (especially off a 'friend') or the fact she's made out I'm a thief infront of everybody we know. It's only a tatty £2 baking tray and I *didn't* steal it but it still feels horrible being accused, especially publicly. :growlmad:

Ok I'll stop ranting now. In other exciting news, OH and myself have decided we'd like a home water birth. I hate the idea of being cooped up in a hospital with the restrictions of visiting hours and without the guarantee of a having a birth pool available, I'm certain I'll be far more comfortable at home. If the worst should happen we live less than a minute away from the hospital so no worries there. I talked it through with my midwife yesterday, she's okayed it and arranged a birth pool for us :thumbup:

Speak to you soon ladies:flower:

yeah I think its regenerating itself too I just wanted to ask to see if more people have experienced it..but i guess my thread did that :dohh: and I didnt get ahold of my dr ..whenever i try to get ahold of him hes not in .. just my luck no one really returns my calls .. i did speak with a nurse who didnt really seem to know what to say she just told me to go to the emergency in the hospital..but I dont think its an emergency and id rather not go there if I dont have an actual emergency..I think its so hurtful your friend accused you of that.. i hope she apologized to you:flower:

What does a bit of mucus plug look like? I had a bit of what I thought was abnormal discharge. Really gooey and thick, but clear. There wasn't much of it, though it wasn't exactly regular discharge. (Sorry if that's TMI!) Just curious.

What does a bit of mucus plug look like? I had a bit of what I thought was abnormal discharge. Really gooey and thick, but clear. There wasn't much of it, though it wasn't exactly regular discharge. (Sorry if that's TMI!) Just curious.

it looks like a glob of snot and yeah its gooey and thick mucus consistency mine was clear too I also had only small pieces..

try putting a pantyliner in for a while and checking it when you go to the loo if there is any blood or fluid then go to the docs straight away otherwise if bits stop coming out then id just wait till your next appointment and ask them to give you a check up

im really excitd its my birthday today yay! hope i dont have any silly pregnancy moments and i can just enjoy it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->